Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-12-2021, 02:29 PM   #15
SIM GhostrdrZ

Drives: ‘14 Z/28 ‘14 ZL1 M6 vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z/28Dan View Post
Crickets...
Your looking for more sets? I thought you had success finding a set through a dealer, referencing another thread.
SIM GhostrdrZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 04:46 PM   #16
Goebel734
Mr. Bill

Drives: 2014 SIM 0059 CTF w/AC & stereo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIM GhostrdrZ View Post
Your looking for more sets? I thought you had success finding a set through a dealer, referencing another thread.
I think Dan is hoarding wheels... haha

When is one of the wheel companies gonna make a 19 inch replica? Hell, they do every other size!
1991 GMC Syclone
1997 30th Anniversary SS hardtop 6-speed
2014 Z/28 SIM 0059 CTF A/C and stereo
Goebel734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:36 PM   #17
232_ray

Drives: 2013 ZL1 / 1969 Z/28 camaro
I agree with the other gentleman. I also agree that he’s hoarding them to resell later at crazy prices. But thats none of my business really.

Quote:
232_ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 08:44 PM   #18
232_ray

It was never a secret price “ big man”. The original post was asking what their value was depending on that I would consider selling. But I didn’t even mention that part just asked for value. You wanted to low ball me and on my wheels. I have nothing to hide. I clearly posted pics and details on condition. Then I give up the excuse of them having to be stripped and repainted. That’s your choice not mine so when u low balled me I clearly stated that for your offer I’d prefer to keep em. And to have a good day. That was the end of your conversation To me it was over since that was ur offer at 1500 and I denied it. I moved on no need to reply on my end. You kept messaging me and throwing stupid comments on my post. You couldn’t get the point so yes now I’m putting it out there since I personally don’t care abs u want to go around crying to other people that I wouldn’t sell u some wheels. Grow up you can’t have all the spare Z wheels. Good luck on your search.

Quote:
Fair enough, big boy. You gave a price to two people via private message. They both shared that private message with me. You stated you would take 3200.00 for them. Since you wouldn't state your price publicly, I'll do it for you.

Keep 'em.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:48 PM   #19
232_ray

Only 2 people give me a suggestion as to their possible value and to them THANK YOU!

If it’s ok with you Z/28Dan I’m gonna keep ‘em!
Old 01-14-2021, 01:53 PM   #20
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
Quote:
Originally Posted by 232_ray View Post
It was never a secret price “ big man”. The original post was asking what their value was depending on that I would consider selling. But I didn’t even mention that part just asked for value. You wanted to low ball me and on my wheels. I have nothing to hide. I clearly posted pics and details on condition. Then I give up the excuse of them having to be stripped and repainted. That’s your choice not mine so when u low balled me I clearly stated that for your offer I’d prefer to keep em. And to have a good day. That was the end of your conversation To me it was over since that was ur offer at 1500 and I denied it. I moved on no need to reply on my end. You kept messaging me and throwing stupid comments on my post. You couldn’t get the point so yes now I’m putting it out there since I personally don’t care abs u want to go around crying to other people that I wouldn’t sell u some wheels. Grow up you can’t have all the spare Z wheels. Good luck on your search.
Thanks for the reply. I inquired about the wheels. You sent me info and pics via text. Great. How much do you want for them? Make me an offer. Great. I said 1500.00 knowing these gold(?) wheels needed to be shipped and then stripped and repainted at a cost of 150.00 per wheel. You said it was a lowball offer you would keep them. I said what do you want for them? Then you went silent. Apparently you were upset by an offer when there was no asking price. You need to look no further than my itrader rating and how long I have been on this forum to understand how serious of a buyer I am. Instead you ghosted me on texts and here on the forum.

All you needed to do was give me a counter offer. Negotiations 101...

BTW, market value on these wheels (used--and the correct color) is 2500.00. I have been offered three sets at that price. I bought one, so now I have my track set. I have no use for hoarding wheels. I track my Z/28. One extra set is enough. Now tires...I could use a bunch of them!

Cheers.

Dan

Last edited by Z/28Dan; 01-14-2021 at 02:05 PM.
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 02:21 PM   #21
SIM GhostrdrZ

Question for Z28dan;
Sorry I messed on the editing.

market value on these wheels (used--and the correct color) is 2500.00. I have been offered three sets at that price. I bought one, so now I have my track set. I have no use for hoarding wheels. I track my Z/28. One extra set is enough. Now tires...I could use a bunch of them!

