Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-03-2015, 07:32 PM   #1
tx15

Drives: Camaro duh...
g-force axle issue???

Okay guys, I recently got my car finished up full bmr suspension, auburn carrier, 3.91's and g-force 1000hp axles. Well I was cleaning the car today and both back wheels are covered in grease. Pulled them off and both inner and outer boot and outer shafts are leaking. Bolts that hold the axles to the shafts are loose. Might I add there is less than 500 miles on this whole set up. Am I supposed to re torque the bolts or something? I figured if there was something that critical they would have informed me of it. They also seem extremely floppy and alot of play in them. I've heard from a few people they are really loose axles just want to clear it up.

Thanks in advance...
Old 05-05-2015, 03:12 PM   #2
copoz28

Drives: 2010 2SS-RS, IOM, M6
If these are new axles i would reach out to Gforce directly on the issue and your questions. They are great to deal with.
copoz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 05:55 PM   #3
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Agreed with previous two posts... Contact Chris directly and he will help you out with upfront firsthand information.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 06:47 PM   #4
swiftkart

Drives: 2010 SS/RS LS3 M6
They are suppose to move in and out or floppy as you call it around a 1" or so, it's an IRS rear and needs the play due the angle the axles see. Sounds like you didn't torque the bolts properly, no lock tight on mine and the bolts are tight, now as for the grease may be a bad seal which I'm sure the vendor will help you with.
swiftkart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:24 PM   #5
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx15 View Post
Okay guys, I recently got my car finished up full bmr suspension, auburn carrier, 3.91's and g-force 1000hp axles. Well I was cleaning the car today and both back wheels are covered in grease. Pulled them off and both inner and outer boot and outer shafts are leaking. Bolts that hold the axles to the shafts are loose. Might I add there is less than 500 miles on this whole set up. Am I supposed to re torque the bolts or something? I figured if there was something that critical they would have informed me of it. They also seem extremely floppy and alot of play in them. I've heard from a few people they are really loose axles just want to clear it up.

Thanks in advance...
I believe that was you we were emailing with today, you got them through Summit Racing right?
Send them in and we will get them fixed and right back out to you.
Sorry about the problem.

Thanks
Chris
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:30 PM   #6
tx15

Didn't realize all yall replied. I had the Chevrolet house install every thing so that there would be no warranty issues. I'm not talking about the hub bolt I'm talking about all the Allen head bolts that hold the axles together. 5 of the 6 were finger tight. They were completely assembled so why should I go through and torque bolts. Thanks Chris, I'm not on here to bash g-force I was simply asking if anyone else has had this problem. Yes chris the ones I ordered through summit. Let me know what I need to do to get this figured out.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:34 PM   #7
GFORCE1320

Quote:
Didn't realize all yall replied. I had the Chevrolet house install every thing so that there would be no warranty issues. I'm not talking about the hub bolt I'm talking about all the Allen head bolts that hold the axles together. 5 of the 6 were finger tight. They were completely assembled so why should I go through and torque bolts. Thanks Chris, I'm not on here to bash g-force I was simply asking if anyone else has had this problem. Yes chris the ones I ordered through summit. Let me know what I need to do to get this figured out.
I believe we sent you a shipping label today with an RMA invoice to send them in. We will take a look at them and correct what ever might be wrong.
Not sure why the bolts would be loose, we torque them here before they ship.
Old 05-06-2015, 08:39 PM   #8
tx15

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
I believe we sent you a shipping label today with an RMA invoice to send them in. We will take a look at them and correct what ever might be wrong.
Not sure why the bolts would be loose, we torque them here before they ship.
That's why I'm even asking. These guys taking about I didn't torque the bolts. Why would I was my point? That would be like, hey take them completely apart when you get them and put your own grease in them. They are assembled already why would I torque then. Thanks Chris either way. The only reason I even ordered these axles is I've heard nothing but good stuff about yall
Old 05-06-2015, 08:46 PM   #9
GFORCE1320

Quote:
That's why I'm even asking. These guys taking about I didn't torque the bolts. Why would I was my point? That would be like, hey take them completely apart when you get them and put your own grease in them. They are assembled already why would I torque then. Thanks Chris either way. The only reason I even ordered these axles is I've heard nothing but good stuff about yall
We will take care of you. Thanks for choosing Gforce
Old 05-08-2015, 09:58 AM   #10
halo8hkk

Drives: 2000 Z28. 2010 1SS IMB.
most of the time you have to put the hubs in then attach the axles. im assuming that is what they did, it makes the install much easier. if you dealer read the instructions it would have specified, after installing they need to properly torqued.

2010 1SS/RS = Mysstique
Whipple Supercharger
Dyno= 618hp 555tq at the wheels
IMB Silver Stripes
VIN#44025
Born: 9/9/09 Delivered: 9/28/09
halo8hkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 10:48 AM   #11
GFORCE1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by halo8hkk View Post
most of the time you have to put the hubs in then attach the axles. im assuming that is what they did, it makes the install much easier. if you dealer read the instructions it would have specified, after installing they need to properly torqued.
We ship ours fully torqued. It does make it easier if you don't have to pull the control arms apart but sending axles out that require the installer to properly install and torque bolts has been a problem in the past.
We must have missed this set with the torque wrench.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:25 PM   #12
10aSSee D

Drives: Silver 2010 SS Camaro
Gforce has great stuff, I love my 9 inch!!

ADM built 417, 2.9L Whipple with 3.250 pulley, ADM ported and polished LSA heads,ADM stage3 cam,ADM LSA belt drive system,ADM CAI race scoop, ADM dual fuel pumps, ID 850's, BMR full suspension, Gforce 9 inch kit with 3.5 inch driveshaft, Street Slayer twin carbon clutch, Lingenfelter oil seperator. Tuned by built by ADM Performance, 763rwhp,705rwtq
10aSSee D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 12:10 AM   #13
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
I got a set of 100hp axles also and had the same problem. I probably had a 500-700 miles on mine also. They threw all of the grease out of them. And all of the blots were finger tight. They said they torque them all. Well they must of forgot to do mine. I called them up and I shipped mine off yesterday to get fixed. When I pulled it out it feels like it took out both cvs. There is a lot of slack in it. The they that really sucks is this is my daily driver. I don't have another car to drive. I shipped them yesterday with the shipping label they sent me. And it is going to take four working days to get to them. When I bought them I had them over nighter because I coul go without the car. The first set I got the right side axle wasn't even the right size. So I had to buy another set and have it over nighter so I could get the car back going for a road trip. But they still didn't get there in time. So I had to run one stock axle and one new one. Now the bolts come loose. I can't believe I pay 1200 and I still have problems. I buy nice stuff so I d have to worry about not having a car to drive. Now I am paying a guy $50 a day because my car is on his rack. And I don't have a car to drive to take my kids to school or to go to work. This is when I really wish I didn't live 15 miles out of town. I really hope this gets done fast. It is going to cost me a ton just to pay to have it on the rack. Oh plus the rental car. I have two friends with Camaro's that ready to buy axles and I don't know what to tell them.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:14 AM   #14
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
We did not pull mine apart to install. I guess I should've checked there work. I really thought with it failing so soon. They should've sent me a new one and then I would send the bad one back. But no now I am without a car.