Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-07-2015, 04:29 PM   #1
SliverSurfer

Drives: Summit White 2014 1LT
Magnaflow Round Mufflers

I know some Camaro owners have custom Magnaflow exhaust systems.

Does anyone have a system with the Magnaflow round mufflers? If so, what muffler diameter (4 in, 5 in, 6 in, or 7 in) and length? What how does it sound?
SliverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:02 AM   #2
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I had some magnaflow round I think they were 4" round by 14" long. They didn't work at all, they created a lot of drone. I ended up taking them off and running straight pipe with the magnaflow resonated xpipe, which has less drone. It must have been the angle they were mounted or something but they definitely created drone.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:42 PM   #3
SliverSurfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
I had some magnaflow round I think they were 4" round by 14" long. They didn't work at all, they created a lot of drone. I ended up taking them off and running straight pipe with the magnaflow resonated xpipe, which has less drone. It must have been the angle they were mounted or something but they definitely created drone.

Thanks.

I've got a couple different directions I've been thinking of going.
Old 02-09-2015, 02:06 AM   #4
eoupions
Account Suspended

Drives: camaro
well, It must have been the angle they were mounted or something but they definitely created drone.thanks
eoupions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 11:08 AM   #5
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Don't use them. Like the guy above me said, they drone like hell. I'm getting mine taken off.
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:46 PM   #6
SliverSurfer

Thanks all!

All the Magnaflow oval mufflers sound pretty smooth and have a nice rumble to them. I'm thinking the direction I may go is to get a set of Magnaflow oval mufflers and have those put on the stock pipes...hoping I can salvage the stock tips. Just need to find a decent place to put them on. Also pondering having the stock resonators removed...not sure though. One step at a time!
Old 02-09-2015, 08:54 PM   #7
Chevrolade
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I have round magnaflows 5inch round body 3" inlet outlet 14" long
Sounds mean!!
Chevrolade is offline   Reply With Quote