Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-23-2009, 05:39 AM   #85
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
Jesus you really cant help yourself can you. stop quoting me..if you dont like what i say stop reading my posts. i simply said that they posted in the item description that it gives an extra 20 hp..and i clearly said that im not sure if it does but it feels like it has a ton more power..thats all..you really need to give this shit a rest man..to put it shortly STOP FOLLOWING ME THROUGH THIS DAMNED FORUM.
So I take it that is a "no".... you have nothing to back up your "ton of power" claim....
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:29 AM   #86
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
nevermind, ill just say please quit following me around this forum and leave it at that.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:11 AM   #87
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
So I take it that is a "no".... you have nothing to back up your "ton of power" claim....
Scrming,

Why are being this way? I do not see the point of a dyno for every little mod that is done. I think his purpose was to INFORM people of his mods, ain't that what this forum is about, INFORMATION. If you don't like it or believe it then that is fine but it's like you are being a jerk.

I have seen alot of people post things here that seem a little skeptical but hey it's their car, Seems like the Beast is just doing what everyone else is doing, modding their car and posting what they are doing and the purported claims by the manufactor.

I don't think the designer of this website intended it to be a place to dog people out or belittle them. I am not a technical person and do like people posting their mods or products on this forum, whether I buy them or not is entirely up to me, but if people do what you do some will be a little less likely to post, So please stop the BS. Thanks
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:38 AM   #88
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jekel View Post
Scrming,

Why are being this way? I do not see the point of a dyno for every little mod that is done. I think his purpose was to INFORM people of his mods, ain't that what this forum is about, INFORMATION. If you don't like it or believe it then that is fine but it's like you are being a jerk.

I have seen alot of people post things here that seem a little skeptical but hey it's their car, Seems like the Beast is just doing what everyone else is doing, modding their car and posting what they are doing and the purported claims by the manufactor.

I don't think the designer of this website intended it to be a place to dog people out or belittle them. I am not a technical person and do like people posting their mods or products on this forum, whether I buy them or not is entirely up to me, but if people do what you do some will be a little less likely to post, So please stop the BS. Thanks
If you post that a mod gave you "a ton of power" than you should expect to be asked to show some sort of proof... It's not BS... Would you react the same way if I said I added a bunch of stickers to my car and added 50 HP...
Old 09-23-2009, 08:52 AM   #89
Mohrg Beast
TURBO HUNTER!!!

Drives: 2010 Camaro Lt Vin #1974
well when the day comes that stickers do indeed give extra power then umm no i still wont ask to see dyno test for the result cause i wouldnt really care come to think of it..its my opinion like i stated before that the mod gave it a ton more power cause, lets see, im the driver. and any good driver would know if something adds or takes away from their car..not that you could tell. i guess thats why i dont need papers or dealers to tell me what i think. but would be cool to get a lighting bolt sticker that adds +10 dmg, i mean hp to the car..damned dungeons and dragons again.
Mohrg Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:01 AM   #90
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohrg Beast View Post
well when the day comes that stickers do indeed give extra power then umm no i still wont ask to see dyno test for the result cause i wouldnt really care come to think of it..its my opinion like i stated before that the mod gave it a ton more power cause, lets see, im the driver. and any good driver would know if something adds or takes away from their car..not that you could tell. i guess thats why i dont need papers or dealers to tell me what i think. but would be cool to get a lighting bolt sticker that adds +10 dmg, i mean hp to the car..damned dungeons and dragons again.
"added a ton of power" is not an opinion.... you are stating it as a fact. For all you know it could have been a change in the weather that made the improvement in your car... A change in the weather can be the difference between a 6.0 second 0-60 run and a 5.6 second 0-60 run....

Unless you measure things you have no way of knowing if some thing actually improves or not...
Old 09-23-2009, 09:22 AM   #91
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Woah woah woah.

Guys - is it really worth getting worked up over?

Mohrg - Scrming was just trying to point out that there's no dyno results to support your claims (yet ) in case a casual viewer happened across this thread and took everything they read as fact. Its nothing against you personally. A lot of air intake companies claim +20 horspower because they take the highest power gain at any point in the curve, when at the peak its really only +3 or even a loss of power. Now, power under the curve is still good, but those ads can be a bit misleading.

Scrming - You're right. But is being right worth continuing an argument and marring an otherwise outstanding thread?

