Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-19-2011, 08:54 PM   #211
shinzon
Night Fury

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Nice Car , one of the best Kermits i have seen. Your Car has GREAT STYLE and is a show winner....

BUT........

Your Car WOULD be TRULY WORLD CLASS if.... wait.......wait for it......

TURBO KIT

Seriously, Nothing would come close then. You owe it to the CAR !

FWIW the RS debate was soooo 7th grade, I Like Angry Girls from Texas, Awesome, keep it up.

http://ststurbo.com/2010_2011_v6_camaro

2014 Black ZL1 - Toothless -
Previous Lovers :2014 1LE , 2010 2SS RS,2004 GTO, 2000 Camaro SS x 2
shinzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2011, 10:31 PM   #212
Envy
Bully Proof

Drives: C5 COTW 1/31/2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinzon View Post
Nice Car , one of the best Kermits i have seen. Your Car has GREAT STYLE and is a show winner....

BUT........

Your Car WOULD be TRULY WORLD CLASS if.... wait.......wait for it......

TURBO KIT

Seriously, Nothing would come close then. You owe it to the CAR !

FWIW the RS debate was soooo 7th grade, I Like Angry Girls from Texas, Awesome, keep it up.

http://ststurbo.com/2010_2011_v6_camaro
This is a subject that I have given a lot of thought too. My dealership has been very on board with all the mods I have done to my car and they have even suggested FI. They assured me that if I go with a turbo...I will have no warranty issues because it is a bolt-on.

We have also discussed the SC route to the extent that my dealership researched and found a local mod shop that was willing to install a SC on my V6 and warranty it for three years. My dealership said that if I used that mod shop to install a SC...they would still honor my full extended warranty.

But the biggest problem to me is that I don't want to experiment with my car. It seems like a lot of money to pay to have my engine blown. There hasn't been enough success in this area with the V6 for me to feel comfortable taking the plunge yet. I've only heard of two other V6ers that have even tried to install a turbo...and last time I checked...the project budget had doubled and neither one had been completed yet. So that makes me nervous.

A lot of horsepower can be fun...I know...I have a GT-500 with 718rwhp...but it can also be very dangerous. I bought the Camaro because it handles so much better and makes me feel super safe. But add on another 100-150 hp and I'm not so sure that would still be the case.

Last edited by Envy; 02-24-2011 at 11:18 PM.
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 07:06 PM   #213
inrandy
Randy

Drives: 2016 2SS Red Hot A8 Magride
Your car is awsome looking. I did a search for ground affects and here i am. I am looking into ground affects. I have not read all pages here but I want the side, rear panels, and the door panels. I am on a slow sat. connection so I am asking for info?
Randy
Old 02-24-2011, 07:14 PM   #214
1FAST SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Great looking car. How did the show go?

CAI Cold Air Induction, ADM Race Scoop, Apex Washer Bottle Kit, Vengeance Racing Kaotic Cam, DOD/VVT delete and LS3 conversion, American Racing LT Headers, American Racing Headers Off Road pipes, Borla S-Type Catback, FTI Billet Triple Disk 3600 rpm Torque Converter, DSS Aluminium Drive Shaft, AAC Plasma DRL's, Showstopper LED Sidemarkers,Carbon FIber Bow Ties, 35% Window Tint, Llyod's Floor Mats, JBL MS-8 Sound Processor, 2 Alpine PDX-1.600, Alpine PDX-4.100, JL Audio C5-650, JL Audio C5-650x, Alpine T10 Type R Shallow Mount, Stinger Dry Cell Battery
1FAST SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:44 PM   #215
Envy
Bully Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyroar View Post
Great looking car. How did the show go?
Thank you for asking. Envy was Outstanding in the Contemporary Hardtop division which amounted to 2nd place...so not as good as the last two shows...but this was by far the stiffest competition she had seen.

Last edited by Envy; 02-24-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:54 PM   #216
Envy
Bully Proof

V6 Exhaust Cut-Out Information

I finally have the exhaust cut-out information that so many people have asked for. My cut-outs came in a kit from Race Ready Performance in Boyd Texas. They do have a web site.

They make the kit in house and it comes complete with the switch for $419.99. Y-pipes and tips will have to purchased in addition to the kit...which they make also. I have the 2 1/2" Dual Exhaust Cut-Out Kit #EC250D.

Last edited by Envy; 02-24-2011 at 11:16 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 11:08 PM   #217
Envy
Bully Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by inrandy View Post
Your car is awsome looking. I did a search for ground affects and here i am. I am looking into ground affects. I have not read all pages here but I want the side, rear panels, and the door panels. I am on a slow sat. connection so I am asking for info?
Randy
I have the GM Ground Effects but I did not install the front spoiler because I did not care for it...especially once the car was lowered. I did purchase the street scenes GFX first but I didn't care for the quality so I returned them and went with the GM ones. I think they compliment the original lines of the 5th Gen Camaro the best. The cheapest place to get the GM GFX is from one of our site sponsors http://gmpartsdirect.com/

Thank you for the compliment and let me welcome you to camaro5.com. Congratulations on your new SGM...I like your style!

