Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 08-24-2017, 02:07 PM   #1
n0speedlimit

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Need Delaware inspection/emissions

So I am trying to register my 2014 ZL1 in Delaware so I can register it. anyone know someone that will pass me everything should be good to go on it except for tint, which I refuse to take off! Any help is greatly appreciated.
n0speedlimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 06:46 AM   #2
SILVERHAWK

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, '22 Silverado Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by n0speedlimit View Post
So I am trying to register my 2014 ZL1 in Delaware so I can register it. anyone know someone that will pass me everything should be good to go on it except for tint, which I refuse to take off! Any help is greatly appreciated.

Good luck. inspection here is State run.... meaning you have to take it through the DMV lanes in one of the 3 counties. It's going to be a crap shoot if it passes on certain mods.... They have become pretty lax on exhaust ever since they supposedly got sued for their decibel testing. I have heard that people have gone through without mufflers and/or cats and passed emissions. Pretty much as long as it doesn't break the car windows with how loud it is and you don't have a CEL... it may go through.

But I will say you aren't going to pass with tint on your windows without a medical waiver....since the state has a NO tint on the front driver and passenger windows rule. Years ago I had one inspector that was going to fail my GMC Jimmy because he said the stock windows were too dark on the front. I raised holy hell until another inspector heard me and came over to correct the guy. I would have been screwed!!!
Try going to a medical or eye doctor and convincing them you need a waiver. You'll have to go into DE DMV in person to get one of their waiver forms. They are really hell bent on this form. I had a waiver on the old form which I've had for 10 years and the lady at the registration desk told me the next time I came in for renewal they would fail me because mine was on the old form. AND MY OLD ONE WAS ON FILE THERE AND THEY WERE STILL GOING TO FAIL ME!!! Even though it states that my form was good for the life that I owned the truck. I didn't argue... it wasn't worth the breath. The next time I went to my eye doctor he filled out another new one.... It just cost me another $25.00.
Since I am an LEO in DE I will give you one more bit of information. You can take the tint off, get it inspected, and find someone to put it back on BUT, first off an installer isn't supposed to put any tint on a vehicle unless the owner has a waiver. Plus, when an officer runs your tag in-state it actually has a spot on the screen indicating whether or not you have a tint waiver attached to your registration. The violation is also a primary one so that's all we need to pull you over. I'm not saying we are all strict on the violation, but you will find some certain officers will be.

Good luck.