Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-06-2014, 11:29 AM   #15
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
I ordered this for my DD, no garage queen here! I like having fun from point A to point B!
Attached Images

Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:38 AM   #16
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Haven't been in mine in 3 weeks. Might try to take it out next week, though.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:48 PM   #17
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
I'm retired so mine's a go anywhere, anytime cruiser.

Last edited by benji276289; 05-06-2014 at 01:04 PM.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:26 PM   #18
Oozing Machismo

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro RS L1
I hear ya. This is my first post as a member of this forum. I just bought my 2011 Camaro RS less than a week ago and absolutely love it. It is my daily driver. I know I may sound crazy but this is my primary car. On nice sunny days, I flip a coin whether to drive my Camaro or to take out my old Jeep Wrangler and drive around top and doorless. I guess I am not a big fan of gas mileage.
Oozing Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:33 PM   #19
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
have never gotten the compliments with this Camaro with any other car I have owned and I have owned about ten different cars in my adult life, not even close, you could roll the compliments for all of them and that wouldn't equal the amount of them I get from owning a Camaro!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:39 PM   #20
MLAZ1990

Drives: 2012 black camaro 2LS
Use to hate driving to work in my dads car. Now that I have my Camaro, I can't with to drive to work! But when I enter the building I'm pretty bummed...
SLP Loud Mouth 1 Exhaust, K&N CAI, RS Headlights, NightOwl V2 halo kit, ZL1 Grille, Custom 2LS Emblems, Green Footwells, GM GFX splitter, Ace Alloy Convex All Matte Black Wheels(20x9 & 20x10.5) wrapped in Toyo Proxe STII(255/45/20 & 295/40/20)
MLAZ1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 09:42 PM   #21
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Mine is a DD. I have been blessed with special parking and work from home on snowy days. I like the rides to and from. I still get excited to drive it.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:52 PM   #22
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
My car is only a weekend toy, too! I look forward to every weekend or day off! I wouldn't dare drive my camaro to my job! Because I would hurt some if they put a ding or scratch on the Camaro! It would be. causing too much attention, too! Which I don't want at work! But I do wish that I was driving the camaro, when I see other ppl driving there's!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:01 PM   #23
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
I spent ten years loving my car... it wasn't a rocketship, but it was mine and I loved it. It was a 2002 Monte Carlo SS "Intimidator" Edition, and as a rabid fan of Earnhardt, it very much fit me. As time would pass, the car became infested with rust and mechanical issues that surpassed the value of the car (monetarily, not emotionally- part of me still wanted to rebuild it from the ground up...) Working for the railroad, my time at home is little, and precious... I decided restoring the Monte simply didn't make sense, regardless of my connection to the car. I considered purchasing a Cruze for something good on gas, or maybe even an Impala... but for me, I looked at it differently... if I were going to have a car payment, I wanted something that I WANTED to drive. I drive an hour to work, so I spend a fair amount of time in my car, and my typically 70-80 hours a week keep me away from home, but afford me the opportunity to pretty much buy whatever I wanted... the wife ruled out the Corvette because of the little one... (I guess it's frowned upon to let them sit on your lap... thanks a lot, Bin Laden)... so enter the Camaro.

Bottom line, I wanted to enjoy the long-ish drive to work, and if I was going to have a car payment, I wanted to feel like it was worth having.

A year later I still turn to look at it after I park, and when I set down in the driver's seat... I feel something more than I do when I hop in my pick-up truck... it's an entire experience.

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 10:06 PM   #24
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruHop View Post
I am with you. Seems frustrating to sit idling at a light to only move forward to the next light. i drive mine weekends only and look forward to doing so. In addition to the fact that door dings are a strong possibility where I work. 2 door POS Honda Civic is my sacrifical DD. really makes you appreciate the Camaro.
If it's a pos why didn't you get a different DD? civics are great little cars.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:11 PM   #25
Rangore

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS 45th Anniversary Ed
I DD mine...I love it too much to NOT drive it.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:15 PM   #26
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
So when you turn your Camaro on does it return the favor? I think we all agree that it does.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:59 AM   #27
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangore View Post
I DD mine...I love it too much to NOT drive it.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:44 PM   #28
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Est.July.4.1776 View Post
I spent ten years loving my car... it wasn't a rocketship, but it was mine and I loved it. It was a 2002 Monte Carlo SS "Intimidator" Edition, and as a rabid fan of Earnhardt, it very much fit me. As time would pass, the car became infested with rust and mechanical issues that surpassed the value of the car (monetarily, not emotionally- part of me still wanted to rebuild it from the ground up...) Working for the railroad, my time at home is little, and precious... I decided restoring the Monte simply didn't make sense, regardless of my connection to the car. I considered purchasing a Cruze for something good on gas, or maybe even an Impala... but for me, I looked at it differently... if I were going to have a car payment, I wanted something that I WANTED to drive. I drive an hour to work, so I spend a fair amount of time in my car, and my typically 70-80 hours a week keep me away from home, but afford me the opportunity to pretty much buy whatever I wanted... the wife ruled out the Corvette because of the little one... (I guess it's frowned upon to let them sit on your lap... thanks a lot, Bin Laden)... so enter the Camaro.

Bottom line, I wanted to enjoy the long-ish drive to work, and if I was going to have a car payment, I wanted to feel like it was worth having.

A year later I still turn to look at it after I park, and when I set down in the driver's seat... I feel something more than I do when I hop in my pick-up truck... it's an entire experience.
I had the Dale Jr signature series with supercharger, my 2012 and my new vert would run circles around it, my wife really had a hard time trying to keep up with me in it........man it pissed her off too......
I too loved that car, but it bscame a basket case and wasnt worth keepin, nothing but problems with that car.......
My wife traded it in on a Jeep Wrangler, and hasnt looked back since........heading out to trade it in on the Jeep the Montes heater core decided to give my feet a bath, we turned around and got to our driveway wgere I could work on it, I disconnected tbe larger hose to the heater core and connected it to tbe smaller hose connection(basically bybassed the core and looped it back to the engine) slammed the hood shut and said"lets get this piece of crap to tbe dealer and trade it in before something else goes wrong!"
Im still surprised I still wanted a Chevy when I got my Camaro, but these things are built with a higher quality ynen those Montes.........there is really no comparison.........