Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 01-14-2009, 02:16 PM   #1
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged Custom Camaro
GMS - Dealers Participating

I posted in another Thread but thought this was important enough to start its own thread.

We have moved past MSRP or Less for those that are GMS eligible.

I recieved confirmation in writing yesterday from my dealership that all 2010 camaros will be eligible for GMS at their location.

Al Serra Auto Plaza in Grand Blanc MI
www.Alserra.com

As of yesterday they still had 11 allocations left out of the 38 they have been assured for the year.

I have bought/leased many cars over the last 14 years from this dealership and the same sales person at the pace of 1 new car every two years and they are true to there word. IF you are not elligble for GMS ask them about their "only price".........it is usually several thousand below MSRP. I am not sure what they will do with the camaro but they did assure me at my time of order that they would not go above MSRP.

I hope this info helps push others to get their dealership to pass on the GMS program to those that are eligible.

Good Luck
BTW - Ask for Gregg Winnie if you call them. Great Sales Person that doesn't blow smoke.
Old 01-15-2009, 10:00 AM   #2
kdbolt70

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Graff Chevrolet Okemos accepts GMS, and promises they wouldn't make me pay a penny more.

Graff Chevrolet
1748 West Grand River Ave
Okemos MI 48805

They still have 4 of their 11 allocation left.
2SS/RS Victory Red M6 w/ Black Rallys #3305
Muffler Delete, Lloyd "SS" Floormats, K&N Aircharger, Skip Shift Eliminator, Blacked Bowties
kdbolt70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:17 AM   #3
383ss

Drives: 1985 IROC, 2011 Camaro
awesome thread. I'm having trouble finding one in my area. looks like I'll be getting a 1 way ticket to MI.
383ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:23 PM   #4
Kyle.Gilmour
Charter Circle Member

Drives: 427 LSX- with TWINS
Location: Back in Michigan!! Do miss ATX and my Tejas friends
Send a message via AIM to Kyle.Gilmour
http://www.classicchevytexas.com/
Classic Chevy in Grapevine, TX told me they would honor my GMS or GMU discount, I will be taking the GMS discount
Old 01-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #5
City Chevrolet
Chevrolet Sales

Drives: Grocery Getter
I do not understand this thread and maybe someone can enlighten me a bit. How are you guys so sure GM will be allowing the GMS number or Supplier number to be honored at time of delivery? What if your dealer backs out of that deal? With the Z06 they did not honor GMS or the like for something like 6 months or better.

I am a bit confused since you can not submit a number to GM without a VIN and GM could post their "bulletin" that they will not be doing GMS when the vehicles are about to come out and then the dealer won't want to take a bath on a vehicle of $2,000..

I had a irrate guy sent me an email, he was irrate because I said I could not honor GM supplier pricing on it at this point..(dealership rules currently) I told him with the limited allocation that we had.. GM would not reimburse us as far as we know.. etc. I am now a Liar I guess for trying to be a staright shooter. Lesson one I learned in this business, Consumers will always be angry when they can not acquire what they want for the price they want and without fail it has been true.

Help me out here some.
City Chevrolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:57 PM   #6
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
last i checked, it was stated in the IDL a few days ago that all discounts will be availible from day one...

someone correct me if i'm wrong.

---

and to reference your methodology, the z06 is a 75k car... different situation. not to mention, the economy and need for car sales was also a very different situation back then.

what it comes down to is the question of whether you'd charge up the arse and only get a few customers in, or keep pushing lots of cars off the lot at a reasonable price...

as for a dealer backing out, as long as you have a written statement from them saying they'll honor any discounts offered by gm (which many of us do); it's gonna be a hard struggle for them to get out of it as long as you have kept up your side of the agreement.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:59 PM   #7
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
If a dealer can sell every one of his Camaros for MSRP, why would he be foolish enough to accept GMS or GSU on any early cars? They finally can make a little bit of money on a new release and already are cheapening the car by discounting it. Do it if you want but it's like throwing money out of the dealership doors. That's something dealers can't afford to do these days.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #8
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
If a dealer can sell every one of his Camaros for MSRP, why would he be foolish enough to accept GMS or GSU on any early cars? They finally can make a little bit of money on a new release and already are cheapening the car by discounting it. Do it if you want but it's like throwing money out of the dealership doors. That's something dealers can't afford to do these days.
that's a good point, but i gotta ask... what if they cant?

if you look into any newspaper these days, you'll notice it isn't currently a sellers market.

challangers that were being marked up 10k 6 months ago are sitting on lots now for under msrp... with dealers willing to deal.

times change, and luckily for the consumer (but not so much for the dealer) the market is in our hands.

think of it this way, it's better for a dealer to make the hold back and that's it then to make nothing at all.
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #9
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
that's a good point, but i gotta ask... what if they cant?

if you look into any newspaper these days, you'll notice it isn't currently a sellers market.

challangers that were being marked up 10k 6 months ago are sitting on lots now for under msrp... with dealers willing to deal.

times change, and luckily for the consumer (but not so much for the dealer) the market is in our hands.

think of it this way, it's better for a dealer to make the hold back and that's it then to make nothing at all.

Most dealers will pass on GMS sales for a car that is not even released yet. If they want to work on holdback only, that's fine. It just doesn't make sense. There goes GM again getting into the dealer's pockets. They (GM) say they care about dealer profitiblity and then they offer GMS on the hottest GM car in a long time. No wonder they need the bailout. They don't know how to manage money or sell cars.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:10 PM   #10
City Chevrolet
Chevrolet Sales

Quote:
last i checked, it was stated in the IDL a few days ago that all discounts will be availible from day one...