There's a few more pictures on this link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=18

Last edited by Envy; 02-25-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #218
orange-prince
QATAR 2022

Drives: black cts-V coupe a6
hey beautiful
orange-prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:35 AM   #219
Envy
Bully Proof

Here's one more photo that was done for me at the Dallas Autorama. I thought it was pretty

Old 02-27-2011, 10:25 PM   #220
shinzon
Night Fury

Drives: 2014 ZL1
good point, however being one of three sixes with FI adds to your exclusivity. But don't kill yourself over it. What is it like to have soo many kool ass kool cars ? I find the best relationship I have with a car is when it is the only one I have. Additionally for the amount of coin in your camaro, what drew you to that platform rather than a m3 or a s4. 99% of girly girls would go with the lux. Not that you owe an explation , the qustion just populated my empty head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envy View Post
This is a subject that I have given a lot of thought too. My dealership has been very on board with all the mods I have done to my car and they have even suggested FI. They assured me that if I go with a turbo...I will have no warranty issues because it is a bolt-on.

We have also discussed the SC route to the extent that my dealership researched and found a local mod shop that was willing to install a SC on my V6 and warranty it for three years. My dealership said that if I used that mod shop to install a SC...they would still honor my full extended warranty.

But the biggest problem to me is that I don't want to experiment with my car. It seems like a lot of money to pay to have my engine blown. There hasn't been enough success in this area with the V6 for me to feel comfortable taking the plunge yet. I've only heard of two other V6ers that have even tried to install a turbo...and last time I checked...the project budget had doubled and neither one had been completed yet. So that makes me nervous.

A lot of horsepower can be fun...I know...I have a GT-500 with 718rwhp...but it can also be very dangerous. I bought the Camaro because it handles so much better and makes me feel super safe. But add on another 100-150 hp and I'm not so sure that would still be the case.

2014 Black ZL1 - Toothless -
Previous Lovers :2014 1LE , 2010 2SS RS,2004 GTO, 2000 Camaro SS x 2
shinzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 07:42 PM   #221
Envy
Bully Proof

Camaro V6 Exhaust Video

Okay guys...no matter how hard I try...something always goes wrong when I try to do my exhaust videos. Here are a couple of clips that came out pretty good but you'll have to ignore the black birds in the background. It sounds like a scene from 'The Birds'...lol...sorry. :(

The first video is just my Camaro with the cut-outs closed/open/closed. The second video is a comparison of my highly modified 2007 Mustang GT-500 exhaust (which sounds awesomely loud) compared to my Camaro V6 with the cut-outs open. Not too shabby guys!

Old 03-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #222
cruznls
cruznls

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
T-Rex Grille & painted side splitter in the front would complete the look, you would still have front ground clearance, & body kit would look complete.....
cruznls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 10:40 AM   #223
Z4me

Drives: 2013 ZL1 IOM Vin #169
Congratz on the trophies, your car looks sweet! My wife and I are looking
Forward to our purchase of our very first camaro in the spring
Of next year when the ZL1 is out. This will be our first camaro
and were already discussing what mods were going to get.
We want our"s to be unique in it's own way as far as it's final
appearance inside and out.
Z4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2011, 11:58 PM   #224
Envy
Bully Proof

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinzon View Post
good point, however being one of three sixes with FI adds to your exclusivity. But don't kill yourself over it. What is it like to have soo many kool ass kool cars ? I find the best relationship I have with a car is when it is the only one I have. Additionally for the amount of coin in your camaro, what drew you to that platform rather than a m3 or a s4. 99% of girly girls would go with the lux. Not that you owe an explation , the qustion just populated my empty head.
I've never really cared about exclusivity...and it's certainly not a money thing. It's a "I love my Camaro and don't want to use her as a guinea pig thing." It was difficult enough just to find someone to put headers on her...so the twins can wait for now...unless I learn enough to install them myself...lol

As for your other question...why a Camaro? I wanted a true muscle car...not some two door coupe/sports car cross over. I originally wanted an old muscle car...like a '69 Mach I or another 2nd Gen Camaro...but then I bought the old Corvette and it reminded me that old cars suck (the money out of your pockets...lol) and we've come a long way since the 70's. I've also never owned anything but an American car...so that rules out the Audi and the Beamer.

And no one's ever accused me of being a girly girl...I grew up around a bunch of guys and always fit in better with them...hence my love of cars and my colorful mouth. But I do appreciate luxury...we just all have a different idea of what that is. The Shelby belongs to my husband but here are two of my four cars. The van is what I consider lux and it's super comfortable for my friends to ride in too.

How can I afford all my cars? First, I've made a lot of sacrifices in other areas of my life to have them. Second, I buy all my cars lightly used...except Envy...of course. And last, I never had any kids...so there's plenty of money left over to spend on the cars.

Last edited by Envy; 03-09-2011 at 09:31 PM.