Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-04-2010, 09:08 PM   #5979
big hammer

Drives: 2002 ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
He is supposed to run that time with street tires.

Also that trap speed is way too slow for a 5.0.

What is going on here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnvyTerra View Post
That trap speed is in line with all the other tests 12.3 with DR's and nothing else is down right impressive for a mustang, you know it and I know it.
i'm pretty sure the SS can do the same, has anyone tested with just dr's?
i think he was making a joke. ever since that one 5.0 ran a fake 115+ mph, now they all do.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:59 PM   #5980
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
i think he was making a joke. ever since that one 5.0 ran a fake 115+ mph, now they all do.
does that mean an L99 Camaro with longtubes and a couple boltons running 110mph is fake as well? what do L99s run with those mods?
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:08 PM   #5981
cubican

Drives: 2010 Camaro ss
what we have is a car doing 10 on bolt ons, thats just incredible, my ss will never get there with bolt ons. Give credit where credit is do. just love the pony wars, ok GM give us something that we can take the mustang down, and dont forget the GT 500. Where is that Z/28.
cubican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:10 PM   #5982
KungFuHamster

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
This was a general suggestion. I would go so far as to keeping all comments positive. Both cars are worthy of respect.
Respect...if its received it shall be returned deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiccaJew View Post
Look all over the mustang site there are more articles here then there are on the mustang that are made for that car. Why do you care to talk about it here? What do you gain from it? Why do you talk about a car that no one here owns nor really cares about. Go to the mustang forum, sign up there and have fun. I don't care what is said I love my camaro and i like mustangs, but you don't see any of us going on the mustang forums and posting all over their threads.
perhaps more of you should join a mustang forum...it would broaden not only your horizons but the stangers' as well

Quote:
It is nice for the mods to let you post shit about a car, but all you are doing kungfuhamster is stirring the pot. Bring your opinions else where. We enjoy hearing about the mustang, but the way you post things about the mustang shows everything negative about the camaro.
perhaps i stir the pot...but i honestly dont think i do. perhaps youre just easily offended? i dont see how making suggestions, asking questions or adding input is stirring the pot.

Quote:
All this thread is, is a bunch of cry babies bickering back and forth. Why even start a post to do that? Does it make you happy to think you are better then others, because all I see is childish posts all over this forum from both sides

So you know what i say

Grow up and have a great conversation about how both cars are awesome and that American cars rock.

Nuff said!!
KungFuHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:12 PM   #5983
thebrander
931HP w/100K mi warranty!

Drives: C6Z06 & Gen 5 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubican View Post
what we have is a car doing 10 on bolt ons, thats just incredible, my ss will never get there with bolt ons. Give credit where credit is do. just love the pony wars, ok GM give us something that we can take the mustang down, and dont forget the GT 500. Where is that Z/28.
Do Corvettes and CTS-V's count?
thebrander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #5984
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuHamster View Post
Respect...if its received it shall be returned deal?

perhaps more of you should join a mustang forum...it would broaden not only your horizons but the stangers' as well

perhaps i stir the pot...but i honestly dont think i do. perhaps youre just easily offended? i dont see how making suggestions, asking questions or adding input is stirring the pot.

I am on the mustang forum because i have an 05 gt . I'm on mustang forums.com but i do not either forum about how shitty either car is. I am not saying that you shouldn't be giving your input, but can't you look at the positives in both cars and negatives in both cars. Instead of just raggin on the camaro. I have no problem with you on the forums, but are you really asking a mod if he should allow people to say negative stuff about the camaro. It makes people heated and that to me is stirring the pot.

There is a guy who made a post on our forum about an hour ago and said why he chose the mustang over the camaro, but if you look at his post he was really polite and nice to everyone on the forum. All of the Camaro guys said that the review was much appreciated and they wish him well with his choice.

The pony wars is all fun, but this is forum and moderators have a responsibility to keep things in order and people happy. So why take it so far as to fight and try to start shit. I am not easily offended i am just trying to see your reason for doing it which you still have not answered?

Input is much appreciated as long as its respectful.
WiccaJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:28 AM   #5985
KungFuHamster

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
I am on the mustang forum because i have an 05 gt . I'm on mustang forums.com but i do not either forum about how shitty either car is. I am not saying that you shouldn't be giving your input, but can't you look at the positives in both cars and negatives in both cars. Instead of just raggin on the camaro. I have no problem with you on the forums, but are you really asking a mod if he should allow people to say negative stuff about the camaro. It makes people heated and that to me is stirring the pot.

