Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 06-06-2013, 08:02 AM   #155
tcalh1

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Dealership - Larry Puckett Chevrolet in Prattville, Alabama.
Great service department.
The sale couldn't have been easier. They beat a dealership price that was 15 miles away by $1500. At first, they were beating the price by $1000. Then the salesman told me to hold on while he checked on something. He came back with the other $500 off. I have never had a better car buying experience.
tcalh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:09 AM   #156
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Oh then Jake Sweeney is a class act for service . Definitely green

I can't comment on Rodgers Chevy Service
Awesome thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcalh1 View Post
Dealership - Larry Puckett Chevrolet in Prattville, Alabama.
Great service department.
The sale couldn't have been easier. They beat a dealership price that was 15 miles away by $1500. At first, they were beating the price by $1000. Then the salesman told me to hold on while he checked on something. He came back with the other $500 off. I have never had a better car buying experience.
Any experience with their service department?
Old 06-06-2013, 09:02 AM   #157
tcalh1

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Awesome thank you

Any experience with their service department?
Excellent service department.
They have a brand new building. Very friendly people that know their stuff. The last time I took my car in, they fed me breakfast.
tcalh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:22 AM   #158
PSUsupaman

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by crateish View Post
I don't know how to rate Bergey's Chevrolet in PA for this, but they told me that the ONLY tires available for my 2LT RS are the P Zeros they came with.

I asked them about all-season replacements, just out of curiosity. I wasn't really planning to buy from them, because I thought it would be too expensive. I did not expect them to not have an alternative. They wouldn't even acknowledge that they were 'summer tires.'

Weird.

Otherwise, they were fine. They fixed a squeak in my windshield that started happening when it got cold. They've changed my oil successfully.
Been dealing with Bergey's Dealerships all my life...I have purchased over 12 vehicles from them to date. All my vehicles are serviced at their locations as well. I would definitely rate them a "Dealership". Family owned and operated and very friendly. They have fixed every problem that I have ever found and I have never felt over charged or under-appreciated.

As for the tire issue...you're right...they definitely like to stick with stock. I had a Jeep that I wanted to put some Bridgestone Dueler Revos on and their tech looked at me funny when I asked about them. I think they (like most) service centers get better deals on certain tires and that is what they want to push. Anyway long story short, I ordered the tires online and brought them back to him to install. When I came to pick the Jeep up, he said to me..."wow, they are one awesome looking tire" and said to let him know how they work out because he will definitely recommend them to others.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:45 AM   #159
SgtPickles69
Team LFX

Drives: Fast
Vara Chevrolet in San Antonio, Texas.
I bought some AAC H13 HOD bulbs which ended up melting the plug and harness to where the bulbs connect to. I went there and they said they would repair and replace them at no cost to me (even if it was my fault). I dropped my car off early the next day and I got a quick turn around. They even replaced them for some higher quality plugs! This is my only experience with them but I would definitely go there again.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:02 PM   #160
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Lou Bachrodt Chev - Pompano Beach
So far very happy with their service - I really value people who will answer email and Jeremy, the serv advisor I was intro'd to on delivery - has been quick to turn around 2 emails I sent him regarding things on my new car that I was not sure of. Also, very quick to sched me for a oil change when I am ready, and promises 30 min turnaround. So far so good.

Patrick - my sales contact - has also been quick to return calls regarding some incoming accessories and paperwork.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #161
luis550

Drives: 2013 2lt
All american Chebrolet of Odessa
I love my dealership! i went to get my windows tinted yesterday, when i got my car back i noticed they had filled up my gas tank!
luis550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:15 AM   #162
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Loren Berg Chevrolet Newberg, OR I have purchased 3 new vehicles including my Camaro from them over the last 8 years and had them all serviced there, they treat me like family.

Harbor Chevrolet Michigan City, IN Just purchase a 2013 Duramax 3500HD Dually from them trading in a 2500HD Duramax and my '06 Colorado. One of the worst experience ever with a dealer. The salesman agreed to take the 5th wheel hitch out of the old truck for me but later said they couldn't do it without removing the bed. Since he practically begged for a perfect review during the buying process I told him th e hitch was installed without removing the bed, the hardware will come out with removing it. When I left the other day I told him get the hardware and he will get his review.

He called me the next day telling me it would take 3 shop hours to get the hardware off and I would have to pay for it. I said forget your review, I will come take the hardware off myself and it won't take anywhere near 3 hours. I went yesterday morning and had it off in 35 minutes. Had I known the trick and how it was installed, it would have taken less than 5 minutes. I saw him when I went through the showroom when I was leaving. I ignored him since I was pretty pissed about his attempt to extort more money out of me and their lack of effort or know how. I later replied to his follow up e-mail in a pretty negative way. He will get a negative review.

