Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-09-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
dhammis

Drives: 2LT/RS Transformers Edition
Smile The bumblebee/camaro effect

Today was the first day that I have gotten to take a decent length drive with Cammy since I picked her up last week and I have to say that the public response is rather amazing. Driving down the road I had numerous cars pull along side. Some were honking, some were taking pics, got a few thumbs up and lots of grins.

I've had nothing but positive responses whenever someone sees her. The day after she came home I had ordered a pizza and the delivery guy showed up and said "Sweet car dude!"

I've never had a car that attracted this much attention. I'm sure the Yellow and Black is part of it, but it's just a sweet ride in general.

I noticed another thing about this car versus other cars I've owned. You drive this car. Most cars you just ride in. You may control the steering, gas and brake, but you don't actually DRIVE it. This car is made for driving and even after a couple of weeks with her she's still fun to drive at any speed.

dhammis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhammis View Post
Today was the first day that I have gotten to take a decent length drive with Cammy since I picked her up last week and I have to say that the public response is rather amazing. Driving down the road I had numerous cars pull along side. Some were honking, some were taking pics, got a few thumbs up and lots of grins.

I've had nothing but positive responses whenever someone sees her. The day after she came home I had ordered a pizza and the delivery guy showed up and said "Sweet car dude!"

I've never had a car that attracted this much attention. I'm sure the Yellow and Black is part of it, but it's just a sweet ride in general.

I noticed another thing about this car versus other cars I've owned. You drive this car. Most cars you just ride in. You may control the steering, gas and brake, but you don't actually DRIVE it. This car is made for driving and even after a couple of weeks with her she's still fun to drive at any speed.

Aaaah,.....yup, another satisfied customer. You can thank Chevy, I think they did an amazing job with this car, I love every inch of it. Yeah man, your going to be getting that experience for a good while if you keep your car in good condition. I clean mine everyday, rain,sleet, or snow, and trust me, people sure do notice. It's ridiculous, I've had people taking pictures with they're camera phone at the red light, I've had people watching the car while driving about to break they're neck, I've been followed for at least a mile by a family in they're van, I've been complimented by cops. lol. THIS is a great car. Just absolutely amazing. The only thing I want a little more than my Camaro would have to be the Corvette Stingray Concept; that car is GODLIKE.

But anyway, as far as the Camaro goes, I really wish Chevy added the actual Bumble-Bee color from the movie, I think it would sell alot more than the banana yellow, which imo looks good but just too bright. It's a simple request. Add the Bumble-Bee color! Dhammis, your in the club now man,....your going to get those responses everywhere you go.

*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:10 PM   #3
CAM MAN

Drives: ALL 5 GEN CAMAROS
cograts!!! I'm Glad the Big C is back ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CAM MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:13 PM   #4
R6P

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Permagrin
R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:10 PM   #5
jimmie.briseno

Drives: camaro
I get attention every single day about my Bumble Bee. When we drove to Texas for christmas everytime we stopped at a gas station or fast food place people would go to the car and take pics with camera phones and when we went to the car got nothing but compliments.. this is a great feeling that I am not use too.. Thank you GM lol
jimmie.briseno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:42 AM   #6
robertgss3
Super Bee

Drives: 2010 Camaro ABM and Sunrise Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
Aaaah,.....yup, another satisfied customer. You can thank Chevy, I think they did an amazing job with this car, I love every inch of it. Yeah man, your going to be getting that experience for a good while if you keep your car in good condition. I clean mine everyday, rain,sleet, or snow, and trust me, people sure do notice. It's ridiculous, I've had people taking pictures with they're camera phone at the red light, I've had people watching the car while driving about to break they're neck, I've been followed for at least a mile by a family in they're van, I've been complimented by cops. lol. THIS is a great car. Just absolutely amazing. The only thing I want a little more than my Camaro would have to be the Corvette Stingray Concept; that car is GODLIKE.

But anyway, as far as the Camaro goes, I really wish Chevy added the actual Bumble-Bee color from the movie, I think it would sell alot more than the banana yellow, which imo looks good but just too bright. It's a simple request. Add the Bumble-Bee color! Dhammis, your in the club now man,....your going to get those responses everywhere you go.