There is a guy who made a post on our forum about an hour ago and said why he chose the mustang over the camaro, but if you look at his post he was really polite and nice to everyone on the forum. All of the Camaro guys said that the review was much appreciated and they wish him well with his choice.

The pony wars is all fun, but this is forum and moderators have a responsibility to keep things in order and people happy. So why take it so far as to fight and try to start shit. I am not easily offended i am just trying to see your reason for doing it which you still have not answered?

Input is much appreciated as long as its respectful.
well my comment to the moderator was supposed to be considered a joke. but if something posts something that is incorrect with (whether its directed at the camaro or mustang) i dont see why i cant dispute it. thats all im saying.
funny you have both cars...my wife really wanted a new Camaro (before she got prego)...but she's since changed her mind and has started preferring the Challenger. what betrayal!

let me make this clear: im not here to bash the camaro or start shit. do i talk a little smack? yeah sure...i do it on the stang forums too...but its supposed to be in good fun. thats part of yalls problem...yall can take things too seriously. lighten up a little bit and you will see that this is fun for all of us
KungFuHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 12:45 AM   #5986
WiccaJew

Drives: Black & Blue 1SS
I am not really directing it towards you really except for the moderator comment. I am directing it towards some of the others. I know its all in good fun, and I have a lot of fun messing around with my friend who owns a 5.0.

On a forum discussions get heated easily, and I have been on quite a few forums where they have split in half because people within it start to hate each other. The forums are a lot smaller scale than this one, but it can happen. I might understand some of the jokes and good fun, but as you can see a lot of members on here don't.

Thats why in every one of my posts before this on this forums i have said that everyone needs to stop whining and have fun, we are talking about american cars. Lets mod the shit out of our cars and race to have fun. Then we can talk shit about it. But 58 pages of complaining who's stock car is faster is crazy. lol

I guess since I am the moderator on a local forum I know where the mods are coming from. I get messages all of the time from people saying the will quit because someone is making fun of them. Maybe I am a little cautious because the internet is serious business to some people.

[IMG]http://jamiedubs.com/****flickr/data/serious-business-police.jpg[/IMG]
WiccaJew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:33 AM   #5987
BigDan

Drives: bug
New 5.0 pick's up 32whp with ARH Headers and x pipe, stock before tuning.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...20#post1575720
BigDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 01:39 AM   #5988
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
New 5.0 pick's up 32whp with ARH Headers and x pipe, stock before tuning.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/s...20#post1575720
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:05 AM   #5989
VADER SS L99

Drives: 2013 A6 GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrander View Post
Do Corvettes and CTS-V's count?
No they do not. Completely different classes of cars. Right now Ford does not make a car in the Corvette sports car class nor does it make 1 to compete in the Cadillac's luxury performance sedan class. Gm does not make a car in the class of the GT500 market either. Ford's GT500 is in its own market right now.2007-2009 Ford also OWNED the muscle car market as there was no car in its class. Make no mistake that we would not even be driving a Camaro if it were not for the success of the 2005-2009 Mustang, just the same as the Mustangs success in 1965 made GM create the Camaro.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:50 AM   #5990
thebrander
931HP w/100K mi warranty!

Drives: C6Z06 & Gen 5 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADER SS L99 View Post
No they do not. Completely different classes of cars. Right now Ford does not make a car in the Corvette sports car class nor does it make 1 to compete in the Cadillac's luxury performance sedan class. Gm does not make a car in the class of the GT500 market either. Ford's GT500 is in its own market right now.2007-2009 Ford also OWNED the muscle car market as there was no car in its class. Make no mistake that we would not even be driving a Camaro if it were not for the success of the 2005-2009 Mustang, just the same as the Mustangs success in 1965 made GM create the Camaro.
Well bring on the LSA powered Z28 then GM! If they can manage to price that car in the $45K range, it will sell like crazy.
thebrander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #5991
big hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubican View Post
fbodys have done that years ago.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:32 AM   #5992
big hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
does that mean an L99 Camaro with longtubes and a couple boltons running 110mph is fake as well? what do L99s run with those mods?
it means that you're a fanboi troll, and everything you say should be taken with a grain of salt.

if someone came in here boasting a 115 trap speed out of a new camaro when all run around 110, i wouldn't believe it either.

and yes, the way alot of l99's run, 110 for one could be on the high side with a couple mild bolt ons. tha car would be lucky to have around 340 rwhp with those mods and who knows how the tune is. l99's are a wild card some run like total garbage and some aren't bad. so to answer your question yes 110 could be high for that car.

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video