Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: .
Camaro 0 0%
Mustang 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2010, 10:02 PM   #6819
Craig

Drives: ‘23 SS1LE
Head over to the ricer boards and you'll occasionally see them ridicule the Corvette and it's equally archaic leaf-spring rear suspension, while completely side-stepping the fact that they can only wish their own cars handled as well. At the end of the day results are all that matters and right now the consensus is that it's the Mustang, complete with its archaic SRA, that offers best-in-class handling and driving enjoyment.

Certainly neither car is perfect and both have their shortcomings. Stock-for-stock and mod-for-mod the Mustang will always be the nimbler car due to its weight advantage and more precise steering rack. Meanwhile Camaro will always be the more refined and smoother riding car thanks to its IRS. Of course everyone is going to overweight the categories their particular choice of car excels in, but I will say this. I've been to a lot of dragstrips, autocrosses, and road racing events. I've chewed the fat with owners of just about every make imaginable, and never ever once have I heard any enthusiast or gearhead say "yeah, but how's the ride quality?"
Craig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:09 PM   #6820
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSARMY View Post
Okay, can you send me $2,000 please. I need an MRI.

Thanks concerned comrade.
That's not how it works. Everyone pitches in a little and everyone benefits as a whole.

ANYWAYS, it would be interesting if they could get a stock Camaro to run back-to-back with the Mustang for comparison purposes.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #6821
Bob Cosby

Drives: 2010 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
...Of course everyone is going to overweight the categories their particular choice of car excels in...
Bingo.
Bob Cosby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:21 PM   #6822
1GMFanatik
Da Blue Beast

Drives: 08 Chevy TBSS
Send a message via Yahoo to 1GMFanatik
Back on topic here... When do we find out which car was faster in the quarter?? LOL!
1GMFanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:26 PM   #6823
1GMFanatik
Da Blue Beast

Drives: 08 Chevy TBSS
Send a message via Yahoo to 1GMFanatik
Ok... Seen the times.. Heat is a HORRIBLE killer for just about all motors unfortunately.
1GMFanatik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 10:43 PM   #6824
eric n
US muscle car lover!

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 6m, brembos
I think from magazine testing it's clear that the mustang has a significant quickness advantage, also handling advantage, interior quality advantage, pretty much a better car from every magazine conparison.

That said, I'm sure GM will address a lot of this in the next year or so. Ultimately isn't it great that both cars are in production and stomping the hell out of every similarly priced ricers. The Mustang and Camaro are brothers in 8 cylinder arse kicking. Both are super performance bargains and a lot of fun. Pick the one you like, drive safely on the street and kick butt when you can do so without undue danger to others.
eric n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:08 PM   #6825
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric n View Post
I think from magazine testing it's clear that the mustang has a significant quickness advantage, also handling advantage, interior quality advantage, pretty much a better car from every magazine conparison.

That said, I'm sure GM will address a lot of this in the next year or so. Ultimately isn't it great that both cars are in production and stomping the hell out of every similarly priced ricers. The Mustang and Camaro are brothers in 8 cylinder arse kicking. Both are super performance bargains and a lot of fun. Pick the one you like, drive safely on the street and kick butt when you can do so without undue danger to others.
I don't agree with the significant quickness advantage, though everything else is spot on. This year the Mustang (in my opinion) is the better all around car.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:39 PM   #6826
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathChill View Post
I will never understand the stance taken on this. There's definitely a reason for socialized medicine and it requires you to think of someone beyond yourself, but hey whatever floats your boat.
LOL, Whats next? Gov't should feed my kids too?

And the 2011 Mustang will have the edge because of the weight and overall gearing.

-bobby
Old 06-19-2010, 11:54 PM   #6827
KungFuHamster

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
And the 2011 Mustang will have the edge because of the weight and overall gearing.
how does that make you feel? and how do you think the General should respond?
KungFuHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:59 PM   #6828
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFuHamster View Post
I personally think GM made a mistake by not offering gearing options for 2011. They "missed the boat".

4.10 for the M6
3.73 for the A6

The ONLY reason I can deduce as to why is because of supply and demand. Not sure the manufactures could have met it since the gear sets were so late to market. I know I would have gladly paid $500 extra for a gear option vs. having to pay $1,200 aftermarket for the gear, install kit and the labor that goes with it.

2012 may offer more options. Who knows....
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:59 PM   #6829
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
I'm guessing the same way you guys felt last year when the Camaro kicked the Mustangs ass up and down the strip.

Mustang doesn't have the MASSIVE advantage the Camaro had last year, you guys are getting stupid with this stuff now.
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:04 AM   #6830
KungFuHamster

Drives: Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huggerorange73 View Post
I'm guessing the same way you guys felt last year when the Camaro kicked the Mustangs ass up and down the strip.

Mustang doesn't have the MASSIVE advantage the Camaro had last year, you guys are getting stupid with this stuff now.
hmmm...lemme see...nope, i felt fine when the new camaros came out.

mid 13's dont really scare me too much?
KungFuHamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:08 AM   #6831
Huggerorange73
Banned

Drives: The REAL C5
Send a message via AIM to Huggerorange73
Quote:
hmmm...lemme see...nope, i felt fine when the new camaros came out.

mid 13's dont really scare me too much?
I'm still waiting to see Mustang tailights....post up a pic so I can see them okay?
Huggerorange73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:10 AM   #6832
SSC Super Venom
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT + 2010 Camaro 2SS
I let my buddy race me in my 2010 IOM 2SS and he is a better driver and I still beat him in my 2011 Mustang GT...

I give the advantage to the Mustang. I did have my Camaro first so its my true love. But the Mustang is damn fun to cheat with!
SSC Super Venom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, 2011 mustang, 442trumpsall, 5.0, camaro, camaro lost!!!, camaro lost., carthatsucks, corvette, drag, fanboys anonymous, ford, ford mustang, glue factory, gluefactory, gt ss ssrs comparison ford, gtss, mustang, numbers, oldnag, race, tired nag, trolls, video