Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 04-04-2013, 06:48 AM   #43
classicrockr
Pills are for Pansies

Drives: 2023 2SS Red Hot Vert Camaro
Many people keep stating the release date for the "new top mechanism" was June 27th. I had the mechanism & top material replaced on 12 June - the dealer told me "this is the new one - we got it ahead of release schedule".
How do I know this is true?

It took 8 months for the top to start flapping against the storage well frame & wearing a hole in the material. I just had the 3rd fabric top put on; there's a 2" space between the material & the frame right now (when the top is down), but what's to stop it from sliding back over time & start flapping against the storage well frame again?

Did the "new mechanism" fix this problem? If so, then I may not have gotten the new one...

All in all, I still love this car & am trying not to let the inconvenience of 45 days of shop time cause me to let GM buy it back; I should have an answer from the lemon law lawyers in about 3 weeks.
classicrockr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #44
SSTOKED

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Thanks for the tips. I'll definitely keep an eye on mine over the summer. Maybe I'll take periodic measurements of the gap. I know nothing about a new mechanism other than more tension chords with the new fabric. As fa as I know, all I have is the updated 5th bow.
Complete rebirth 8/27/2012 (new 6/27/2012 revision top installed, new carpet, new tonneau cover and new third brake light)

MODS:
Solo Performance Exhaust: Axle Back with J-Pipes
SSTOKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #45
C586
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Yea. Phil is a service writer. He is balding. Steve was my tech too. I personally wouldn't let him work on my lawn mower. He had dropped a gear out of my trans and showed me 3rd gear which was actually a syncro not a gear at all. Totally unimpressed. I'm glad you got your car done well though. If you want to join a local car club check out Roclife.org. We have a ton of fast cars. Alot of imports but a good mix and alot of decent car people. We do cruises and get togethers. We have a cruise to the Glenn setup already.
C586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 08:51 AM   #46
vf454
Ruby Camaro

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJM Vert
nice write up