Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-03-2007, 08:48 PM   #15
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpaws View Post
For quite some time we have been hearing "production STARTING last quarter '08, available at dealers first quarter '09". Now what exactly in that recent Leftlane article states anything differently than what GM has been saying? Now let's see, the most recent article said early production going to engineers, etc. starting in Nov., that's still last quarter '08. They stated should be available at dealers mid -March '09, that's still first quarter '09. So what has really changed? NOTHING!!! Get a grip people, it will get here. Three years (or a little over) from concept being shown to available at dealer is nothing. Sure, I'd like to have one tomorrow too, but it just is not going to happen.
Clyde
did you read the same article that as posted?? it said start of production in 1st 1/4 09!!!!!! thats not the same as the last 1/4 08!
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:50 PM   #16
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AerospaceGuy View Post
I don't know about the hype dying down all that much, as we'll be getting more specifics on the production model as we get closer to the production date. Also, don't forget that Transformers 2 is slated to open that summer, featuring our favorite Autobot.
how do you know they plan on using cars in the next one?? yeah bumble bee will be in it but who says he is goign to be a car?? have you ever seen the transformers cartoon where they transform in to animals??
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:11 PM   #17
bprange

Drives: '94 Red/Black Z/28
People need to settle down. IF it is true, it pretty much goes with all other evidence that has been gathered thus far but goes beyond and gives actual dates. I dont know what was expected of you others but that is very close to what I would have guessed for rollout.

Quote:
how do you know they plan on using cars in the next one?? yeah bumble bee will be in it but who says he is goign to be a car?? have you ever seen the transformers cartoon where they transform in to animals??
Are you kidding? NO WAY WOULD THAT HAPPEN!
Old 12-03-2007, 09:15 PM   #18
Good53X

Drives: 1988Nissan Pulsar (meh,beater)
I had been contemplating waiting until Summer 2010 to get my vert anyway, seeing as the first year could be used to iron out any kinks. The verts not being released until december means that I HAVE to wait, which makes the decision easy for me

The Challenger, IMHO, is not any competition for the Camaro. It's just going to play off the Mustang hype. I can honestly say that I believe the first time we see a current gen Mustang next to a current gen Camaro... the Rustang is going to look like some kind of retro hot-wheels. I just see the Camaro blowing it out of the water.

And what I just said about Mustang/Camaro can be said the same way about Challenger/Mustang, as far as I'm concerned. I don't see it - the way it is styled currently - being legitimate competition. It's just riding the coat-tails of hype.
Good53X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 09:37 PM   #19
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
Yes, Transformers: Beast Wars. Excellent followup to the Gen1 show actually. If you watched it all the way thru anyway.

But Beast Wars was never as big a hit as the original Gen1, though it was pretty popular with Transformers fans. I highly doubt they will abandon the vehicle versions anytime soon.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:53 PM   #20
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Good evening all,

I will not get into a discussion about alleged dates -- frankly, there are so many falsehoods and half-truths about the Camaro that it's hard for ME to keep track!.....(and no, I can't tell you everything you want to know about the car -- altho I wish I could!........)

We have, all along, said that we will go into production in the last quarter of 2008 -- and cars will be in dealerships in the first quarter of 2009.

That has not changed.

I will not tell you when the first car comes off the line at this point in time, nor will I tell you when regular production starts.....for two reasons:

>it's confidential (and I like my job......and won't lose it because someone demands to know info. that is confidential....)

>it could change - and that could include it moving up or back --

Now -- I understand the passion behind the Camaro.

When people get mad and post stuff on this and other sites that could be misconstrued as mean spirited or angry, I suspect that 99% of the time, it's the passion glowing thru the words -- and that's a good thing -- altho I will continue to ask people to remain civil and polite. There's no need for name calling and ill will.........

I ask you to consider this: Knowing our financial position over the past couple of years -- wouldn't we all agree that it would be in GM's best interests if we could be building the Camaro today?

Of course it would......it would certainly help the bottom line -- ..BUT........

The Camaro is going to be built off of a brand new architecture. We are not using a years-old architecture as some of our competitors are going to do.

That means it will take time to design/engineer/build you a QUALITY product. NONE of us (that's you and me) want a Camaro that doesn't have world class quality. It takes time to get it right -- ESP. with a car that will carry such an important nameplate: The Camaro.

