Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 03:31 PM   #85
2010 2-Tone

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS with Custom Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 302 Wild Mouse View Post
If you build us another Camaro, I will not buy the car if you dont offer a solid rear axle .

Currently own a 2004 GTO and I will never buy another "muscle car" with independent rear suspension. Bad wheel hop, and NO whole shot!! Radically stiff rear shocks on the GTO are lousy for driving. The poor independent suspension makes the car ride like a go-cart in the rear. The stiff shocks were obviously the attempt to reduce the bad wheel hop - but it doesnt work. It only rides hard.

MY 69 Z was THE car. We all buy these cars to do a little "DragRacing" and at the track the Goat wont hook-up.

Go back to the old style of building a car. Let us choose what options we want so all the cars have their "special" look or options.

When I "ordered" my 69. It was was one of a few that had "deleted" options. I ordered the car with the "front air dam" deleted and the "rear spoiler" deleted. Ordered 410 gears, Vinyl Roof, upgraded interior, delete guages. I never seen another one like it.

If GM is planning on only building 100,000 of these they better make it so we can order one that is as special now, as it was then. IN 69 I recall there were almost 480,000 built. Then they killed the car by running a new ugly body style, and called it a 70 and a half! It was the EDSEL of the 70's.

Build two versions. One with a performance package "solid axle rear end differential" and the other junk independent rear suspension. Otherwise I'll be one of the first generation Z owners, that won't buy the new model.

I leased the GTO with the intention of buying it, if I liked it. I don't, so I will turn it in next year in Oct 2007.

I Will BUY a new Z IF the suspension is right. But if its the same as the GTO. Not interested!!!

Learn from your mistakes GM. Don't take this YOUNG generation for granted by building a car that can't be drag-raced on weekends! Otherwise you will end up with every one you build with poor resale value, just like the overpriced GTO's! AND the Camaro will die again!

GIVE us who know better - what we want! We dont buy cars in AMERICA with big horsepower to ride to church! On SUNDAYS were on our way to the TRACK!

Get it?
Wild Mouse, I have to ask-what car are you driving. It must not be the same one that I am. I have NO bad wheel hop. I have a very good ride quality. I have a very good launch, 2.0 60ft with 36 psi in the stock rear tires. I have heard of a couple of cars on this forum that have had some of these problems but out of the thousands of cars only some are having these problems. I am very pleased with the engineering of this car as is alot of other forum members. Just saying!!!
Old 05-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #86
Berean

Drives: Truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post

We COULD individuallyu build 100,000 Camaros a year and 'customize' them in terms of options for each person - BUT -- the sad fact is that the price of the car would go up by at least $10K - -- trust me - I know of what I speak...

Example: If we were to offer "manual" (crank) windows, we would have to engineer two different lift mechanisms - then we would have to produce different door trim panels - -all of which adds cost.....a lot of cost. And how many people do you suppose would want a crank driver's window?

Thanks for replying but I think the OP is long gone.

As to my point in this thread, what I'd like to see is NOT what you're describing above.

I'm not asking for options (live axle, crank windows, etc.) which are not part of the Camaro portfolio.

What I'm asking is why we can't add or delete options which are already part of the portfolio?

i.e., what if I want a leather steering wheel on a 1LT without all the other C&C options? There's no extra development costs associated with that and you could easily charge enough on an individual basis to cover the extra assembly line supervision that it would take to do this.

On the reverse side, why can't I order a 1SS with power seat delete, spoiler delete, fog lamp delete, etc.

It costs nothing as far as development goes to be able to do that, only extra order supervision on the assembly line.

I realize GM (and all auto companies) want to maximize profit by offering "packages" to force people to buy a couple of things they don't want, in order to get the stuff they do want. However, I don't see why you can't offer options (or option deletes) on an individual basis per model within the portfolio of options available for that model.
Old 05-19-2010, 03:48 PM   #87
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE

Let's try to stop reviving old threads like this.
Seriously, it's about 4 years old.

Closed Thread