Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-23-2015, 04:24 AM   #183
TrekGTO

Drives: 05 GTO / JETTA TDI
I just got an order from the welder Friday and found out he is down 3 Techs, that is why Jerry is so far behind on my welding.
I started with sweat fittings for Freon then went to pipe thread, then I came up with the original fittings seen here that capture an O ring at base for a 100% seal and a 100% O ring sealed kit. That is a custom thread that fits the Chillers I use perfect. These are blanks I buy, thread and weld actual automotive AC fittings into, you can see from the sample this is very versatile as I can weld any fitting needed for any application. We have never had one of these fittings leak or any customer report a fitting leak. You can see earlier Super Chillers in this thread.

We only use 2 Freon hoses on every model Super Chiller available with the exception of the new GTO kit just released. The GTO seen below has a conventional external drier since it is 10+ year old design. Even with a hose assembly on the GTO high side all fittings are actual AC fittings crimped no clamps on Freon. I have to limit kit pictures posted to public now and not disclose designs. I am clearing up last of the back orders now and past 2 weeks have set record new orders. I only accept 3 deposits at one time and have that now so all orders go on the list and I ask for a deposit when your # comes up. I am working on capitol to expand, well outsource more parts. First of the month is last payment on my house Mortgage!

Here are some of the CNC adapters we use.

Last edited by TrekGTO; 08-23-2015 at 08:00 AM.
TrekGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 06:15 AM   #184
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
Can this larger chiller be adapted to the original kit without too much fuss, or does it require some new pieces? I have the original design on a Whippled 2012 Camaro SS.

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 07:37 AM   #185
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmanntexas View Post
Can this larger chiller be adapted to the original kit without too much fuss, or does it require some new pieces? I have the original design on a Whippled 2012 Camaro SS.
You have the 30 plate under the right headlight? The Xtreme 18” requires cutting into bumper and a 40 plate would not be worth changing to IMHO.

What are your IAT and ICWT now, you have a Whipple reservoir? A second reservoir would help, there is no need to over CHILL the water the MAF never sees these super low IATs. Last thing you want to do is freeze the intercooler in cold weather and cause premature failure.

Last edited by TrekGTO; 08-23-2015 at 08:09 AM.
Old 08-24-2015, 05:13 AM   #186
Batmanntexas

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS (2SS)
Correct, I have the 30 plate. I think the highest IATs that I've seen so far were about 115-120, after a 1/4-mile pass in May, in Fayetteville, NC. I think the ICWT was maybe high 50's - low 60's, IIRC. It's also possible that I don't have the Freon/PAG oil ratio correct either. Got any specs for how much additional Freon/PAG oil is required after adding the chiller to the system?

COTW 9/8/14
Batmanntexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 03:13 PM   #187
alssiri

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Nice to see you back on track good luck.

Ahmad
2012 ZL1 A6 (SOLD)
Forged 376 CI, LSA HeartBeat, Mast Medium Bore Heads & JDP ZLR Cam, ARH LT , MagnaFlow Resonated X + Borla Atak Catback, ADM 102mm Snout, CAI, NW102MM TB, ID850, Fore Triple Fuel Pump, MSD Wire's, Moroso CC.
Alky Control, FIICHILLER.
alssiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 03:52 AM   #188
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmanntexas View Post
Correct, I have the 30 plate. I think the highest IATs that I've seen so far were about 115-120, after a 1/4-mile pass in May, in Fayetteville, NC. I think the ICWT was maybe high 50's - low 60's, IIRC. It's also possible that I don't have the Freon/PAG oil ratio correct either. Got any specs for how much additional Freon/PAG oil is required after adding the chiller to the system?
It looks like you are getting by with your current setup, you don’t need freezing temperatures the MAF does not see the cooler denser air. I would like to see temperatures on a 75 deg day on highway to compare also your boost level. While I see 30 deg @ 10psi ICWT you should see 40 deg ICWT at least. Whipple will see a higher ICWT with the increased intercooler size; it just means its working. With stock oil fill intact I usually add 2oz of PAG, Freon is 4-5oz over stock. Do you have the second relay update inside cabin? That was a big improvement for track use. If you want to talk about an upgrade or kit we should talk on phone.
Thanks for Supporting Active Interchiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by alssiri View Post
Nice to see you back on track good luck.

Ahmad
Thanks for your continued support Ahmad!
Old 08-25-2015, 05:56 PM   #189
TrekGTO

ACTIVE INTERCHILLER FIRSTS

Captured CNC Freon Adapters so no AC hoses cut ever

Adapters with Captured O Ring to Chiller Core

No Clamps on Freon Hoses

Expansion Valve custom calibrated and Mounted Direct to Chiller

Competition Mode by turning off Freon to Cabin

Bypass Heat Exchanger, automatic with Track Mode option

First Ever Forced Induction Super Chilled

Camaro 5 Whipple. Maggie, E Force + Kenne Bell
C6 E Force
C6 ZR1
C6 Z06 Maggie
GTO
G8
Vauxhall VXR8 Harrop
Holden Commodore Harrop
HSV GTS Harrop
Chevy Lumina
XLR V
CTS V1 E Force LS3 + Maggie
CTS V2
Trail Blazer SS
Silverado Lysholm
Escalade Maggie
Hummer H2 Maggie
Challenger Maggie

Let me know if I am forgetting one!