The Camaro program was approved in August of 2006 -- and many of our employees were deployed to Melbourne, Australia to commence working on this exciting car. If we start to build cars in the fourth quarter of 2008 -- that will be 26 months according to my abacus! The original Camaro (launched in September 1966) took longer to bring to market -- and let's face it -- it was easier to design and build cars back then...........

So......we're moving forward at a fast pace to bring you a new Camaro. Yes -- we (that's you and me) would like to have the cars in our driveways NOW -- but please have patience -- it will be well worth the wait in my humble opinion.

I will also caution you that we will not have one Camaro in dealerships for everyone that wants one right away......it's simply impossible to have that number of cars available for the pent-up demand that we anticipate.

We will start building them slowly so that the first cars are just as good as the ones two years later.......there's simply no way to start building a new car (even in an existing plant) at regular line-speed and hope to have the cars show great quality........

Will we lose some customers to other manufacturers? Undoubtedly -- and we don't like it -- but it's simply a fact of life. We DO hope they'll be back.

Will you be able to buy a new Camaro for $200 over invoice? No -- of course not -- unless the car completely flops and we have no intention of allowing that to happen -- and frankly, with the buzz it's created, I don't see that happening..........

Now -- I hope I've given all of you some perspective.......

It WILL be worth the wait ..........

Feel free to share!
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 10:59 PM   #21
alleykt123
err… MEOW!

Drives: 2005 GTO
Send a message via AIM to alleykt123 Send a message via Yahoo to alleykt123
The Fbod Father has spoken!!

Quote:
Motorcycle Cop: Whatcha got in the trunk?
J. Frank Parnell: Oh... You don't wanna look in there.

Repo Man
alleykt123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:02 PM   #22
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...

On a more serious note. Thanks for your words of wisdom fbodfather. I look forward to more updates from the Detroit Gods of Thunder. If at all possible, the three things I'm most interested in for updates on info would be color choices, trim and price range (Top MSRP projected more specifically). If at anytime you are allowed to release any of these items, please don't hesitate.

I think most people on these boards will agree, we're glad you're taking the time to make a quality product. We anxiously (sometimes too anxiously) await the arrival of our new family addition.

Cheers.

Last edited by Mindz; 12-03-2007 at 11:18 PM.
Mindz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:06 PM   #23
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666

He has spoken again… Quick, sacrifice another virgin…

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 11:54 PM   #24
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post

On a more serious note. Thanks for your words of wisdom fbodfather. I look forward to more updates from the Detroit Gods of Thunder. If at all possible, the three things I'm most interested in for updates on info would be color choices, trim and price range (Top MSRP projected more specifically). If at anytime you are allowed to release any of these items, please don't hesitate.

I think most people on these boards will agree, we're glad you're taking the time to make a quality product. We anxiously (sometimes too anxiously) await the arrival of our new family addition.

Cheers.
Location: The happy place... with the white padded walls... wearing a coat that makes me hug myself... Now that made me LMFAO...

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 12:07 AM   #25
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER74Z28 View Post
Location: The happy place... with the white padded walls... wearing a coat that makes me hug myself... Now that made me LMFAO...
Was wondering when someone would notice that.

Now get back on topic.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:33 AM   #26
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Thanks for giving us the facts Scott!!! I expect nothing less than absolute perfection and have no doubt you guys will deliver (look at the CTS, Malibu, Tahoe... all hits with class leading and beating quality... and reliability!!!). Just as long as the dealers don't go crazy with market adjustments you guys won't be getting any hate mail from me, but then again the dealers are not exactly under your control.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:18 AM   #27
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I needed that . . . this is my last long night of engineering in a while
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 02:35 AM   #28
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
Zoo's don't pay millions in royalties to showcase specific animals. GM and Ford on the other hand.... If you google anything about Transformers 2, you'll see that it's going to be about cars. That's how I know. Only this time, we're going to be seeing new autobots...and new decepticons. If they turned into animals, I'd have to pass....but, that's for the transformers thread.

I think all Aerospaceguy was trying to say is that the next Transformers will only help to continue the hype for the meantime while GM continues to agressively work to get the Camaro out to us. It'll help to keep our attn.

Scott...thanks for the info. Much respect to you and your work. Us diehards are keeping the faith and know it will be WELL worth the wait. I'm just thankful it'll be alive once again.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote