Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 10-11-2018, 03:31 PM   #1
ColdfuzionTN

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
GDS2 question

Looking to find out the proper way to hide dtc's from parking sensors from appearing on first reverse. I have the system disabled but still throws a dtc code. Anyone have an idea? I cant find the option to hide it in GDS2 through my VCX Nano.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Andrew
ColdfuzionTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:34 PM   #2
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
To the best of my knowledge, only GM currently has the ability to alter the BCM calibration.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:35 PM   #3
ColdfuzionTN

Thanks, they won't disable it for liability reasons so I'm on my own with this. I have GDS2 and Tech 2 for the VCX nano which can write the to bcm just can't seem to find it. Both show the system disabled but I can't find where to hide the dtc from popping up on the disable.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:08 PM   #4
ColdfuzionTN

Just wanted to post for future reference I had to setup a free account at Tis2web and connect through gds2 with their sps to program the module. Was $40 for the vehicle so not bad.

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 10-22-2018, 03:30 PM   #5
SSMickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdfuzionTN View Post
Just wanted to post for future reference I had to setup a free account at Tis2web and connect through gds2 with their sps to program the module. Was $40 for the vehicle so not bad.

Thanks,
Andrew
So your setup allowed you to alter the BCM calibration? Please explain how you did this for my knowledge. It just might come in handy one day. I know how to flash a module with SPS and Tis2Web using a J2534 box or MDI.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:44 PM   #6
ColdfuzionTN

I had a friend that used to work at the dealership help me I just kind of stood back but the VCX nano came with software that lets it work as a MDI, he opened up gds2 had me log into tis2web and started sps. Navigated to the module and made the change, gave the time it would take and all the warnings and edited it and that was that.
Old 10-25-2018, 07:02 PM   #7
SSMickey

Didn't know this was possible. I'll have to look into what else can be done. Might open up some interesting possibility's. Thanks for the info.