Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2013, 09:34 AM   #589
KeithSS
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Posts: 18
Red hot, crystal red, and red rock are all being offered for 14. Victory red, inferno orange, and rally yellow were dropped. There are currently no pictures available of a camaro in the new red hot or bright yellow.
KeithSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:36 AM   #590
Arodr395
 
Arodr395's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by vm1971 View Post
but for 14, is CRT still being offered?
im pretty sure its getting nixed and Red hot and Red Rock Metallic (?) are options now
to replace VR and CRT. i should know this by heart, shame on me.
On the build sheet of mine Red Hot, Red Rock Metallic, and Crystal Red Tintcoat are all still being offered as options.
Arodr395 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #591
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!
 
Angrybird 12's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 Encore, 07 G6, 99 Astro, 16 VW
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 21,524
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithSS View Post
Red hot, crystal red, and red rock are all being offered for 14. Victory red, inferno orange, and rally yellow were dropped. There are currently no pictures available of a camaro in the new red hot or bright yellow.
CRT is still available, red rock replaced inferno orange and red hot replaced victory red.
__________________
Cancer's a bitch! Enjoy life while you can! LIVE, LOVE, DRIVE...
The Bird is the word!
Angrybird 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:47 AM   #592
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 A10 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Joisey
Posts: 5,917
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014v6 View Post
2014 camaro review... 2 thumbs up a pleasure to drive... no negitive comments about the taillights yet.... lol.... it looks awesome... much better in person than in pics... blue interior was a great choice with the black it goes well with the car....
I like your Avatar. Funny! It will help all the haters get used to the taillights. Maybe it eventually will ease their depression over the change. Nice car!


Also if you look carefully at the Elkins SS pic, from that somewhat low angle, the 2014 front definitely looks better than the older car. 2014 angry and ZL1ish, 2013 cartoonish, but both good looking. And no mailslot with a hood vent that will keep water off the engine. And the new DIC functions. Not a fan of the chrome strip, but easy to Plastidip. That 2014 hood looks like a fit on the 2013! I may go for that.

Almost makes me wish I had waited for the '14. But to me, it is more what a car can do than what it looks like. If there were any performance improvements, I definitely would have waited. I hope none emerge.


2014 1LE also looks great! Like an angry beast. Notice the low perspective.

Last edited by Fraxum; 08-02-2013 at 10:05 AM.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #593
vm1971

 
Drives: 2017 SS
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Burlington Township, New Jersey
Posts: 833
i still love the looks of my MEAN 2010, ... black fully helping in the Demon Seed category...
but i VERY MUCH AGREE-
the tweak to the front clip is just NASTIER.
BRAVO.
its a successful refresh, I dont care what anyone else says.
Yes, its opinion... but from a design and function standpoint... WITHOUT getting too far away from what makes this car a winner...
its a raging WIN.

I CANNOT WAIT
__________________
2017 CAMARO SS
vm1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:07 AM   #594
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 A10 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Joisey
Posts: 5,917
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by vm1971 View Post
i still love the looks of my MEAN 2010, ... black fully helping in the Demon Seed category...
but i VERY MUCH AGREE-
the tweak to the front clip is just NASTIER.
BRAVO.
its a successful refresh, I dont care what anyone else says.
Yes, its opinion... but from a design and function standpoint... WITHOUT getting too far away from what makes this car a winner...
its a raging WIN.

I CANNOT WAIT
Yea, both look good. You are getting a 2014?
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #595
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9
 
PYROLYSIS's Avatar
 
Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Summerv1LE SC
Posts: 5,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
I like your Avatar. Funny! It will help all the haters get used to the taillights. Maybe it eventually will ease their depression over the change. Nice car!


Also if you look carefully at the Elkins SS pic, from that somewhat low angle, the 2014 front definitely looks better than the older car. 2014 angry and ZL1ish, 2013 cartoonish, but both good looking. And no mailslot with a hood vent that will keep water off the engine. And the new DIC functions. Not a fan of the chrome strip, but easy to Plastidip. That 2014 hood looks like a fit on the 2013! I may go for that.

Almost makes me wish I had waited for the '14. But to me, it is more what a car can do than what it looks like. If there were any performance improvements, I definitely would have waited. I hope none emerge.


2014 1LE also looks great! Like an angry beast. Notice the low perspective.
When the 2014 was introduced they said it was performance enhanced. I think the only performance improvement was the aerodynamics. I love the way they look and I can't wait to get mine. I'm also looking foward to real pics of the new Heritage grill on a 1LE.
__________________
BRING BACK THE B4C POLICE CAMARO!
2002 V-6 5 speed rally red (current camaro) Also driven:1992 Z-28 305 auto Red w/ black stripes (anniversary), 2001 V-6 auto light pewter metallic,1991 RS V-6 auto Black
PYROLYSIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #596
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks
 
The Stig's Avatar
 
Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The HMS Invincible
Posts: 26,271
Also talked to a GM engineer. The Recaros are 3 pounds lighter than the OEM seats.
__________________
Click to view my build thread
The Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:47 AM   #597
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 A10 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Joisey
Posts: 5,917
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROLYSIS View Post
When the 2014 was introduced they said it was performance enhanced. I think the only performance improvement was the aerodynamics. I love the way they look and I can't wait to get mine. I'm also looking forward to real pics of the new Heritage grill on a 1LE.
You can see that improvement (I think) with that big mouth at the bottom keeping air from going under the car and exiting through the hood.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:36 AM   #598
90503


 
90503's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Torrance
Posts: 12,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraxum View Post
You can see that improvement (I think) with that big mouth at the bottom keeping air from going under the car and exiting through the hood.
...Curious about all that myself....that lower grille, though, looks like the top part is a "solid" strip (sort of making the actual air flow area not as large as it looks)...

....Thinking about perhaps putting a '14 vented hood on my '11, but not sure if the air flow business would make it worthwhile or not...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #599
Wildcherry13
 
Wildcherry13's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 2SS/RS IOM 1LE
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Houston
Posts: 330
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post

Lord have mercy on me! My heart stops beating every time I see this!
Wildcherry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 12:03 PM   #600
Cookie Monster
Belle Isle
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1LE
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Motor City
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post

OMFG!!!! I feel like the smartest man alive for ordering that
...
Why does Oshawa insist on keeping it from me?!?
__________________
2014 2SS

Credit to xVengeancex28
Cookie Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:30 PM   #601
87GNX

 
87GNX's Avatar
 
Drives: Alot
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Norcalifas
Posts: 1,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
OMFG!!!! I feel like the smartest man alive for ordering that
...
Why does Oshawa insist on keeping it from me?!?

Why didn't you wait for the 6th gen before buying?
87GNX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #602
Fraxum


 
Fraxum's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 A10 ZL1
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Joisey
Posts: 5,917
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Why didn't you wait for the 6th gen before buying?
Because he is the smartest man alive. He doesn't often buy a new Camaro, but when he does he buys a 2014 1LE.
Fraxum is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.