Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 01-15-2018, 04:56 AM   #15
inglopez19

Drives: Camaro 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroJim56 View Post
Looks great, i'd consider putting a heritage grille on it.
I got the zl1 front now ! Thanks for the advice tho, the grille that i used to had it was beat up.
inglopez19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 07:31 AM   #16
sbubbaklein

Drives: early 2011 Camaro convertible
looks really nice

Early 2011 LT Convertible, ZL1 bumper, hood, side skirts, belly pan and wheels, Truecarbon ECF hood extractor, K&N CAI, Elite catch can, Big Worm Bow Tie emblems, Jacfab bracket, Vitesse TC, BMR strut brace, BMR tunnel brace, NPP exhaust
sbubbaklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 02:35 PM   #17
vailskier3
6spd

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
i love chemical guys stuff. looks so money.

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - Cold Air Inductions - HPTuners
2007 Grand Prix - SOLD
vailskier3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:03 AM   #18
Sarahaw

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarahaw
Nice work. I also love the Chemical Guys CWS_301 Citrus Wash and Gloss
Sarahaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:47 AM   #19
Deputy347k9

Drives: 2014 Ashen Gray Convertible
Sometime ago I was introduced to the "Cyclo" orbital polisher and that detailing for me. I was always afraid of using polishers as I have seen so many friends go through the clear coat or even the paint it's self.

With the duel head Cyclo it is nearly impossible to damage the paint, I guess you could drop the machine onto the hood and that would do it for sure! When I first purchased I used the Cyclo on my black 96 Impala that was showing some minor to medium scratches in the trunk lid as well as the ram air hood. I was able to remove them though it took a fair amount of time.

When I ordered mine I was able to request a 25' cord which makes life easier. At least twice yearly I will go over my Ashen Gray Metallic Camaro with the Cyclo then I hand wax quite often.

Gosh I love it when my Camaro is looking her finest!
Old 03-25-2018, 11:34 AM   #20
Sarahaw

Drives: Camaro ZL1
Send a message via Skype™ to Sarahaw
A lot of science goes into washing a car and it’s good to keep abreast. Splashing your car with dish wash soap solution or any other run off the mill car wash soap corrodes your car paint and finish and of course your intention was not to wash your car into a jalopy.
What happens is that such soaps may have the wrong pH and other chemical compounds that react with your auto finish thus wearing it off. It may also contain rough beads that will grind your car paint and finish.
The factors to look out for in when searching for the best soap for washing car include;
Foaming
The soap should erupt into a thick and long lasting foam once diluted to with water to the recommended ratio. This will help it lift the dirt and grime elements from their hideouts in the car surface and suspend them for easy cleaning without the need for heavy scrubbing. It should also be fast penetrating for this efficiency.
pH balance
An acidic car wash shampoo will corrode your car wax, paint, clear coat, sealants and other finish thus degrading your car’s class and style within no time.
On the other hand, a wash that is pH balanced will neutralize the environmental pollutants, minimizing their harm while being gentle on your car exterior works.
Biodegradable ingredients
For your current best interests and those of your generations to come, it is important to take care of Mother Nature that we’ve hurt for far too long. Go for plant based wash soaps such as the citrus based Chemical Guys CWS_301. They perform as good as or even better than detergents and yet they disintegrate as soon as they hit the ground.
Recommended dilution
The thicker the car wash soap, the less it takes to dilute a gallon of water and thus it will last longer. This is better for your pocket and most of the heavier ones have proved to foam better.
Waterless soap
You may not want to convert your drive way into a swamp every time you wash your vehicle and of course such a waste of water is not in line with the environmental sustainability message emphasized above. There are some rich polymers such as Optimum NR2010Q that even when in a wet towel, they are able to grab the dirt off your car surface thus saving you the water for rinsing. However, these soaps are best used for a regular touch-up and not major cleaning of baked grime and tar.
Sarahaw is offline   Reply With Quote