Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-01-2015, 06:45 PM   #1
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Ugh! I Can See the Muffler Packing in the Driver Side Tailpipe NPP Exhaust

Hey all.

I did some searches and found some threads about this. The driver side tailpipe of the dual mode exhaust, if I look into the inner pipe with a flashlight, I can see muffler packing right at the turn of the pipe!!

Now I can probably get this whole thing replaced by warranty (which I will will bring in AFTER the winter season LOL) but in reality is this any big deal? I don't notice any sound changes, and no driving feel difference. Not sure how badly I want to go about submitting it for warranty work if it's no big deal.

Other threads have pictures:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290596
NOTE: mine is not coming out, a few strands are visible at the bend inside the pipe

Another thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=325611

Thoughts?
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2015, 10:27 PM   #2
Camaro Dude

Drives: ‘13 1LE
This will be covered by your dealer no questions asked.

Try and remember to document if there was a change in sound, going from older to newer NPP muffler. I'm very curious in your case, since it's only hanging out a bit.
Camaro Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 07:32 AM   #3
avido

Drives: camaro ss\rs
the metal wool is used to get an attenuation on the sound... if you lose a little bit of it you don't see any variation on it..and of course any variation in drivability..
nevertheless you paid for a good product and i think it's good to ask customer support for a change.
avido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 01:09 PM   #4
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by avido View Post
the metal wool is used to get an attenuation on the sound... if you lose a little bit of it you don't see any variation on it..and of course any variation in drivability..
nevertheless you paid for a good product and i think it's good to ask customer support for a change.
To be honest, I asked him because one other dude had a similar issue, albeit his had a few more strands hanging out of the pipe, but when he finally had his replaced with a new unit, he was purportedly blown away by the difference in sound!
Old 01-02-2015, 09:40 PM   #5
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
To be honest, I asked him because one other dude had a similar issue, albeit his had a few more strands hanging out of the pipe, but when he finally had his replaced with a new unit, he was purportedly blown away by the difference in sound!
Unless mine were screwed at mile 3 when I got the car, she sounds the same right now as then.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Old 01-02-2015, 09:56 PM   #6
Camaro Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
Unless mine were screwed at mile 3 when I got the car, she sounds the same right now as then.
Do not underestimate the human ears susceptibility to sonic adaptation.

The word "surprise" surprise would not exist in every different language dictionary in the world, if we were not prone, immune, etc to stuff, and foresaw things ahead of time grasshopper.

Unless of course, you are with the Dark Side?
Old 01-02-2015, 10:02 PM   #7
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Do not underestimate the human ears susceptibility to sonic adaptation.

The word "surprise" surprise would not exist in every different language dictionary in the world, if we were not prone, immune, etc to stuff, and foresaw things ahead of time grasshopper.

Unless of course, you are with the Dark Side?
I find your lack of faith disturbing.......

True, it's possible a subtle shift over time sounds "the same" to me and if I get them changed I may find that it's very different. Going to wait until early spring, allow the mufflers to go through a winter then change them

Old 01-02-2015, 10:19 PM   #8
Camaro Dude

Oh I believe all right....

The irony is, both sides of the fence, the Dark and the Light believe in the existence of each other..

It is most humans who do_not_believe. Such is the Irony.

Cheers to all
Old 01-02-2015, 10:28 PM   #9
Muscle Car Lover

Quote:
Oh I believe all right....

The irony is, both sides of the fence, the Dark and the Light believe in the existence of each other..

It is most humans who do_not_believe. Such is the Irony.

Cheers to all
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

Old 10-26-2015, 11:56 AM   #10
domano 68

Drives: 2014 1LE
Anyone have a cutaway picture of the NPP exhaust muffler? I'd like to see how things work in there. TIA!