Last edited by CWI; 06-09-2013 at 06:30 AM.
CWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #163
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Lou Bachrodt Chev - Pompano Beach
So far very happy with their service - I really value people who will answer email and Jeremy, the serv advisor I was intro'd to on delivery - has been quick to turn around 2 emails I sent him regarding things on my new car that I was not sure of. Also, very quick to sched me for a oil change when I am ready, and promises 30 min turnaround. So far so good.

Patrick - my sales contact - has also been quick to return calls regarding some incoming accessories and paperwork.
Added
Quote:
Originally Posted by luis550 View Post
All american Chebrolet of Odessa
I love my dealership! i went to get my windows tinted yesterday, when i got my car back i noticed they had filled up my gas tank!
Can you go into more detail?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUsupaman View Post
Been dealing with Bergey's Dealerships all my life...I have purchased over 12 vehicles from them to date. All my vehicles are serviced at their locations as well. I would definitely rate them a "Dealership". Family owned and operated and very friendly. They have fixed every problem that I have ever found and I have never felt over charged or under-appreciated.

As for the tire issue...you're right...they definitely like to stick with stock. I had a Jeep that I wanted to put some Bridgestone Dueler Revos on and their tech looked at me funny when I asked about them. I think they (like most) service centers get better deals on certain tires and that is what they want to push. Anyway long story short, I ordered the tires online and brought them back to him to install. When I came to pick the Jeep up, he said to me..."wow, they are one awesome looking tire" and said to let him know how they work out because he will definitely recommend them to others.
Added, thank you much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcalh1 View Post
Excellent service department.
They have a brand new building. Very friendly people that know their stuff. The last time I took my car in, they fed me breakfast.
Added
Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtPickles69 View Post
Vara Chevrolet in San Antonio, Texas.
I bought some AAC H13 HOD bulbs which ended up melting the plug and harness to where the bulbs connect to. I went there and they said they would repair and replace them at no cost to me (even if it was my fault). I dropped my car off early the next day and I got a quick turn around. They even replaced them for some higher quality plugs! This is my only experience with them but I would definitely go there again.
added them to the list
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWI View Post
Loren Berg Chevrolet Newberg, OR I have purchased 3 new vehicles including my Camaro from them over the last 8 years and had them all serviced there, they treat me like family.

Harbor Chevrolet Michigan City, IN Just purchase a 2013 Duramax 3500HD Dually from them trading in a 2500HD Duramax and my '06 Colorado. One of the worst experience ever with a dealer. The salesman agreed to take the 5th wheel hitch out of the old truck for me but later said they couldn't do it without removing the bed. Since he practically begged for a perfect review during the buying process I told him th e hitch was installed without removing the bed, the hardware will come out with removing it. When I left the other day I told him get the hardware and he will get his review.

He called me the next day telling me it would take 3 shop hours to get the hardware off and I would have to pay for it. I said forget your review, I will come take the hardware off myself and it won't take anywhere near 3 hours. I went yesterday morning and had it off in 35 minutes. Had I known the trick and how it was installed, it would have taken less than 5 minutes. I saw him when I went through the showroom when I was leaving. I ignored him since I was pretty pissed about his attempt to extort more money out of me and their lack of effort or know how. I later replied to his follow up e-mail in a pretty negative way. He will get a negative review.
Added them to the list, thanks for the detailed post

sorry I fell a bit behind on this guys - kind of going through some crap so aren't on as much as I'd like to be.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:49 PM   #164
20131LS

Drives: '14 1LT/RS
Pellegrino Chevrolet Westville,NJ

Had a front end vibration at highway speed in my 2008 Malibu so I took it in for service. Was told it was fixed. It wasn't. Took the car back and they looked at it again. Told me it was tires. So I put 2 new tires on the front. Still had the vibration, so I took it back. The service rep told me I must have gotten a bad set of tires so I replaced them again. Still not fixed. This time I was told it was a bad lot of tires. So I upgraded from the stock Michelins to Yokohamas. Still not fixed. So the service rep takes the wheels and tires from another Malibu they had on the lot and has them put on my car. We go for a ride and the vibration is still there. At first he says he can't feel it, so I go a bit faster (80ish) and then he felt it and tells me that it is normal. At that point I had enough. Not only did i put out alot of money in tires, they wouldn't give me a loaner!!! I took the car to Mall Chevy in Cherry Hill, NJ. I took the service manager for a ride and he noticed it right away. He insisted I leave the car there and got me a loaner. I told him i was going on vacation and would be back in a week. He told me to keep the loaner as long as I needed and to pick up my car when I got back from vacation. They tore the front end apart and replaced the front axels and cv joints, ball joints and some other suspension components. $2200 job all covered under warranty.

