Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 09:10 PM   #57
luckynuts

Drives: 10 ABM 1SS/00 Z28 Conv/14 SumWh 2LT
Thanks for the info Tran.......so far no issues here
Old 07-24-2009, 06:44 AM   #58
jimmyallgm
RealSick/SuperSport

Drives: fasterThanYours
Send a message via AIM to jimmyallgm
mine is in the shop!!
Old 07-24-2009, 06:53 AM   #59
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyallgm View Post
mine is in the shop!!
Were you contacted to bring it in, or did it break on you ?
Old 07-25-2009, 07:30 PM   #60
ssrsheaven

Drives: 92 firebird,2010 camaro
Thanks Tran good news
Old 07-26-2009, 02:36 PM   #61
NotAnInsider

Drives: just sold it. Feet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
I'm also guessing we should be able to contact GM customer service as well in a few weeks if we have not received a call and they would know if our car is or isn't affected as well in case we missed the call?
I wouldn't guess that. Forget CS and talk to your dealer. CS will not have a list of anything. They'll ask you if you got a call.
Old 07-26-2009, 02:45 PM   #62
NotAnInsider

Drives: just sold it. Feet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evotion View Post
Where did you hear that?

What about the cars that were produced 4 weeks ago? Are they getting out then also? If someone could answer that I would be a happy (waiting for shipping) camper.
The word is that GM plans to have the 4D lifted in early August. The first of August is not accurate. Contrary to some belief, there have been units that were assessed and released already. They ARE moving.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #63
Kenny

Drives: 2010 SS RS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAnInsider View Post
The word is that GM plans to have the 4D lifted in early August. The first of August is not accurate. Contrary to some belief, there have been units that were assessed and released already. They ARE moving.
What i don't understand is how this assesment is done. Are they removing suspect output shafts to inspect them?..doubt it. Are they comparing transmission serial numbers to find a potential pattern so they can best estimate failures?....most likely.
In my opinion (for what it's worth), GM will never be able to accurately predict which ones are bad. It's more than likely a FEW random shafts that made it through tremec quality control.
Anyway i'm sure the hold is for the best...not mad just getting a little impatient. Ok a lot impatient

Some more information on how quickly the held cars are getting through would be appreciated. Also information on the whole proccess would be cool.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-26-2009, 04:12 PM   #64
oilsandsoilfan

Drives: 1969 Z28 and 2010 2SS, Ls3 6sp
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny View Post
What i don't understand is how this assesment is done. Are they removing suspect output shafts to inspect them?..doubt it. Are they comparing transmission serial numbers to find a potential pattern so they can best estimate failures?....most likely.
In my opinion (for what it's worth), GM will never be able to accurately predict which ones are bad. It's more than likely a FEW random shafts that made it through tremec quality control.
Anyway i'm sure the hold is for the best...not mad just getting a little impatient. Ok a lot impatient

Some more information on how quickly the held cars are getting through would be appreciated. Also information on the whole proccess would be cool.

Thanks in advance.

You think your impatient I ordered mine in Dec of 2008 and still do not have it. It was slated for delivery when they decided to put a hold on all shipments until they solved or figured out this issue. To say I'm Frustrated after waiting almost 8 months is an understatement.

Old 07-27-2009, 11:24 PM   #65
surfaholic

Drives: 1989 jeep wrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt787 View Post
does anyone know if the constraint was lifted? sorry i already searched and couldn't find
i agree...anyone know the full situation on the manual transmissions? Is GM producing SS manual transmission vehicles again?
Old 07-28-2009, 12:02 AM   #66
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfaholic View Post
i agree...anyone know the full situation on the manual transmissions? Is GM producing SS manual transmission vehicles again?
GM never stopped producing them where are you reading your information?
Old 08-03-2009, 09:34 AM   #67
Dewey

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Yellow w/stripes
My dead Camaro

This past Friday my wife and I found out the hard way that my Camaro was indeed part of this batch with faulty parts. I was instructed (by the dealership) to test my launch control and upon doing so broke my drive shaft. I had decided to test this several miles out of town and was not pleased when I ended up being stranded for little over an hour. Thankfully the dealership sent a flatbed truck out and retrieved us and the Camaro. The shop is expected to have it about a week or so, which is a huge inconvenience since I had plans on taking it on a trip.
I want to thank Bill and Jeff who let us park in their driveway on their farm while we waited for help to arrive. The car broke down right in front of their driveway. I apologize for the transmission mess we left behind.

And before I get any remarks on this, yes I was driving on a paved road not a dirt road.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:51 AM   #68
Unfair
Banned

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
This past Friday my wife and I found out the hard way that my Camaro was indeed part of this batch with faulty parts. I was instructed (by the dealership) to test my launch control and upon doing so broke my drive shaft. I had decided to test this several miles out of town and was not pleased when I ended up being stranded for little over an hour. Thankfully the dealership sent a flatbed truck out and retrieved us and the Camaro. The shop is expected to have it about a week or so, which is a huge inconvenience since I had plans on taking it on a trip.
I want to thank Bill and Jeff who let us park in their driveway on their farm while we waited for help to arrive. The car broke down right in front of their driveway. I apologize for the transmission mess we left behind.
And before I get any remarks on this, yes I was driving on a paved roaacd not a dirt road.

Thats a pretty messed up situation man! hope they get you up and running ASAP I wouldnt test launch control until GM gets a hold off their issues.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #69
Brian2SS/RS
Giggity

Drives: 2009 Malibu 1LT
Dewey, what was your VIN?
Old 08-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #70
Hollywod
Hollywood

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
Makes no sense for a dealer to tell you to do that. I would have waited until we hear what vin's are impacted. If you hadn't done that you might still be driving your car.

Black 2010 2SS Ordered 5/16/09
1100-Preliminary order accepted 5/18/09
3000-Order Accepted by Production Control 05/27/09
3300-Order scheduled for production 06/16/09 - TPW 06/29/09
3400-Order broadcast 6/20/09
3800-Order Produced 6/30/09 - VIN # 123221
4200-Shipped 7/2/09
5000-Delivered to the dealer 7/6/09

Closed Thread