Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 05-07-2018, 02:40 PM   #15
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul84043 View Post
If you can swing it, get a set of winter and summer tires. I have a separate set on standard SS wheels for winter.
All season tires don't do anything particularly well.
I had Nitto Motivos on my last Camaro and they were decent. they would start to break loose noticeably sooner than the P Zeroes but I would buy them again.
Thanks for the input. Last snow we had here that stuck to the road (only for half a day) was about 10 years ago. One set will do me, but I don't like the summer tires (P-Zeros) when the temps get below 40-45. I think I'll go with the Motivos.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:31 AM   #16
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I actually have an appointment for tomorrow to get a set of these put on. Not too concerned with how they perform as I'm looking out for an upgrade from my SS but I think they should be good from all I've heard and from past experience with Nitto products. They've always been a solid brand.
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:07 PM   #17
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1chris View Post
I actually have an appointment for tomorrow to get a set of these put on. Not too concerned with how they perform as I'm looking out for an upgrade from my SS but I think they should be good from all I've heard and from past experience with Nitto products. They've always been a solid brand.
Yup. Don't think I can go wrong with Motivos.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 05-11-2018, 03:09 PM   #18
zr1chris

Just a follow up. Got the Motivos put on this morning. Went for a quick blast and I can say it's a huge change from the Pirellis. The car feels much smoother. Definitely more of a comfort ride. Might be just a tad less grip but I'll give them a chance to break in before really judging that. I love the look of them. Tread pattern could look better but the sidewall is really really nice. Overall I'm pretty happy for the price.

Haha. Just noticed your post as I was typing this.

Update: Just took the car out for a longer drive. These tires are awesome! Great cornering grip!

Last edited by zr1chris; 05-12-2018 at 06:06 AM.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:31 PM   #19
PalmerGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1chris View Post
Just a follow up. Got the Motivos put on this morning. Went for a quick blast and I can say it's a huge change from the Pirellis. The car feels much smoother. Definitely more of a comfort ride. Might be just a tad less grip but I'll give them a chance to break in before really judging that. I love the look of them. Tread pattern could look better but the sidewall is really really nice. Overall I'm pretty happy for the price.

Haha. Just noticed your post as I was typing this.

Update: Just took the car out for a longer drive. These tires are awesome! Great cornering grip!
Nice. I'm sold. Making an appointment for next week. Thanks.
Old 05-31-2018, 08:35 AM   #20
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
I have the Nitto Motivos all the way around and they are All Season tires and very good in the rain too. I don't push them hard on the road. I just went on a 5 hour trip and they were very smooth and quiet compared to the Pirellis. I like the 60k warranty as well. I have another set of wheels and tires for the drag strip when I need to hookup. Discount Tire is a good place to get them and they won't screw up your rims like most tire shops.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 07:51 AM   #21
dentnshell

Drives: Black 2014 2SS
Running Motivos all the way around 245 and 275. For a while I ran P-Zeros in the rear during the summer ( 305 ) P-Zero's were noisy the 305 was a little wide for my 10" wheel. Motivos are wearing well, They do very well in the rain. I am looking at DSW's for my next set. Considering purchasing rear wheels to be able to swap easily to a summer tire in the rear, while running all seasons in front. I would like to find something that will allow a better hookup. Motivos just can't hold the the torque. I would like to be able to use the right peddle more aggressively! At stock power they are a great tire.
Mods: LSA Conversion 2.5" Upper Pulley, 65# injectors, GPI SS1 Cam, SP Long Tubes, ADM Race Scoop & CAI, NPP exhaust (DIY control), BMR 1" lowering springs, ZL1 Rear Differential / Axles, CF Side Strip / Hood Spear, Tint - Windows / Tails / Sidemarkers, Splash Guards, ADM Boost Gauge, ABL Dashkit, '68 Script Badges, ACS T4 Splitter, ZL1 Rockers from Gary's, Z28 Spoiler, Carbon Fiber Hood Vent, Summer - MRR FS01 Satin Black (10" Front 11" Rear) Winter, pictured-Drag DR 64's Satin Black (9" Front-10" Rear.)
dentnshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:22 PM   #22
PalmerGA

UPDATE:

Well it took a while, but I decided on the Motivos and had them put on this morning. Drove close to 100 miles on nice back roads and some highway... they ride SOOOO much better than the P-Zeros. Softer ride, quieter than even NEW P-Zeros (mine were pretty noisy after almost 38K miles). So far very happy. Thanks to all for the input - you guys are great!
Old 06-09-2018, 11:25 AM   #23
zr1chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
UPDATE:

Well it took a while, but I decided on the Motivos and had them put on this morning. Drove close to 100 miles on nice back roads and some highway... they ride SOOOO much better than the P-Zeros. Softer ride, quieter than even NEW P-Zeros (mine were pretty noisy after almost 38K miles). So far very happy. Thanks to all for the input - you guys are great!

Glad you are happy with them! They are definitely better than the P-Zeros.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:21 PM   #24
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
I've had the Motivos on my car for over 3 years now. They are a good daily driver tire but I wouldn't recommend for any performance driving. They ride smoother but I noticed the car doesn't handle as well as the Pirellis. It's obvious the sidewall flexes more on the Motivos. Also, the Motivos tend to lose traction more during WOT (with minor mods). When my Motivos are done, I'll probably look for a different tire.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 03:22 PM   #25
zr1chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
I've had the Motivos on my car for over 3 years now. They are a good daily driver tire but I wouldn't recommend for any performance driving. They ride smoother but I noticed the car doesn't handle as well as the Pirellis. It's obvious the sidewall flexes more on the Motivos. Also, the Motivos tend to lose traction more during WOT (with minor mods). When my Motivos are done, I'll probably look for a different tire.
I actually find the Motivos to handle better but my Pirellis were dry rotted and had gotten deformed somehow so I'm sure that contributed to the Pirellis sucking.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:29 AM   #26
PalmerGA

I've had my Motivos for almost a month now and am VERY happy with them. So much quieter and smoother than the Pirellis. Thanks to all for your input - I feel I made the best decision for my driving needs.