Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-06-2020, 09:53 AM   #29
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annatar View Post
Where I used to live we only had "AutoZone" and "Advance Auto Parts", so this vendor was unknown to me hitherto. It looks like they ship internationally as well, which is what I require.

The only issue I see is a cosmetic one, in that their valves are Silver while mine are Black. I wonder whether it would be a good idea to coat mine with some satin Black once it's in, taped around so the paint doesn't get into the threads?

The really dumb thing is these are Brembo bleeder valves and I live in Europe, if only I knew the Brembo part number I wouldn't have to order something made in Europe from the United States... I spent two hours trying to find the Brembo part number but so far no joy.Brembo painted over the bleeder valve and the caliper after they assembled it and it all baked in together, so I broke the bleeder valve off while trying to loosen it, can you believe that nonsense?I have a compressor, WD-40 and I will also have a vacuum cleaner handy. That's a good idea, I'll try your method first before I go for the heat gun.
That suggestion with WD40 is only to help prevent your new bleeders from locking.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote