Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #113
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskSS View Post
again.. SKILL.
there are plenty of very fast people out there still using manuals.
an auto is MUCH easier to drive and drive consistently.
But that doesn't mean that it is the be all end all.

I personally will NEVER drive a automatic again in any muscle/sports car.
I made that mistake 1 time and was bored to tears till I sold it.
I agree a manual is more fun to drive but when a auto is set up properly no amount of skill in a manual is going to match it on the 1/4 drag strip. While that may sound like a opinion there are plenty of facts to prove it. For 1 look at the bolt on fast list. Despite the l99 being down 30hp look how many of them are on that list. Too new of a list? Ok. Look at the Ls1 4th gen fast bolt on list. So in all that time a human could not come close to matching the same et of those cars? The results speak for themselves.
Old 06-21-2013, 06:16 AM   #114
Ohio Snake

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS, 2012 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
I agree a manual is more fun to drive but when a auto is set up properly no amount of skill in a manual is going to match it on the 1/4 drag strip. While that may sound like a opinion there are plenty of facts to prove it. For 1 look at the bolt on fast list. Despite the l99 being down 30hp look how many of them are on that list. Too new of a list? Ok. Look at the Ls1 4th gen fast bolt on list. So in all that time a human could not come close to matching the same et of those cars? The results speak for themselves.
The automatics have been improved on shifting over time...I agree. And race between nearly identical cars one being a M6 and an A6 driven by the average driver would be a toss up.....might edge it to a A6. However, a skilled M6 driver can outperform the A6 driver.

My preference is always a manual for a sports car. Nothing wrong with a driver who prefers automatics. To me, the manual offers more control of the driving experience and the automatic offers more comfort.

I think the art of driving a manual by the average driver today is being lost since most cars sold (all car types) are automatics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Ohio Snake is offline   Reply With Quote