I have Friday off work, I should know then if I’m getting Capital $$$ I need, if not I will hit my bank for a line of credit on my House since Mortgage will be paid off next week. I will finally be able to order custom parts instead of making most everything. I have CNC, Water Jet and wiring lined up already. That will allow me to take care of Mom and fill orders.
Old 08-25-2015, 07:20 PM   #190
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
What do these thins cost?

Will this be effective on the track during 20-25min sessions?
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:26 PM   #191
cornfield camaro

Drives: 2011 l99
My superchiller has been on my car for about 2 yrs. and hasn't leaked any freon or caused one single problem. Dave has a great product, hope he can keep up with demand.
cornfield camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 03:04 AM   #192
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfield camaro View Post
My Super Chiller has been on my car for about 2 yrs. and hasn't leaked any Freon or caused one single problem. Dave has a great product, hope he can keep up with demand.
Thank you for your continued support. You should post some pictures of your Kenne Bell powered Camaro. It’s over 2 years now, hard to believe isn’t it? Past 2.5 years have been difficult to stay in production caring for Mom but with this capital I should be able to resume and hopefully expand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
What do these thins cost?

Will this be effective on the track during 20-25min sessions?
I can’t post prices in this thread but I do go into detail in my Sponsor Threads. HERE and HERE I don’t recommend Super Chiller for road course since the AC would be cycling on and off. It will work in most other applications and is great on street
Old 08-27-2015, 07:34 PM   #193
SeaCompiler
...not a marine biologist

Drives: 2012 Camaro RY SS LS3
Regardless of the discussion on thermodynamics, or location of sensors, this looks like a product that simply works. Owners seem happy with it. I will come back to this once I have my supercharger.
Forged 416 stroker Turbocharged with Huron Speed with Cam Motion custom grind,Tuned by Vengeance, 8psi, 25% PowerBond UDP, Ported TB, shaved heads, LS9 gaskets, chromoly pushrods, BT trunnions & dual valve springs, IWIS, Might Mouse CC, SJM Line Lock,, MSD 2-Step, ZL1 Rear End, ZL1 spoiler, Strut Brace, ARP bolts, Skip shift elim, A-Pillar Gauges, FR Style 41 20X10, 3 inch exhaust, blackouts, Lowered, Custom badges, Hines vents,RPI fender vents, Technostalgia Tail Lights, Metra Kit, Pioneer stereo, Morimoto RGB Halos,
"The Great Awakening" on gab.com
SeaCompiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:54 AM   #194
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekGTO View Post
ACTIVE INTERCHILLER FIRSTS

Captured CNC Freon Adapters so no AC hoses cut ever

Adapters with Captured O Ring to Chiller Core

No Clamps on Freon Hoses

Expansion Valve custom calibrated and Mounted Direct to Chiller

Competition Mode by turning off Freon to Cabin

Bypass Heat Exchanger, automatic with Track Mode option

First Ever Forced Induction Super Chilled

Camaro 5 Whipple. Maggie, E Force + Kenne Bell
C6 E Force
C6 ZR1
C6 Z06 Maggie
GTO
G8
Vauxhall VXR8 Harrop
Holden Commodore Harrop
HSV GTS Harrop
Chevy Lumina
XLR V
CTS V1 E Force LS3 + Maggie
CTS V2
Trail Blazer SS
Silverado Lysholm
Escalade Maggie
Hummer H2 Maggie
Challenger Maggie

Let me know if I am forgetting one!

I have Friday off work, I should know then if I’m getting Capital $$$ I need, if not I will hit my bank for a line of credit on my House since Mortgage will be paid off next week. I will finally be able to order custom parts instead of making most everything. I have CNC, Water Jet and wiring lined up already. That will allow me to take care of Mom and fill orders.
I was the first blown 1LE with your set up from almost 3 years ago :P

I rarely use it though but you think it's time to add more freon?
Old 08-28-2015, 10:39 AM   #195
TrekGTO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUKXOST View Post
I was the first blown 1LE with your set up from almost 3 years ago :P

I rarely use it though but you think it's time to add more freon?
I remember you bought it from WickedMom, you don't use your AC? Cant hurt to have it checked but if its working good it would not be a priority.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:55 AM   #196
SUKXOST
Do you even lift, bro?

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrekGTO View Post
I remember you bought it from WickedMom, you don't use your AC? Cant hurt to have it checked but if its working good it would not be a priority.
Don't know if she had a username on here but yeah I bought it through someone with several convos with you directly as well as during the install. I use my AC quite a bit but don't often use the chiller as the cars cabin heats up too quickly when its on.....trade-off I guess