Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-31-2018, 06:33 PM   #29
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
I can definitely understand how the OP may feel very irked by this issue randomly happening out of nowhere with no warning at all, and I'm not going to say that these cars are otherwise flawless or trouble free...but still...this is very much small sample in the grand scheme of things or in otherwords, a freak occurrance is this specifically does not appear to be an at large issue throughout the 5th and 6th Gen production. It will highly unlikely receive a recall.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:27 PM   #30
Deputy Dog
Banned

Drives: 2017 Super Sport Cam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyancey View Post

https://www.facebook.com/TheGrimReap...84140834939275

My Camaro's accelerator stopped functioning at highway speeds in heavy traffic. I had to coast to a stop while dodging traffic. The engine ran, at idle. I put it in park. I still could not accelerate. I could floor it. Nothing but idle. I turned off the power and cut it back on and I was able to engage the accelerator to get off the freeway and have it towed to a dealer. These are almost the same symptoms as the functional hack as demonstrated in the wired magazine "Jeep Hack" video. After troubleshooting it 9 days, the dealer gave me the following info.
U100 Data bus: engine control module (ECM) A - no communication
U101 Data bus: transmission control module (TCM) - no communication
U121 Data bus: anti-lock brake system (ABS) control module - no communication
U176 Data bus: supplementary restraint system (SRS) sensor G - no communication
I believe this to be either a very serious defect, or a malicious hacking attempt. ( I once had a menu in Arabic which they say doesn't exist on the system) I lost control of the vehicle at highway speeds. I can't drive this vehicle without the fear of it happening again. Without warning. GM's official answer is that they will give me an oil change coupon. I do not find this satisfactory. I find it a huge danger to my life and those around me. I am insulted that GM finds it funny. Research I have done shows that they have covered up stuff like this before. I think the public needs to know. I asked GM for contact info on their federal overseer for the ignition issue. They refused. I have filed an NHTSA complaint https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls?nhtsaId=11142983 and I'm putting this out there to warn the public, contact me at floydyancey@gmail.com for questions.

You got hacked!...Look at your DIC...someone from Saudi Arabia is trying to take over your vehicle and terrorize you!

Last edited by Deputy Dog; 10-31-2018 at 11:28 PM. Reason: u
Deputy Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 11:27 PM   #31
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
That sucks

You bought this Camaro used?
Did you buy it fromthis dealer you are expecting to fix it?
Old 11-01-2018, 08:23 AM   #32
jrob56

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ 4wd 5.3
Quote:
Disabling the controls of a vehicle in motion for "Safety" reasons is asinine. Kind of like cops shooting a suicidal person to death for their own good. If they are all susceptible, every one needs to be removed from the roads.
Terrible analogy. A car slowing down and not able to accelerate is not necessarily a safety concern in my opinion. Pull over, call a tow truck, your car had an issue. Old mechanical linkages could break or become stuck as well. No system is perfect, and all susceptible to failure. They have to fail safely though. The system still left you in control of your vehicle. If it had rocketed to 150 and you couldnt stop now we have a safety issue.

No hackers got into your car, no corporate cover up, if you think so fix it and sell it.

Sold:
95 Taurus SE
00 Z28 A4
06 TBSS
06 GTO M6
02 F150
01 B4C A4
05 GTO M6
02 Z28 M6
jrob56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:49 AM   #33
fyancey

Drives: 2015 ls
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
You bought this Camaro used?
Did you buy it fromthis dealer you are expecting to fix it?
Bought it new.
fyancey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:17 AM   #34
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Disabling the controls of a vehicle in motion for "Safety" reasons is asinine. Kind of like cops shooting a suicidal person to death for their own good. If they are all susceptible, every one needs to be removed from the roads.
I didn't hear anything about your steering and brakes being inoperable. You are just mad at the world because a machine has broken, get over it or start using your legs to get around.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:25 PM   #35
silversleeper
Big Crow

Drives: '13 ZL1
Joke deleted. I think some people lack compassion and a sense of humor and don't care to stir things up.
Ooops too late it's already quoted on p2, lol.

Last edited by silversleeper; 11-01-2018 at 04:14 PM.
silversleeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 03:53 PM   #36
fyancey

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
There is nothing wrong with your car. Our Muslim software team has sent an update patch via your onstar and it is working properly. Too many Non-Believers have been ignoring prayer times so this patch powers down your vehicle at prayer times. This feature allows you time to use your prayer rug and communicate to Allah (God). If you feel there is an emergency such as your wife in labor and you must skip prayer just push the OnStar button and say Allahhu Akbar (God is Great) and we will happily re-enable your car.
Disclaimer; This is a joke if you don't have a sense of humor or are thinking hateful comments towards anyone, please don't add them.

epic
Old 11-01-2018, 04:41 PM   #37
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversleeper View Post
Joke deleted. I think some people lack compassion and a sense of humor and don't care to stir things up.
Ooops too late it's already quoted on p2, lol.
I am glad someone quoted you. That was funny. LOL!
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 05:07 PM   #38
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
yes indeed it was!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
I am glad someone quoted you. That was funny. LOL!
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:01 PM   #39
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
So you post about your car being hacked two years ago... and now back doing the same. This language thing is well known since 2010 with low battery type issues.

Also, the only time you've ever posted on this forum is for this stuff and this time you decide to spam both the Camaro 5 and Camaro 6 General section. (threads merged and moved to the proper section)

I see no where that the dealer thought his was a laughing matter either. They found the bulletin to address the issue and road tested 3 times.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:13 PM   #40
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Hackers...

These issues are not related Dealer Service Invoice shows 34k miles

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 241
Size:  24.2 KB

Arabic language 13k miles

Name:  Capture1.JPG
Views: 262
Size:  22.1 KB
Old 11-02-2018, 08:31 AM   #41
JerTM

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Hackers...

These issues are not related Dealer Service Invoice shows 34k miles

Attachment 962968

Arabic language 13k miles

Attachment 962969
Nice catch.
JerTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 08:44 AM   #42
fyancey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerTM View Post
Nice catch.
Sure, I'll be the bad guy. Whatever. Maybe this will help someone in the future.

Tags
gm coverup