2013 1LS SW Hugger Orange Rally stripes
Elite catch can
Emblempros LS emblems and gill stripes: Traded 5/20/14
20131LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #165
Mersades
Web Geek Chick & NHRA fan

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJM
Champion Chevrolet, Reno, NV
I have not bought from them and do not plan on returning to their lot thanks to bad experinces the two times I did visit. The first time I was with my mom and Uncle who were car shopping. My mom asked for them to unlock a vehicle so she could look at the interior and they refused. The second time on their lot I was shopping for my first brand new vehicle. I test drove a couple vehicles, discussed numbers on one, and ultimately left my contact information as the car was a serious consideration. I ended up buying a Saturn, however, and later that afternoon the salesman from Champion called to touch base. When I informed him that I had purchased the Saturn, he actually began to insult me for my decision... Saying how stupid/uneducated of a choice I had made, I didn't know anything about cars, etc etc. the salesman was so rude (and I was told he was the best/head sales guy) that I still have a bad taste in my mouth.

Michael Hohl GM, Carson City, NV
This is where I purchased my Camaro from. They have been very good to me so far... Fair on price for my purchase and trade in, and also quick to answer any requests/questions that I've had in the year since.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #166
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20131LS View Post
Pellegrino Chevrolet Westville,NJ

Had a front end vibration at highway speed in my 2008 Malibu so I took it in for service. Was told it was fixed. It wasn't. Took the car back and they looked at it again. Told me it was tires. So I put 2 new tires on the front. Still had the vibration, so I took it back. The service rep told me I must have gotten a bad set of tires so I replaced them again. Still not fixed. This time I was told it was a bad lot of tires. So I upgraded from the stock Michelins to Yokohamas. Still not fixed. So the service rep takes the wheels and tires from another Malibu they had on the lot and has them put on my car. We go for a ride and the vibration is still there. At first he says he can't feel it, so I go a bit faster (80ish) and then he felt it and tells me that it is normal. At that point I had enough. Not only did i put out alot of money in tires, they wouldn't give me a loaner!!! I took the car to Mall Chevy in Cherry Hill, NJ. I took the service manager for a ride and he noticed it right away. He insisted I leave the car there and got me a loaner. I told him i was going on vacation and would be back in a week. He told me to keep the loaner as long as I needed and to pick up my car when I got back from vacation. They tore the front end apart and replaced the front axels and cv joints, ball joints and some other suspension components. $2200 job all covered under warranty.
Added them to the OP thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mersades View Post
Champion Chevrolet, Reno, NV
I have not bought from them and do not plan on returning to their lot thanks to bad experinces the two times I did visit. The first time I was with my mom and Uncle who were car shopping. My mom asked for them to unlock a vehicle so she could look at the interior and they refused. The second time on their lot I was shopping for my first brand new vehicle. I test drove a couple vehicles, discussed numbers on one, and ultimately left my contact information as the car was a serious consideration. I ended up buying a Saturn, however, and later that afternoon the salesman from Champion called to touch base. When I informed him that I had purchased the Saturn, he actually began to insult me for my decision... Saying how stupid/uneducated of a choice I had made, I didn't know anything about cars, etc etc. the salesman was so rude (and I was told he was the best/head sales guy) that I still have a bad taste in my mouth.

Michael Hohl GM, Carson City, NV
This is where I purchased my Camaro from. They have been very good to me so far... Fair on price for my purchase and trade in, and also quick to answer any requests/questions that I've had in the year since.
Added them to the OP, but on a side note - have you had any dealings with their service departments?
Old 06-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #167
Wabbit

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS SIM/Grey lnt/Sun/Nav
Washington State:
Renton - Good Chevrolet - Sales was decent in 2004 when I bought my 'burb. Service department liked pushing unneeded service. They will also call you the day after service offering you a free oil change if you come in and fill out the dealer service survey in front of them and give them great marks.

Auburn - Auburn Chevrolet - Sales people were decent and knowledgeable. Service department is obsessed with their dealer survey. Only agreed to get me in on a rush if I would rate them excellant on their service survey, I haven't gone back, and gave them poor marks for customer service since I felt extorted to get my car serviced.

Sumner - Sunset Chevrolet - Sales people were decent and knowledgeable, they visit and promote C5. They suggested I look through the site and see how good the Camaros were from other owners. They do offer lifetime oil changes with purchase of a vehicle.

Federal Way - Jet Chevrolet - Talked to young sales guy, seemed only interested in the sale. Made up stuff since he didn't know anything about the Camaro. I didn't stay long.

Puyallup - Puyallup Chevrolet - Sales depends on the person. Some are quite knowledgeable, but I got routed to someone who didn't know squat on the Camaro. Since I was a repeat customer, I didn't have to deal with him except for paperwork. Service has been good so far. I have added some GM accesories to my car and an oil change. I will go back again. So far, they haven't pushed any unneeded service or called to bug me looking for a good review on the service surveys.
Ambient Lighting - Saving my $$$ now
Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:33 PM   #168
Mersades
Web Geek Chick & NHRA fan

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 RJM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Added them to the OP, but on a side note - have you had any dealings with their service departments?
Not yet (car has given me no reason to, thankfully) but I may be in the near future for a spoiler and to check my door weather stripping. I will add my experience to this thread once that has been addressed.