I'm not a mod, but can we please just keep things civil?
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:25 AM   #92
transfrmn
Imperial Blue LT2/RS

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Camaro
yo guys stop fighting before a mod rolls up in here and slaps you both, just take it that scrming is a quantitative guy and mohrg beast is a qualitative guy. Besides its safe to assume take the addition of a CAI is going to add something maybe not a TON but its a crappy product if it doesn't add some HP to the car lol
transfrmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:47 AM   #93
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthos View Post
Woah woah woah.

Guys - is it really worth getting worked up over?

Mohrg - Scrming was just trying to point out that there's no dyno results to support your claims (yet ) in case a casual viewer happened across this thread and took everything they read as fact. Its nothing against you personally. A lot of air intake companies claim +20 horspower because they take the highest power gain at any point in the curve, when at the peak its really only +3 or even a loss of power. Now, power under the curve is still good, but those ads can be a bit misleading.

Scrming - You're right. But is being right worth continuing an argument and marring an otherwise outstanding thread?

I'm not a mod, but can we please just keep things civil?
- X
Actually i'm being incredibly civil considering I was called a jerk...

Are we so Politically Correct in this place that I can't ask for some one to prove their claims? So people can post what ever they want and we have to accept it as the truth because we are not allowed to question them?
Old 09-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #94
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by transfrmn View Post
yo guys stop fighting before a mod rolls up in here and slaps you both, just take it that scrming is a quantitative guy and mohrg beast is a qualitative guy. Besides its safe to assume take the addition of a CAI is going to add something maybe not a TON but its a crappy product if it doesn't add some HP to the car lol
There are in fact a lot of CRAPPY products out there... a lot of them do not add anything... like turbonators and throttle body spacers... LOL
Old 09-23-2009, 10:11 AM   #95
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
Jerk: To move in a sudden or quick motion.
Jerk: A rude person.
IDK, maybe, just maybe he was complimenting you.
I doubt it though.
I did Martial arts for years and when the Internet came along, it changed how I viewed MA. People were talking about live training in the modern vs traditional arts training. Practicing moves against a resisting partner is called live training. This really was the only way to see what really works. It got a lot of people mad and several met up and fought each other. I was one of those who got mad by how the live training proponents would talk on the net. They would put down the traditional arts. I now believe what they were saying was true after training with it, how they were saying it was what people were pissed.
The same is with the dyno or the track. It is live training. It is what is real and not perceived.
For what it is worth. I have seen a lot of traditional guys get their butts kicked by guys who did the live training. There is a saying in the martial arts, Use what works. Live training proves what works. The dyno and track proves what works.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:13 AM   #96
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Actually i'm being incredibly civil considering I was called a jerk...

Are we so Politically Correct in this place that I can't ask for some one to prove their claims? So people can post what ever they want and we have to accept it as the truth because we are not allowed to question them?
I understand. Like I said - I completly agree with your point of view.

But sometimes one just has to be the bigger man, you know?

Ok - with that I'm done getting involved. We're all adults here. I was just trying to put things from an outside perspective. Mohrg feels like his mod gave him a good boost, and is happy with it. There's no numerical data to prove that. Personally, I agree with using numerical data to back up what you feel is happening with a mod. But I look at it like this: When a cop spots you speeding, he must first see you speeding, then use the radar gun to get comfirmation. Either one alone isn't as concrete. With mods I feel the same way - dyno graphs are great for substantiating what you feel, but in the end its the seat of the pants improvements that make your car more fun to drive.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:15 AM   #97
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
I was surprised at how many thought their Camaros were faster after an oil change. Co-workers who thought that their trucks got better mpg with their tail gate down ( it gets worse as it creates drag). And, I was shocked when someone bought magnets to align the fuel molecules going into the engine to get better mpg.
With that said, Mhorg was giving a seat of the pants evaluation. Take it for what it is worth. It was his opinion and everyone has one.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:47 AM   #98
TIE FIGHTR
Cousin of Foo

Drives: 2010 2LT RS BLACK/BEIGE
I just read all these bickering posts thinking that someone might have answered my question inbetween all the posturing...but no.

So I'll ask again. I really would appreciate some input from enthusiasts who have actually added the factory exhaust upgrade kit (GM#92206990) and the air box (GM#92212304) to their V6 before I add $1500 to my order. Does it truly make that much of a power difference to be of value?

and Beast, Thank You for your opinion and feedback on your air box add on.

"Can't we all just get along?" ~ Rodney King
TIE FIGHTR is offline   Reply With Quote