Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-09-2011, 06:29 PM   #1
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Arrow SSMOKINHOT’S SINISTER SCARLETT (SS) [COTW 12/19/11]

Featured on Camaro5 HOMEPAGE

SSMOKINHOT’S SINISTER SCARLETT (SS)

Current Mods:

Performance Mods:
Roto-Fab Cold Air Intake
Kooks 1 7/8" Headers
Borla S Cat-Back Exhaust
V-Max Ported Throttle Body
RX Performance Catch Can
Dynajet Tuned 362rwhp 379 max torque

Suspension Mods:
Eibach 1" Lowering Springs

Exterior Appearance Mods:
IVS Havoc Black Chrome Rims
Heritage Grille
Street Scene Front Lower Grille
ACS T3 Front Fascia
MPD1 Z Force Hood
MPD1 Rear Spoiler
Painted Rally Stripes
Black Chrome CAMARO Script
Headlight Armor Smoked Tint
Black Chrome Tail Light Bezels

Interior Appearance Mods:
Black Chrome and RJT Accents under Hood
Roto-Fab Radiator Cover
Carbon Fiber Radiator Cover
Red and Black Carbon Fiber Accents in Cabin
Blue Footwell Lighting
Black Chrome Accents in Trunk

Audio:
******** Sub Box
Two 12" Infinity Kappa Subwoofers
Alpine PDX-M12 Amp
Boss Capacitor
Dynamat

Other mods on the horizon:
Colorshift Halo Headlights
Sinister lower body kit
More black chrome accents
Powdercoated calipers
Drilled and Slotted Rotors
Eibach Sway Bars
Underdrive pulley
Floor mats
Etc, etc, etc

Wishing I had started this thread when I first got Scarlett but since I didn’t, you will get the cliff notes version of her transformation from July 2010 through April 2011

I picked her up in Dallas in July 2010 and drove her back to Shreveport, Louisiana where I live. The drive home was a blast! I had a permagrin the whole 3 hour drive! This is what she looked like when I first brought her home:

Now that I had her home, it was time to let the mods begin!

First and foremost, I had the VentureShield clear bra installed to prevent the horror stories of paint chips that I had read throughout the forum. For pics go to: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=5279

Second, I added Roto-Fab CAI and had her dyno tuned. These two mods took Scarlett from fun to exhilarating!! I also added a few black chrome and RJT accents under the hood to dress her up some more:

Next came some footwell lighting…installation required some flexibility

But the results were worth it:

Also, tinted the exterior lights and added some nice Carbon Fiber accents to the interior:

Next came full badge and front license plate delete and addition of heritage grille, street scene lower grille, black chrome tail light bezels and custom illuminated SS rear badge:
BEFORE:

AFTER:

Of course, now I have big holes where the license plate used to be But I figure I will change out the whole bumper when I get my ground effects this fall.

My thirst for more power and better sound led to installation of Kook’s 1 7/8” headers and Borla S Catback:

I would be remiss if I failed to mention I entered her in two car shows during this time period and came home with 1st prize in the 2000 and newer category for both shows…she was well deserving!

IVS Havoc rims were next! I honestly went back and forth on whether or not to get these or forged wheels. I decided for my budget and how I drive the car that these would work (for now). I have lots of mods on my list that I want to do before I shell out too much on wheels.

Then I added some black chrome bling to the trunk:

After 9 months of being deployed and away from my baby, I got right to work on mods as soon as I returned!!

Swapped out the chrome CAMARO script with Black Chrome script!

Installed ACS T3 front fascia!!! Painted by Gary's Customz...perfect paint match!!!

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 960x720.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 960x720.
After installing the fascia, we went to work on My B A S S!!!
Bad A$$ Sound System!!!

It still needs a few finishing cosmetic touches, but here is sneak preview of the install:

Installing dynamat:

which is pretty easy, yet monotonous work that definitely deserves a frosty beverage break!

Of course, cannot forget to dynamat the doors and install high pass filters in the speakers...thanks to my "sub contractors" -- my hubby Brian and his best friend Bryan! AKA "B Squared" LoL

Sub box with my 12" Infinity Kappy subs installed. Box is from ******** and had some issues!!! I will create a separate thread about that though!

Up close shot of the sub:

And the installed box....sounds friggin AWESOME!!!