---

and to reference your methodology, the z06 is a 75k car... different situation. not to mention, the economy and need for car sales was also a very different situation back then.

what it comes down to is the question of whether you'd charge up the arse and only get a few customers in, or keep pushing lots of cars off the lot at a reasonable price...

as for a dealer backing out, as long as you have a written statement from them saying they'll honor any discounts offered by gm (which many of us do); it's gonna be a hard struggle for them to get out of it as long as you have kept up your side of the deal.
I am just asking a question and I am not saying that a Z06 and a Camaro are the same product or cost the same, but there will be only a minor amount to each dealership at first and that is simular compared to say a Malibu or Silverado.

I don't think this is a fair statement (the underlined one) because a dealership decides not to honor Supplier or GM pricing on something you won't see many of, again, profit is only bad in the Car and Oil business.. and why is MSRP such a dang ugly word? You will purchase that pair of Nikes at 1000% markup, a Tie at 2000%, heck a TV/Stereo at 100%.. just not a car at 3%, I get it.

I have really had about enough of the demonizing of dealerships everywhere I look. PSST. Hey guys, it hasn't been a fricken banner year to begin with, now all customers think "Good, let's hold em hostage and make em sell for nothing... THEY HAVE TO!" gah, I better stop because I know probably none of the Consumers here really care as long as they get what they want for what they want.

I do not know of this IDL, but then again I missed the last one a few days back. SOrry I ranted a bit, wasn't aimed at you persay Bolt
Old 01-15-2009, 01:24 PM   #11
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Quote:

---

as for a dealer backing out, as long as you have a written statement from them saying they'll honor any discounts offered by gm (which many of us do); it's gonna be a hard struggle for them to get out of it as long as you have kept up your side of the agreement.
see this thread they are not being blocked...

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11637

So if a dealership is not participating that is the DEALERSHIPS Choice nothing to do with GM or other dealerships participating. Good luck seeling at MSRP on a camaro...definetley their puragative......but I can tell you I for one am a repeat loyal costomer and have purchased from the same dealership for the last 17 years at the rate of 1 car ever 3 years.....and that is why I go back they didn't try to make a little bit more money off of a selct few...they treat everyone the same.....and if GMS is offered they pass it on.....I guess they look at volume rather than quick cash on 10-12 cars......the mom and pops that only get one or two cars....so be it......they need to do what they need to do

BTW we need to stop comparing the 5thG to a Z06 at 75k in real limited production......fariness to both cars.....BTW A local dealersip were I work has a Z06 on their lot for 3000 below MSRP....wonder why????

Sorry to vent but this goes back to when I walked into a dealership at 21 and was looking to purchase my Monte and they looked at me and said "do you know how much that car costs"...????? WTF of course I do I guess they 8000 I want to but down isn't good enough for person.....there are a lot of good dealerships out there....I just hope that if they block GMS or GMU on the camaro they are doing it for all there cars......why wouldn't you???? You can make a little extra in these hard economic times.

Just my thoughts people - but I have not nor will I ever pay more than MSRP for a car.....I wasn't even going to do it for the 5thG - I would have waited till Dealerships came to their senses and stopped comparing it to Vett sales.
Old 01-15-2009, 01:34 PM   #12
Primus
2G1FF1EV0A9113319

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS 6MT
Who the hell pays 2000% over MSRP for a tie?
3000: 4/08/2009
3300: 5/14/2009
3400: 5/21/2009
3800: 5/28/2009 VIN: 2G1FF1EV0A9113319
4000: 5/28/2009
4150: 5/28/2009
4B00: 5/28/2009

Delivered: 6/10/2009
Primus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #13
rico-2SS
Thx TZD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Chevrolet View Post
I am just asking a question and I am not saying that a Z06 and a Camaro are the same product or cost the same, but there will be only a minor amount to each dealership at first and that is simular compared to say a Malibu or Silverado.

I don't think this is a fair statement (the underlined one) because a dealership decides not to honor Supplier or GM pricing on something you won't see many of, again, profit is only bad in the Car and Oil business.. and why is MSRP such a dang ugly word? You will purchase that pair of Nikes at 1000% markup, a Tie at 2000%, heck a TV/Stereo at 100%.. just not a car at 3%, I get it.

I have really had about enough of the demonizing of dealerships everywhere I look. PSST. Hey guys, it hasn't been a fricken banner year to begin with, now all customers think "Good, let's hold em hostage and make em sell for nothing... THEY HAVE TO!" gah, I better stop because I know probably none of the Consumers here really care as long as they get what they want for what they want.

I do not know of this IDL, but then again I missed the last one a few days back. SOrry I ranted a bit, wasn't aimed at you persay Bolt
Calm down a little bit...believe it or not I maybe we totally understand what you have to do as a dealership.......I think we can all speak for the fact that we have all had good and bad experiences.....I was ellated to see that my dealership is participating.....you know what I am getting more dealer installed options. You read some of the other posts about some buying experiences for some on the camaro and it is sicking...especially the one guy for the first time buying an american made car and the dealership told him 2000 above MSRP for Dealership fees etc...again WTF.....poor guy not from this contry and they saw him coming....

I loved your comparison to buying a tie and a $38,000 camaro....really I LOL

No hard feelings and good luck with car sales....I trully mean that.....I know it is a tough business...BTW I work comercial construction in design build and trust me it is tough everywhere....
Old 01-15-2009, 01:37 PM   #14
City Chevrolet
Chevrolet Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus View Post
Who the hell pays 2000% over MSRP for a tie?
2000% markup is what I was refering to. $85 for a nice tie that costs about $2.50 to make and all..