Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-03-2018, 06:36 PM   #1
CALLAWAY11

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Callaway
What is this vibration? Advice appreciated

Hey there, my car started vibrating and it seems to be getting worse. I dont drive the car that much because its been in the shop getting random things done but i noticed it about 100 miles ago on a high speed run in Mexico I’m now feeling it doing 50. When driving the car it only happens when you are accelerating. As soon as you push a little bit of gas over 50 mph you can feel it and it increases as you go faster. But when you let go of the throttle, it stops. So its only on load. My shop thought it was my driveshaft and I replaced it with a one piece aluminum from DSS and it still does it. I have Gforce upgraded axles and on the drivers side axle, a little bit of grease is coming out. Its not a ton but its coming out. Could it be that axle? I’m not sure. But the axle is spinning the whole time, so it should do it, i think, regardless of the car accelerating or decelerating. I still have my old OEM axles and might try that. They are going to do a high speed balance on my wheels just to rule that out. But I dont think its my transmission or my rear end but im not sure. Does anyone have any ideas what they think is happening?
2011 Callaway SC572 2SS/RS, TVS 2300 Supercharger, 1-7/8" Kooks LT Headers, Fast 85# injectors, E85 Flex Fuel Conversion, Fore Twin Fuel Pumps, MGW flat stick short throw shifter, McLeod RXT twin disc clutch, Liberty Gears Tremec trans, DSS 1000 hp axles, Nitto NT555r drag radials, 10#'s of boost, 702 rwhp/ 697 torque, Recaro seat upgrade
CALLAWAY11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:50 PM   #2
steakmaker

Drives: '10 Camaro SS,Jeep Commander Hemi
Have the engine mounts checked out.
steakmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:57 PM   #3
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Where do you feel this vibration? And what frequency is it, as in, the steering wheel of seat of the pants? More engine or tire/wheel rpm?
Old 06-05-2018, 02:36 PM   #4
LHRxDeadx

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS Inferno Orange
bro ive been chasing one for a year now man still no luck. im well over 5k in parts that ive changed thinking that was it. ( i needed the parts any ways for my power level)
if you find anything out let me know
LHRxDeadx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 04:50 PM   #5
jergarr

Drives: 11' RJT 2SS/RS L99
Yeah ive got a similar vibration except i feel it over 25 mph. I only feel it on acceleration as well. I checked the driveshaft and there were no loose or broken bolts. The axles look good as well. Im starting to think it could be the exhaust.
Stainless Power Headers w/cats
Fluidampr 25% UDP
Cold Air Inductions Intake
Bo White Ported Throttle Body
ADM Trans Cooler
Some BMR Goodies
jergarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:12 AM   #6
BandRcAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I had a similar issue, honestly just kept driving it and it went away in around 1k miles or so by itself
Old 06-06-2018, 11:30 AM   #7
mickss

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS-M6 67 Chevelle Wgn
Good luck with trying to isolate a vibration, there`s so many rotating and moving parts of a car that you`ll probably go broke replacing suspected parts or insane before you find the problem.
mickss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 12:01 PM   #8
farm rat

Drives: 2011 Vistory Red 1LS
Kind of a stupid idea maybe, but could you maybe have a loose exhaust piece?

2011 1LS M6 Victory Red

Sold
1967 Coupe Green and White
1969 SS 396 Hugger Orange
1969 Z/28 All original White with deluxe interior
1970 RS Blue
1978 Coupe Fugly Green
1978 WS-6 Trans-Am Factory 4 speed
1985 IROC-Z Red
farm rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 02:13 PM   #9
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm rat View Post
Kind of a stupid idea maybe, but could you maybe have a loose exhaust piece?
Or lug nut(s)?
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 12:07 PM   #10
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
the usual Idea is the slop in bad u joints...… It happens under load being more key to it. Good Luck. I don't know what you have done to stiffen the rear or what I use poly bushings LPW cover, BMR////
Old 06-07-2018, 12:13 PM   #11
UBB

Drives: 2018 ZL1
are they good vibrations and are they giving you excitations? :P
UBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 05:39 PM   #12
CALLAWAY11

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Callaway
Well, we found the vibration. It was my axles. We put on my old OEM axles just to eliminate an option on what it could be and that was it. I thought the vibration was happening at higher speeds but after we changed the axles the car drives so smoooth now. It blows my mind that i went thru two sets of aftermarket axles and both failed from two different companies. The good news is the Gforce axles have a life time warranty and they will get fixed. I’m going to leave the stock ones in until they break and have the Gforce as a backup. Thanks for all the help and recommendations.
2011 Callaway SC572 2SS/RS, TVS 2300 Supercharger, 1-7/8" Kooks LT Headers, Fast 85# injectors, E85 Flex Fuel Conversion, Fore Twin Fuel Pumps, MGW flat stick short throw shifter, McLeod RXT twin disc clutch, Liberty Gears Tremec trans, DSS 1000 hp axles, Nitto NT555r drag radials, 10#'s of boost, 702 rwhp/ 697 torque, Recaro seat upgrade
CALLAWAY11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 08:29 PM   #13
RJT Impala
Stovebolt BluFlame 6

Drives: '12 2LT/RS, IBM; '20 Traverse Prem
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALLAWAY11 View Post
Well, we found the vibration. It was my axles. We put on my old OEM axles just to eliminate an option on what it could be and that was it. I thought the vibration was happening at higher speeds but after we changed the axles the car drives so smoooth now. It blows my mind that i went thru two sets of aftermarket axles and both failed from two different companies. The good news is the Gforce axles have a life time warranty and they will get fixed. I’m going to leave the stock ones in until they break and have the Gforce as a backup. Thanks for all the help and recommendations.
Safe to interpret this as they are going back for corrective action and/or replacement? Lifetime warranty and all....
RJT Impala is offline   Reply With Quote