Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 07-31-2014, 11:11 PM   #85
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go big or Go home View Post

The wheels look great! Can't wait to see them fully mounted and a full shot of the car! I'm beginning to think you just like keeping everyone in suspense haha!

I can see what you're saying with the color difference though. It's probably barely noticeable for most people, but since everything else on your car is perfect, I could see it driving you nuts. Is the place you got them powder coated from willing to match it better?
I do like building suspense since then people can but I did try to get this done before I left which I guess sort of happened minus the orange

Yeah in person most probably wouldn't notice a difference but it would bug me so much. I didn't get a response back from them before I left but since it's now August, I sent them another email attached with photos trying to see if they will and if so how much to redo the orange lip to make it exactly IOM since I can give them a can of the stuff too

Have plans for the brakes to pop along with the new wheels too
Old 08-01-2014, 11:16 AM   #86
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
I'm really liking it man! can't wait to see everything mounted up! Keep up the good work!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 01:03 AM   #87
Aequitas & Veritas

She turned 5 yesterday! Too bad I couldn't enjoy it, probably buy some stuff soon
Old 01-16-2015, 11:30 AM   #88
Aequitas & Veritas

Well my deployment is almost over! And you know what that means, a guy has to get a few things.

My wheels were redone to better match IOM, they do look better but I have not seen them in person and it was snowing when my parents picked them up for me so they did not put them next to the car but here is the only teaser that I was sent. My parents just don't understand my obsession with cars

And to complement them I ordered some black gorilla lugs from Apex Speed Motorsports!

Plus today ordered a bunch from Tyler at JDP Motorsports, a big shout out to Tyler as I always bounce idiotic questions off of him. And by far the best customer service a guy could ask for! Always treats me right and like a real car guy not just a money source for the company. Tyler I've never met you but I will buy you a beer if you're ever in my area!

Detroit speed Subframe/ cradle bushings
JDP Upper Control Arm Bushings
Detroit speed rear trailing arms
JDP Outer trailing arm bushings
Detroit speed toe links
Prothane front radius arm inserts
Elite Catch can-Silver
BMR endlink braces ELK009

I couldn't find the Pedders ZL1 style sway bars to work with my Supercars but I was able to grab the older FE3 Pedders bars from a member on here and those showed up to the house a few days ago.

27mm rear Swaybar, bushings and bracket
32mm rear Swaybar, bushings and OE bracket
Pedders old style endlinks with 12mm studs on both ends.

Also bought an ICEolator from a member on here for a steal as well and that will be put on.

I almost forgot that I did order the throttle controller as well, so that will go on when I get back too!

I setting up an appointment for my car to get everything installed and my dent fixed as well as my side gills painted

Lastly I am on Mike the Powder Coater's list to change out my calipers with some IOM calipers with White Brembo logos

She should look slightly more aggressive with the wider wheels and will handle a lot better than she did when I left!
Old 01-16-2015, 11:48 AM   #89
JDP Sales

It's been a pleasure helping you take your car to the next level, Geoff! Hopefully one day we can meet up and I'll take you up on that brewski! Camaro5fest???

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Old 02-13-2015, 02:48 AM   #90
Aequitas & Veritas

Well a bit has changed for the better since a month ago from my last update on here.

Let me explain how awesome Tyler is. I am still deployed so I am 9-10 hours ahead of everyone back in the states depending on the time zone, and I have bought a lot of parts from him over the years and have asked him so many questions throughout that timeline as well but for a part he was not even selling he still found an answer for me. Tyler saw that Tag was selling his Pedders ZL1 swaybars and sent me his info. So after a few communications I bought the Pedders ZL1 bars and those are on the way to my house.

Because of that I can now upgrade to FE4 in the rear in which I am ordering:

the Detroit Speed adjustable rear lower control arms, which should be to my house early next week.

Also placed my order for some Continental DWS 275/315 tires today and having those shipped to my body shop.

And if all goes according to plan I should have my car at my shop by the end of next weekend in preparation for my arrival back to the States.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:14 PM   #91
JDP Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aequitas & Veritas View Post
Well a bit has changed for the better since a month ago from my last update on here.

