#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 04-27-2016, 07:46 AM   #15
Z3papa

Drives: 2011 BMW M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotis View Post
265/275 RE-71R on Forgestar CF-5V. No 3rd gear.
There's a fair amount of folks who complained about the Ohio Tour events where speeds were north of 65-70 mph, but I personally didn't have an issue. Last year, this issue really brought to light the gearing shortfall of the GT PP which tops out at 58 mph. I'm not familiar with the Ecoboost but assume they were rowing more at least somewhere on the course given the speeds reported. Can definitely see where the SS1 gearing would play well with that course. Congrats on the result.
Z3papa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 09:07 AM   #16
rotis

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
Yep, all of the Mustangs were shifting. Interestingly Mark was hitting the same terminal speed that I was. I think they pull well from 30-50 with their short second, we certainly make it up with longer legs from 50-75.

It was nice to not have to deal with the distraction of shifting, that's for sure!

The car has a prototype Strano front bar on it now, can't wait to see how it handles at the Pro.
rotis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:38 AM   #17
Z3papa

Interesting. After my post above, I noticed a couple of the videos and Mark indicating in his re-cap that he shifted 4 times to 3rd. I note that in most of videos shifting was while cars were not loaded on one side. Last year, the new gen Mustang owners were complaining that shifting to 3rd, even finding 3rd, was challenging at best. Given our proximity, I sense the first time we'll cross paths will be in Lincoln in September but will keep an eye out for you and your results vis a vis Mark. Do you know if he plans to campaign that car throughout the year or result to his Focus?
Old 04-27-2016, 11:01 AM   #18
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
I ran the SCCA Crows Landing tour last weekend in F-Street against some of the very best. The car is still stock except for wheels/tires. I was 0.018 behind Mark Scroggs after day one. I made some mistakes so I knew the car had the speed to win.

I finally found the speed on Sunday with a killer run, but nicked a cone so I ended up in second place. Here is my flying run, which would have put nearly a half-second on the field: (I was very close to a lot of cones, no idea which one I hit)

https://youtu.be/StA4GWp_VFk

The car is getting sway bars made right now, so I'll have a front bar on it for the Pro Solo next weekend. Looking forward to another strong drive.
Very cool. Thanks for sharing. Nice driving
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:13 PM   #19
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Yep, all of the Mustangs were shifting. Interestingly Mark was hitting the same terminal speed that I was. I think they pull well from 30-50 with their short second, we certainly make it up with longer legs from 50-75.

It was nice to not have to deal with the distraction of shifting, that's for sure!

The car has a prototype Strano front bar on it now, can't wait to see how it handles at the Pro.
They top 2nd at 58 mph.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 03:17 PM   #20
lostwon

Drives: JST FAST
Well Done!

Quote:
265/275 RE-71R on Forgestar CF-5V. No 3rd gear.
Congrats on your showing at the Tour.

Thanks for sharing, Ryan. Your first hand look at the scene adds so much to the story. Good luck at the Pro tomorrow. And keep posting! It's appreciated by those of us not fortunate enough to be there. Your experience will be a tremendous help to those who follow your lead with the Gen6.

Best Regards,
John

Results:http://www.scca.com/events/1981898-2...mpionship-tour

Last edited by lostwon; 05-02-2016 at 01:55 PM.
lostwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2016, 01:47 PM   #21
lostwon

Again, great job at the Crows Landing Pro, Ryan!

First rate driving against some top quality drivers (O'Boyle, Ales, and Scroggs). You and the SS are in the hunt, for sure.
Looks like you all did very well paxed against the rest overall, too.

Impressive results. Keep up the pace; and take it to Nats this fall.

Good luck, and Best Regards,

John

Results here:http://www.scca.com/events/1981902-2...anding-prosolo
Old 05-02-2016, 01:58 PM   #22
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
You had Sean on the right, but he had you by a lot more on the left. Seeing as you could take it to him on one side lends hope against the German Musclecars.

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 01:00 PM   #23
rotis

I spent yesterday trying to recoup from the weekend and fix a busted washer, so I haven't posted videos of anything yet. I've been chatting with Sam and the guys at Hellwig about the front bar, it's definitely too big for F-Street purposes. The car needs a little more than the stock bar, but definitely less than this thing. It's a good match for the rear bar they are making, so I'm sure it'll work well as a set... but it's just too much for the stock rear bar.

The car had terminal understeer with the bar on its softest setting. If I wasn't sick with a cold I would have put the stock bar back on the car for Sunday. Unfortunately I was exhausted and the dayquil had worn off so I just called it a day.

With the rear toe-link using eccentric bolts it isn't practical to adjust toe on-site, which means I only had air pressures to play with. I kept going up in rear pressure to try and get the car to turn and all it did was kill my 60' times. (pressures were highest on Sunday morning and I was cutting 2.2's to Sean's 2.0's when grip was highest, I should have been low 2.1 or better)

My fastest left side was coned, but even without the cone I would have narrowly lost. With all of the understeer I was still running competitive times on-course once you factor out the bad launches.

The car absolutely has the speed to run with the best in F-Street, it just needs a little more development time.

The car will have its first trip to Packwood in two weeks, hopefully I'll have a different bar on it by then!
Old 05-03-2016, 03:53 PM   #24
lostwon

Thanks!

Certainly appreciate you taking the time to post your thoughts on the Pro, Ryan. Tough sometimes being an "early adopter", and having to develop the car as you go. Those of us who may follow your path really do benefit
from your experiences. Thanks for posting; from me and all the rest following your story!

Best Regards,
John
Old 05-04-2016, 09:51 PM   #25
rotis

I originally posted this video to show some of the problems that were happening with the light tree during the event. This was in the first round of the Super Challenge, it wasn't my best run but it's still pretty decent.

You can see me really wrestle with the understeer. I either had to be trail-braking or forcing power-on oversteer to get the car to turn, ugh!

I've already got a new (smaller) bar on the way, so it'll be on the car in time for a regional event in Packwood.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:35 PM   #26
Memphis43

Drives: Chevy
HOw are you holding up against the rest of the field?
Memphis43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 10:24 PM   #27
Z3papa

I'll leave this here and suggest yo look at page 2 http://cdn.growassets.net/user_files...pdf?1462135254
Old 05-16-2016, 06:08 PM   #28
rotis

The new bar is working well, I think I'll stick with it. It'll hopefully be released soon as the "Strano Performance Parts" bar for F-Street Camaros. The car was great in Packwood, a medium-grip asphalt lot, in both the dry and the wet where I took top PAX both days.

This dirty run in the wet was a crazy 1.1 seconds faster than my top PAX run. Holy crap! The data overlay on this video is helpful for showing throttle modulation in the wet. Gotta be smooth!