So it sounds like you gave up on getting wheels through the dealer or what was your GM response? If you care to share.
Thanks.
Old 01-14-2021, 02:23 PM   #22
ronchev

Drives: 14' Red Z/28 #336
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. I inquired about the wheels. You sent me info and pics via text. Great. How much do you want for them? Make me an offer. Great. I said 1500.00 knowing these gold(?) wheels needed to be shipped and then stripped and repainted at a cost of 150.00 per wheel. You said it was a lowball offer you would keep them. I said what do you want for them? Then you went silent. Apparently you were upset by an offer when there was no asking price. You need to look no further than my itrader rating and how long I have been on this forum to understand how serious of a buyer I am. Instead you ghosted me on texts and here on the forum.

All you needed to do was give me a counter offer. Negotiations 101...

BTW, market value on these wheels (used--and the correct color) is 2500.00. I have been offered three sets at that price. I bought one, so now I have my track set. I have no use for hoarding wheels. I track my Z/28. One extra set is enough. Now tires...I could use a bunch of them!

Cheers.
Kinda figured this was what was going on here, the market on these wheels as you know have changed in the last couple years and finding them for $800 a set just dont happen much any more so your 1500 offer for a set that needs painted is not out of line in my book and still would be a good price id think about a well so IMO you also did rule 101 in my book... well said sir!
ronchev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:03 PM   #23
232_ray

So I guess the comment that I made to him in reply to his offer doesn’t matter? “I'll keep em for that good luck finding a set at that price. Have a good day”. Pretty sure at that point it should say that I’m not interested in dealing anymore. I never said I’ll get back to u or did I insinuate I was gonna counter offer. No need for the negotiating 101 thing if I’m not interested. I could also say that if anyone actually read the post I was asking what they were worth. Never did I mention I was looking to sell. That’s exactly why I put that price to those few people that got a price from me was because I’m not interested in getting rid of them. I wanted to know if I had gotten a good deal or not. Either way I liked them so it really doesn’t matter I was just curious. The reason for the high price was if someone really had to have them then there’s the price for the must have em person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronchev View Post
Kinda figured this was what was going on here, the market on these wheels as you know have changed in the last couple years and finding them for $800 a set just dont happen much any more so your 1500 offer for a set that needs painted is not out of line in my book and still would be a good price id think about a well so IMO you also did rule 101 in my book... well said sir!
Old 01-14-2021, 09:13 PM   #24
232_ray

Z/28Dan

I didn’t get upset mad or anything like that. I just walked away from the offer/deal whatever u wanna call it. Your the one that said/asked “WTH”I wanted for them. To me your the one that got bothered enough to do the capital letters comment. You also went around and messaged other people that contacted me about the wheels. I left that conversation cause I was done with it. Then u commented on my post or any post on other peoples posts. So get over yourself Z/28dan.
Attached Images

Old 01-15-2021, 10:00 AM   #25
4 FN 27

Drives: 2015 Z28
I’ll be back in a minute. Need more salt for my popcorn.
Old 01-15-2021, 10:05 AM   #26
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
Quote:
Question for Z28dan;
Sorry I messed on the editing.

market value on these wheels (used--and the correct color) is 2500.00. I have been offered three sets at that price. I bought one, so now I have my track set. I have no use for hoarding wheels. I track my Z/28. One extra set is enough. Now tires...I could use a bunch of them!

So it sounds like you gave up on getting wheels through the dealer or what was your GM response? If you care to share.
Thanks.
As of a few weeks ago, there was only one wheel in the system to purchase brand new. Any dealer could backorder them, but the manufacture and ship date was an unknown. It doesn't mean they are discontinued--just backordered. Used is the way to go if you need them in short order.

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:50 AM   #27
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Hi i will pay you $2400 if we can meet up, i need them i have a new to me Red Z/28 and i like the look.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 11:06 AM   #28
SIM GhostrdrZ

Quote:
As of a few weeks ago, there was only one wheel in the system to purchase brand new. Any dealer could backorder them, but the manufacture and ship date was an unknown. It doesn't mean they are discontinued--just backordered. Used is the way to go if you need them in short order.
Thanks. Wasn’t sure if you had luck through the dealer. I’m not into tracking but it seems 3 wheels sets are common plus like you said; a bunch of tires. Maybe some I’ll get mine to the track. Probably the only way to fully appreciate it.