Hello,

I agree, the Sunrise Gold color from the movie is awesome, that's why I had mine color changed to that color. Notice that it color shifts depending on the lighting.

Thanks,

Name:  camaro2009_01.jpg
Views: 1005
Size:  104.7 KB

Name:  Camaro Pictures 01.07.10 006.JPG
Views: 775
Size:  108.7 KB

Name:  Camaro Pictures 01.07.10 008.JPG
Views: 810
Size:  123.6 KB

Name:  Finished Bee Pictures 001.JPG
Views: 769
Size:  184.0 KB

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=3271&pictureid=24300
robertgss3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:53 AM   #7
CamaroMiami

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3, 92 Camaro RS
Perfect color for the transformer Edition. The Rally Yellow is all GM offers.
Here is the big question an I hope it is not stupid, So here goes
When I get Camaro Transformer Edition and get it painted to the Sunrise Gold, would I be voiding any warranties? What if I ask the "dealer" to repaint the car Sunrise Gold would I be voiding any warranties?
Someone please respond because I think the Sunrise Gold is the best instead of the Rally Yellow.
CamaroMiami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #8
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroMiami View Post
Perfect color for the transformer Edition. The Rally Yellow is all GM offers.
Here is the big question an I hope it is not stupid, So here goes
When I get Camaro Transformer Edition and get it painted to the Sunrise Gold, would I be voiding any warranties? What if I ask the "dealer" to repaint the car Sunrise Gold would I be voiding any warranties?
Someone please respond because I think the Sunrise Gold is the best instead of the Rally Yellow.
Only thing would be on the paint. I would make sure whoever painted the car would match GM's warrenty...
Old 01-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #9
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhammis View Post

Congratulations.. but please stop calling the Camaro a Cammy.. makes it sound too sissified...Like it's a Toyota Camry.....
Old 01-13-2010, 10:02 AM   #10
robertgss3
Super Bee

Hello,

Your paint warranty only covers fading, not chips due to road hazards such as pebbles and rocks. I had chips on my Camaro fairly soon after buying it and it then was too late to get the clear bra applied. Since I had to get painting done anyway I went with the color I wanted to begin with and was not offerred by GM. My shop gave me a warranty on the paint that is equal to if not better than the one GM gave on the paint. Check out the site for Piccione Customs http://www.piccionecustoms.com/galleryIndex.html

Thanks,

Name:  Finished Bee Pictures 004.JPG
Views: 641
Size:  173.8 KB

Old 01-13-2010, 10:04 AM   #11
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgss3 View Post
Hello,

Your paint warranty only covers fading, not chips due to road hazards such as pebbles and rocks. I had chips on my Camaro fairly soon after buying it and it then was too late to get the clear bra applied. Since I had to get painting done anyway I went with the color I wanted to begin with and was not offerred by GM. My shop gave me a warranty on the paint that is equal to if not better than the one GM gave on the paint. Check out the site for Piccione Customs http://www.piccionecustoms.com/galleryIndex.html

Thanks,
Wrong, It also covers delamination of the clearcoat, and if the paint starts peeling off... I had a 88 Gran Prix that the paint started peeling on the hood and the warrenty covered it...
Old 01-13-2010, 10:06 AM   #12
robertgss3
Super Bee

Does not cover chips which is the most common issue you will get with a car that low to the ground, not peeling of the clear coat, mine has 5 coats of clear coat now and my 30 days curing to apply the clear bra will be up on 1/23/10 which is my appointment to have the clear bra applied.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:25 AM   #13
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgss3 View Post
Does not cover chips which is the most common issue you will get with a car that low to the ground, not peeling of the clear coat, mine has 5 coats of clear coat now and my 30 days curing to apply the clear bra will be up on 1/23/10 which is my appointment to have the clear bra applied.
I never said it covered chips in the paint...
Old 01-13-2010, 11:34 AM   #14
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I agree, these are the best Camaro's ever made.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote