Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #1
AlohaBR

Drives: Camaros...is there anything else?
Camaro rental?

I thought Avis was renting Camaros' but they do not have one in their fleet in Hawaii.
Any other firms that may rent a Camaro, specifically a convertible. Will be on the Island of Kauai.

Any help would be much appreciated, it will be our 20th anniversary and want to surprise her.
AlohaBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
ABM10LT

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS ABM!
Hope you enjoy your trip to Kauai !! We went there last November and loved it. Had to settle for a Convert-a-stang while we were there though :(
ABM10LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:56 AM   #3
AlohaBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABM10LT View Post
Hope you enjoy your trip to Kauai !! We went there last November and loved it. Had to settle for a Convert-a-stang while we were there though :(
Yup, that is all Avis is showing. Thought someone might know another rental place without searching every single one.
Old 08-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #4
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
you know, I rented a 'vert about a month or so back. when I called to ask if any Avis locations near where I was had one, I was told yes. I was quoted a price and everything, but I didn't reserve because I did not know for sure if I would need a car. Later, when I confirmed I needed a car, I called back and was told they didn't have them. Not that they were out, but that they didn't carry them at that location. I told that guy that I was told they did have them (9 of them) and quoted a price. He said they had none. So, I went online and sure enough, they had several at that location. So, I reserved, showed up and picked my choice of colors from the lot.

You might try checking online, just to be sure. Seems like their phone system may not be as accurate as their online inventory.
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:06 AM   #5
bthomp01

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Avis has an exclusive deal with Chevy for the Camaro, so if they don't have it in Kauai you probably can't get one. Not saying it isn't possible, but it'd have to be an independent and possibly unregistered rental place, like those places in Vegas that let you rent Vipers and Lamborghinis

Matte Black Bumblebee Stripes - Unpainted Heritage Grille - Blacked Out Bowties - Stainless Works S-Tube Catback - CAI, Inc. Cold Air Intake
Whiteline Rear Cradle, Rear Differential, Front Radius Rod Bushings - BC Racing BR Coilovers - Installed by Whiteside Customs

bthomp01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
Black GT
Banned

Drives: 2006 Mustang GT
Went to Kauai in January, spent a week.
Your going to love it over there.

BTW in that week I can only remember seeing 1 Camaro.

Your best bet honestly is renting a Jeep, that's what I plan on doing when we go back in April.
Black GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #7
AlohaBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black GT View Post
Went to Kauai in January, spent a week.
Your going to love it over there.

BTW in that week I can only remember seeing 1 Camaro.

Your best bet honestly is renting a Jeep, that's what I plan on doing when we go back in April.
Are there more backroads than paved?
Wouldn't mind exploring off road, just thought the wife would really appreciate it since she wants a convertible(to buy) for herself.
Old 08-09-2011, 02:58 PM   #8
Black GT
Banned

Lots of paved roads on most parts of the island, If you go to the North end of the island there are spots you have a tough time getting to with a regular car.

Things to do/see
1) North end there is a cave in the side of the Mountain on the side of the road, nice to see, also across the road from the cave, locals have different fruit stands, you have to try one of the green coconuts(awesome) and there is a fruit only found on the islands called Rambutan.

2) Kauai ATV ride

3)Island Helicopter tour ( the one with the Jurassic falls landing)

4) Smith tropical family Laua

5) Waimea canyon (grand canyon of the gulf) must see

6) bring your own snorkel gear.

there's much more to do and see, have fun.

What hotel do you'll plan on staying at?
Old 08-09-2011, 04:17 PM   #9
AlohaBR

Wanting to do a Zip Line also!!!

We are staying at Wyndham Bali Hai Villas.
Old 08-09-2011, 04:19 PM   #10
Deke736
COTW 12/3/12

Drives: 2012 Ashen Gray ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthomp01 View Post
Avis has an exclusive deal with Chevy for the Camaro,
I'm not sure this is true. I rent weekly with Hertz and have been offered an upgrade to a Camaro on several occasions throughout the country. I hope you can find one for your trip!
Deke736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:22 PM   #11
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Enterprise has some I talked with a person driving a LS convert with steel wheels.
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Orange5thGen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 04:46 PM   #12
bthomp01

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
I'm not sure this is true. I rent weekly with Hertz and have been offered an upgrade to a Camaro on several occasions throughout the country. I hope you can find one for your trip!
Oooh really? I haven't traveled for work for a while now (will start again next month), but when the Camaro first came out I remember seeing ads for it saying "Only at Avis".

Matte Black Bumblebee Stripes - Unpainted Heritage Grille - Blacked Out Bowties - Stainless Works S-Tube Catback - CAI, Inc. Cold Air Intake
Whiteline Rear Cradle, Rear Differential, Front Radius Rod Bushings - BC Racing BR Coilovers - Installed by Whiteside Customs

bthomp01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #13
Black GT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlohaBR View Post
Wanting to do a Zip Line also!!!

We are staying at Wyndham Bali Hai Villas.

Yes, I didn't get a chance to do the zip line, next time.

Princeville is nice area.
Old 08-09-2011, 07:20 PM   #14
AlohaBR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deke736 View Post
They show a coupe but not a convertible, but will keep checking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange5thGen View Post
Enterprise has some I talked with a person driving a LS convert with steel wheels.
Will check on that, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black GT View Post
Yes, I didn't get a chance to do the zip line, next time.

Princeville is nice area.
Really looking forward to it, was on Oahu a few years back and liked it, just wanted a less commercialized island this time.Did we pick right?