Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-13-2016, 07:09 PM   #1
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Help did I screw up my car replacing a radio

I am not am not positive where this belongs. Please move if wrong.
Ok here the story on my missed up install. Last Wednesday I replaced My Kenwood with a Pioneer unit. I went to start the car after connecting every thing and it would not start. I guess keeping the doors open drained the battery. I charged the battery up. I went out and started the car but the radio and Scoshe kit did not turn on. I had a similar problem with scoshe unit and was bad and scoshe replaced it. I go buy another scoshe kit and got it yesterday. I followed the directions to a T. This mourning I went and routed the wires. I tried the using the old scosche unit and it worked perfectly. The fans, heat and cold, heated seats worked ok.
I then go and connect the radio and the scoshe unit but nether the radio or scosche unit turns on. I then disconnect the old scosche unit get the new unit. I wait 10 minutes the plug in the scosche unit back in but just as soon as plug the unit in it turns on with key out. About a second later the screen goes blank.
This may be the problem I for got that I have the the console 12 to turn off an hour after the car shuts off so it can charge my cell. I drive my about every 3 or 4 days and a short distant and it was not enough to charge the cell phone. I open up the fuse panel and disconnect the add a fuse to turn off the delay so I can try waiting 10 minutes again.
This the problem when I turned off the ignition a reading come up reading service airbags. Now the ignition is off but I can not remove the key or take it out of park with car started. The rings in the Instrument panel are staying on. I had to disconnect the battery so I would ot completely drain the battery. What I can I do to get this fixed?
I have installed about 8 radios and a couple auto alarms and remote starts in my years. I did not have this problem 3 or 4 years ago when the first scosche unit came out.
I hope every one can read this and under stand it. I know the grammar police will be on my case.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:14 PM   #2
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
That police force are on a leave , long weekend you know , and the ones that are in , most likely are at the local donut shop !
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 07:27 PM   #3
xnuyokr

Drives: 2012 1LT Drop Top
I'll state the obvious.....There's a problem with your wiring/install so you need to back out of it and start over. At the least go wire by wire and confirm every connection.
Old 02-13-2016, 07:30 PM   #4
Caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnuyokr View Post
I'll state the obvious.....There's a problem with your wiring/install so you need to back out of it and start over. At the least go wire by wire and confirm every connection.
I have done that all ready.I even tried with the radio out.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:56 PM   #5
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
Check your fuses next. You may have loosened one that needs to be seated. It almost sounds like the BCM got shorted.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 12:34 AM   #6
spadz93
BUMBL Z

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Maybe try a firmware flash on the scosche unit? PM me your email and I'll forward you the firmware files along with instructions on how to flash, it might help you
Current: 2015 ZL1 M6, Rotofab Intake, LS3 throttle body, 2.55 Upper/9.17 Lower w/ Idler Relocation, DMS Reinforced Brick, ID1050X, 1 7/8" Headers, ProSpeed HX/Reservoir, DSX Aux Pump/Flex Fuel Sensor, E85, McLeod RXT, BMR 1" Drop, Tuned by Pat G
Past: 2010 2SS, some bolt ons, 415rwhp/400rwtq

spadz93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:26 AM   #7
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
I highly doubt a firmware update will fix much at all, from what I can see your issues is just difficult because you need to rule out the culprit, if your battery is dying i'm assuming your remote battery is hooked up to a hot 12v source not a switched, try and change your remote wire to your cigarette adapter (it's off when the car is and works perfectly)

as far as the service airbag issue, what i'd recommend doing is making sure the radio unit has power and is currently plugged in, the go in the trunk and disconnect the negative terminal on the battery to reset everything and see if it fixes itself, you'll have to leave it unconnected for around 10-15 minutes.

Best of luck to you.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:19 AM   #8
Caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
I highly doubt a firmware update will fix much at all, from what I can see your issues is just difficult because you need to rule out the culprit, if your battery is dying i'm assuming your remote battery is hooked up to a hot 12v source not a switched, try and change your remote wire to your cigarette adapter (it's off when the car is and works perfectly)

as far as the service airbag issue, what i'd recommend doing is making sure the radio unit has power and is currently plugged in, the go in the trunk and disconnect the negative terminal on the battery to reset everything and see if it fixes itself, you'll have to leave it unconnected for around 10-15 minutes.

Best of luck to you.
I'll try ant thing before I have it towed to the dealership.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:10 PM   #9
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
1. Download the firmware, remove the files from the folder, and place the 2 files on an empty flash drive.

2. Turn the vehicle off.

3. Disconnect the 8 pin connector from the back of our UAC kit.

4. Plug the flash drive into the USB port.

5. Turn the car to the “On” position.

6. Press and hold the fan + and the power button (top left and bottom left buttons) on the UAC kit.

7. While pressing and holding the two buttons on the kit, plug the 8 pin connector back into the kit.

Do this but ignore the USB option to hard reset the kit, when you unplug the battery, make sure everything is normal, in park fuses in etc.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:18 PM   #10
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
I don't think the dealership is going to get involved with an aftermarket radio and added fuses/circuits.....nothing but down side for them....as soon as they work on it they're on the hook. They might put it back to stock for you.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:19 PM   #11
Caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockoutpie View Post
1. Download the firmware, remove the files from the folder, and place the 2 files on an empty flash drive.

2. Turn the vehicle off.

3. Disconnect the 8 pin connector from the back of our UAC kit.

4. Plug the flash drive into the USB port.

5. Turn the car to the “On” position.

6. Press and hold the fan + and the power button (top left and bottom left buttons) on the UAC kit.

7. While pressing and holding the two buttons on the kit, plug the 8 pin connector back into the kit.

Do this but ignore the USB option to hard reset the kit, when you unplug the battery, make sure everything is normal, in park fuses in etc.
Another sent me the firmware and instructions. I tried this mourning but know if it took because the does not turn on. I did get the key out and the instrument panel halos off.
Old 02-14-2016, 02:24 PM   #12
Caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
I don't think the dealership is going to get involved with an aftermarket radio and added fuses/circuits.....nothing but down side for them....as soon as they work on it they're on the hook. They might put it back to stock for you.
I would be taking it the dealer for that. I would be taking to get the key to completely off so I could take the key. I also could not get it out of park. I got it fixed now.