Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-23-2014, 10:59 PM   #1
Tom0662

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Clunk clunk clunky clutch

I lol'd at my title.

Anyway upon research I see that there is a lot on this subject. I had a 2011 SS/RS and never had it and only just heard it on my 2013 HWE today.

In 1st gear moving press clutch fast and there is the CLUNK clunk clunk. So I tried it some more in reverse to same thing. Also does it of course if you are in gear going slow and tap the throttle. Don't believe it is a rear end issue since after you push in clutch you are still rolling forward while it does it.

It is darn loud outside the car when it does it....kind of embarrassing really. So I picked up some KFC and when I got home and parked car and left in 1st gear. Get out and grab a wheel and rock it forward and back and makes same noise.

Sounds like it is toward the front area somewhere. Got to get another person to help me so I can look underneath also and see whats going on because this sounds worse that what most seem to be describing. Will also swing by dealer and let them have a listen.

So anyway just wondering if there is anything new on this that someone may have found out. Please forgive me for posting on this issue again as I didn't find anything current on it. Thanks
Tom0662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:23 AM   #2
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
Drive line slack. Old news. All model years have it and it will be much more prevalent if you are jerky on the clutch.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:52 AM   #3
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Welcome to the world of GM's Camaro. All 5th gens with a stick do it.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 03:54 AM   #4
Tom0662

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Yeah, is just strange my 2011 never did it and now it just pops up on this one. I suppose it is possible I never really noticed it till that particular time.
Anyway I ended up putting it up on ramps, crawled under and rocked the car while holding the driveshaft and imagine that.... clunk clunk clunk. So yeah drivelijne slack.
Thanks for the replies though.
Tom0662 is offline   Reply With Quote