Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest

Old 01-10-2011, 02:51 PM   #3459
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Looky what is on the Colorado Thread
Attached Images

418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:59 PM   #3460
NickJ

Drives: 11 SS/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Ha! You can get these at garage sales for a quarter or so. My oldest daughter likes to take them to the shooting range.
NickJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #3461
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
With snow tires on and not driving like a dick the ss does fine.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:35 PM   #3462
pumpkinrancho
COMPULSIVE CAMARO OWNER

Drives: 18 ZLE,14 2ssrs,96,73 RS LT,69&67
Uggh Troll in a pink dress...
Old 01-10-2011, 08:11 PM   #3463
2010 SS RS

Yeah...I used to have one with orange hair. I think I shot it with a pellet gun when I was a kid...lol
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 01-10-2011, 11:16 PM   #3464
Combatvet
Colorado Springs

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS White/IOM
New Member Colorado Springs, CO

Hey All,
Picked up my 2011 2SS just before Thanksgiving. Hope we can get some local things going when this weather clears

Robert
Combatvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:29 PM   #3465
Hulk

Drives: 2011 Synenergy Green 2SS/RS
New Pueblo, Co member here

I picked up our 2011 2SS/RS automatic synenergy green Monday before Christmas.
Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 06:45 AM   #3466
2010 SS RS

Hello New guys and visitors. Just for information we also have a facebook page. Camaro Club of the Rockies. A lot more is listed there regarding activities. Plus absolutely no trolling! So it is safe to play over there.

We had em out Saturday for a little play..Man are pzero's slick below 30 degrees..lol

Anyway welcome and hope to see everyone soon. Larry
Old 01-11-2011, 07:16 AM   #3467
WYcamaro

Drives: in reverse
Quote:
We had em out Saturday for a little play..Man are pzero's slick below 30 degrees..lol
You just didn't warm them up right as was demonstrated...
WYcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:26 AM   #3468
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
Yeah 700hp and summer tires don't = good traction!
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 08:34 AM   #3469
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Larry, your Barbies are better looking.....
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:57 AM   #3470
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Do you or do you plan on having any other power adders? Cai? headers? future cam? high flow cats or delete? custom tune? If the answer is no then you can put a SC on and use stock tune and purchase extended warranty to cover any damage. If you are like the rest of the world and want some other power adders or performace improvements then I say start with fuel delivery. This is the blood of the vehicle. Without sufficient fuel major damage can and will happen at some point. BAP systems are good to a point. However, the concept is simple..Throw more voltage at the stock pump. One of three things can happen. Pump failure, BAP failure or a blown fuse. Any of those happen and internal damage will happen. Ask Garth about BAP failure. If he was on stock internals he would have had catistrophic internal damage... LPE or ADM dual fuel pumps are good up to about 750 rwhp. cost is around a grand. Labor is about a half day. Both systems replace the fuel control module and require rewiring. That should be the first mod done before any SC period..imo of course. Then the decision between centrifical or roots. Do you want power and torque right off of idle? If you do then Roots is the way to go. If all your driving is 4000 rpm up then centrifical is a good option. Check out dyno results to compare power bands. Stock ls3 has a 3 ply head gasket. ls9 which is a ls3 with SC uses a 7 ply head gasket. ARB head bolts certified are also a much needed improvement. The stock ls3 timing chain and tensioner is clearly an issue that should be addressed. ls9 it has already been addressed. When you have all that off to do the chain you might as well cam it and do springs so you dont float anything. Push rods and retaining clips also. Now you can do all of that and you still have a stock bottom end. Cast aluminum pistons and non steel rings, powder forged connecting rods I Beam to boot. The Crank is the only part certified to higher HP. Upgrade to Forged pistons, steel rings, Hbeam connecting rods and racing bearings and then your worries all go away.

Ok cut to the chase....If I was to do it all over again.
I would start with fuel.
Do timing chain and top end.
Do internals and headers.
Do Clutch at the same time as internals
Do supercharger.

If you go backward you will end up with some mind blowing issue at some point and will be in a position of having to do something rather than wanting to do something. And the frustration at that point can drive you crazy.

Listen to the guys that are not trying to sell you a part...but rather the ones that are selling you a process toward your ultimate goal.

And do you really believe "no failures" that is bullshit and I totally challange that carefully worded statement.
Missed all the Hoopla - but have to agree. If you're going for big power, go with forged internals. I would have been a gonner if I wasn't forged after non-obvious BAP failure that Clint at A.I.R. helped LPE diagnose (thanks Clint). You always hear "if you hear knock, let off right away" - problem is with loud modified engines, you can't hear or feel it anyway! (LPE would have warrantied though - but thats why 650 packages include forged internals). Twin fuel pumps is definitely the best alternative. I kept the replacement BAP inline also since already installed, but lowered to 14.65 VDC with diode after Lingenfelter said Twins shouldn't be boosted past 14.8 VDC. The fuel pressure control module regulates voltage back down when not needed, so just "insurance" without overdriving the pumps. Thanks to Ted and Larry for checking out the fuel problems vs twin fuel pumps and Brian at Laramie GM for doing a great install. They both were determined to get their engines dependable the 2nd time. However, tons of people had been saying stock internals were fine and I was hoping that held true, but didn't quite believe 600+ power wasn't treading on failure.

Better clutch becomes a no brainer with the supercharger if engine is removed.

If your looking for big upgrades you just have to decide if a warranty if for you, at what costs, and to what extent the warranty holds. I toyed around with Callaway, Hennessy, ZL575, Lingenfelter, RMCR for builds versus warranty and future value. Also I valued companys I could speak to and get calls returned from - tells you alot about customer service. Literally changed my mind 4 times after doing homework on what could be changed or done without voiding a warranty. Believe it or not - 2 of those well known names had great warrantys that would be totally voided if heavy duty CV shafts were installed instead of the ones that WOULD break that they would still warranty! LPE actually encourages customers to take the cars to the track. They just draw the line "verbally" that racing is hardcore and professionals and have a history of backing the warranty when things have gone wrong. Do the homework and you'll find who really stands behind thier work. Hats off to RMCR for offering a warranty on a stroked engine - I would just be sure to understand the warranty guidelines and any history with warrantys. Any engine builder will have failures - it's how they deal with them that counts.

This needs to be said and put to rest (since it's being "danced" around) - Ted's RMCR Eforce supercharged Camaro did blow up on OEM internals. The rest is between Ted and RMCR to discuss, but best off C5. It wasn't ever under warranty and totally sucks that it happened. Lingenfelter, Jannetty, and others even had issues with some of thier earlier ones - difference is LPE stood behind there customers because they paid more to have a warranty they could live with. Other companys warranty items under certain conditions - just decide what You want and be happy with your decision.

"Commit and Conquer" - enough info for ya? LOL Welcome to the club!

Hope I didn't offend anyone here - we've got a great group of people here and all the constructive input is appreciated.
..... Larry - What color are you painting your Soapbox? I was thinking Inferno Orange for mine
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood

Last edited by Blue70SS; 01-11-2011 at 03:22 PM.
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 11:13 AM   #3471
ud_lose

Drives: '04 Ford F250 6.0L/'69 vette LS6
Did someone say paint? I know a good paint shop.
Name:  new paint.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  170.9 KB
Old 01-11-2011, 01:47 PM   #3472
2010 SS RS

Randy...front looks good! I think I will paint mine Imperial Blue Metallic and use the ghost stripes on the sides...lol Good write up Garth.

Tags
2012 callaway, 45th anniversary, colorado camaro