Let me explain how awesome Tyler is. I am still deployed so I am 9-10 hours ahead of everyone back in the states depending on the time zone, and I have bought a lot of parts from him over the years and have asked him so many questions throughout that timeline as well but for a part he was not even selling he still found an answer for me. Tyler saw that Tag was selling his Pedders ZL1 swaybars and sent me his info. So after a few communications I bought the Pedders ZL1 bars and those are on the way to my house.

Because of that I can now upgrade to FE4 in the rear in which I am ordering:

the Detroit Speed adjustable rear lower control arms, which should be to my house early next week.

Also placed my order for some Continental DWS 275/315 tires today and having those shipped to my body shop.

And if all goes according to plan I should have my car at my shop by the end of next weekend in preparation for my arrival back to the States.
Thanks for the kind words, Geoff.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Old 02-25-2015, 06:37 AM   #92
Aequitas & Veritas

Well she has been dropped off at my body shop!

And I am finally home! So I should have her back within a week! I need to call in the morning when they open to see what they say.
Old 03-07-2015, 09:21 PM   #93
Aequitas & Veritas

An update as some more things have changed since my last post.

My body shop was installing the DSE rear arms when they noticed that both of my rear supercars were blown and that the oil reservoirs are empty... And because Pedders is out of business. I had two options. Have them taken off and sent to the place I have seen float around the forum that can actually repair them, or buy a different set of coilovers.

With that in mind I was thinking either DSE or Ridetech. The DSE ones look fantastic however a little too pricey for my application. So onto the Ridetechs, and I do not see the need to go with the dual/triple adjustable coilovers again for my DD. So I was sold on the single adjustable Ridetechs mainly because of their insane 1,000,001 mile warranty. Hearing that and a few reviews from people who have them including JDPs track Camaro I placed my order.

While this was happening, everything else was being installed. And the last few things that are being completed is body work to fix a ding straight through to the metal in my door. She should be done this Wednesday. However, because of work I will not be able to pick her up until Friday afternoon or maybe Saturday morning depending on when I get off work on Friday (fingers crossed it's early.)

The KC Auto Show was this weekend as well in which I spent about three and a half hours there wandering with my best friend and his coworker. They had a new Shelby GT350 though the hood/trunk/doors were locked as it was a prototype, probably just the body of the GT350. This was the first time seeing the new gen Mustang and the front looks good, but the rear diffuser area is terrible in my opinion. However, it does look better on the GT350. Which is should as this is one of the top of the line models. I was hoping to see a GT350R but they did not have one. Nor the Ford Focus RS, which I really wanted to see as well.

I almost sold two different cars to buyers (a Chevy and a Range Rover) guess I know more about the cars than the dealers and people can tell how passionate I am when it comes to cars.

I also may have done the same thing I did in the 2009 KC Auto Show. But more on that later.

Hopefully, the next post will be picture filled with my car back in my possession!

Stay tuned!
Old 03-13-2015, 07:34 PM   #94
Aequitas & Veritas

Well I was able to pick her up today! Boy does she handle better than ever, beefier tires, all new suspension and new stiffer coil overs.

I got back when the sun was already mostly down so I did not have time to do a complete photoshoot and the full length of my car was shot with my phone the others with my D7100 and a 35mm prime. Let me know what you guys think!

A dirty engine bay is expected as I have not had my hands on my car in 10 months. But you can see the new coil over tops and the catch can. Cannot see the iceolator but it is there

And then in this one you can see the front sway.

Old 03-14-2015, 11:05 PM   #95
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Looking good!
Old 03-15-2015, 08:25 PM   #96
edster8912

Drives: 2010 Camaro Synergy Green
Great mods. Awesome transformation. looks like a totally different car.
edster8912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 08:03 PM   #97
Aequitas & Veritas

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Looking good!
Thanks man! It's been awhile, while deployed I fell out of the V6 thread and haven't checked back in a super long time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by edster8912 View Post
Great mods. Awesome transformation. looks like a totally different car.
Thanks! Yeah I see photos of it stock and I am shocked how far I have taken her so far!

Installed my throttle controller today after work as well. Tested it in Neutral and boy you can tell the difference from 0 to 9 immediately. I will play with it on the drive to work tomorrow as well.

I am shooting for a photo shoot tomorrow afternoon as well to get a lot more photos on here and better ones.

I will also detail the story on how I had to fix the entrance to my drive way but here is the baseline photo. I would scrap without this.

Old 03-17-2015, 10:56 AM   #98
JDP Sales

Looks SO good! Great work man!!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007