Installed Roto-Fab Radiator Cover and Carbon Fiber Radiator Cover from West Coast Camaros:

Next came the MPD1 Z Force Hood, MPD1 Spoiler and a 1" drop!!!

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 960x640.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 960x640.

SPECIAL THANKS to Eric of MPD1 and Gary from Gary's Customz for their OUTSTANDING products and customer service!

Dec 11 -- So, drove to Texas to see Andy over at ADM Performance for a tune. I have to say I was impressed!! I was greeted immediately when I walked in the door and was welcomed into a pristine shop!! I'm telling you, you could have eaten off the floor in this place...FAR BEYOND the normal "10 second" rule!! Just seeing how they took care of their shop told me my car was in good hands!! Andy took the time to ensure everything was just right with my tune and he took the time to explain everything to me which I really appreciated!! While he was working his magic, one of his "resident" customers, Rick, and I had various conversations from the front of the car all the way to the rear from superchargers to gears! I departed the shop with a lot more knowledge, 18 more horses and a car that was VERY happy with her set up!! Although I am not sure what performance mod is next, I do know I'm looking forward to our next trip to see the guys at ADM Performance!!

Here's a look at my numbers:

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 960x698.
Now I plan on taking a break from mods and just enjoy the ride for a while!! -

Last edited by SSMOKINHOT; 05-12-2012 at 10:22 AM.
SSMOKINHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:36 PM   #2
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
WOW

Amazing Job!

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:40 PM   #3
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Great job Donna - glad to see you started this thread.
I've seen the pics posted in other threads of you working
on the car and that's just awesome......loved the one
with the big hair I'll look forward to the
rest of the mods......
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #4
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Very nice.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 06:46 PM   #5
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Awesome Donna !!

All's I can say is - It's about time you started your own build thread...

Sinister Scarlett is lookin' good just like her owner.

Now you can keep us up-to-date on all the goodies you do.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:52 PM   #6
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Donna, great job building your thread . Love RJT Sinister Scarlet, she's a beauty!! Nice sounding exhaust grrrrrowl!!

Btw, I was stationed at Myrtle Beach AFB in '85-87 and went TDY to Gunter, so when I saw your award it really brought back good memories. Congrats!!

Thank you for your service to us all, & please stay safe over there. Will you be able to get on the forum?
Old 04-09-2011, 08:13 PM   #7
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Very nice Donna!! Good to see another sweet RJT build thread.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 08:29 PM   #8
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Great job, awesome thread.
Old 04-09-2011, 09:16 PM   #9
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Donna

Looks great , wishing you all the very best from everyone here at The GM Oshawa Camaro Plant Team

Mike Judge
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:28 PM   #10
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Etc, etc, etc
Yup, you got it bad
Looking good!
Old 04-10-2011, 08:00 AM   #11
SSMOKINHOT
obseSSed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Thanks everyone for your comments so far! I am hoping to be able to get on here at least once in a while while I am in the desert but I am probably going to go through some serious withdrawals!!! From both my ride and this forum!! LoL!!!

A special shout out to Mike Judge and the Oshawa team!!! You guys are the BEST!!! Thanks again for blessing me with Litho #187!!

Old 04-10-2011, 08:11 AM   #12
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMOKINHOT View Post
Thanks everyone for your comments so far! I am hoping to be able to get on here at least once in a while while I am in the desert but I am probably going to go through some serious withdrawals!!! From both my ride and this forum!! LoL!!!

A special shout out to Mike Judge and the Oshawa team!!! You guys are the BEST!!! Thanks again for blessing me with Litho #187!!

That is awesome Donna. Mike has really gone above beyond to support the Camaro community and you have done the same with your service to our country.

You both deserve the highest of praise.
Old 04-10-2011, 08:13 AM   #13
Redskinfan72

Drives: Victory Red 2LT/RS
Beautiful Donna...you did an amazing job...Can't wait to see the pics of those wheels....they are sharp
Redskinfan72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 08:32 AM   #14
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
That is awesome Donna. Mike has really gone above beyond to support the Camaro community and you have done the same with your service to our country.

You both deserve the highest of praise.
I completely agree and grats Donna on your new career as a Camaro owner/mod fanatic hehe. It does get addicting but these cars are so fun to own, drive and mod.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote