Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-06-2011, 10:21 AM   #57
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 1lt/rs, 2010 2ss/rs, 2004 GTO
The only bearing is the factory OEM bearing inside the strut top bushing. The BC coilovers ship with everything needed for the install.
Whiteside Customs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:47 AM   #58
Ozzie RS

Drives: '11 Camaro RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside Customs View Post
The only bearing is the factory OEM bearing inside the strut top bushing. The BC coilovers ship with everything needed for the install.
So let me understand this, if I want to be able to adjust the rear shocks then there needs to be a 2" hole on each side of the trunk for adjustment regardless if you have the etenders or not, is that correct?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:15 AM   #59
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie RS View Post
So let me understand this, if I want to be able to adjust the rear shocks then there needs to be a 2" hole on each side of the trunk for adjustment regardless if you have the etenders or not, is that correct?
Correct, this makes adjustment quick and simple with no need to get under the car. No structural rigidity is lost with the two access holes.
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #60
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Correct....and you won't need the extenders. Over all the 2" wholes are small. Here are some pics...taken before we put in the desk groments. With the carpet down you see nothing. Want to make an adjustment then just pull the carpet back and adjust with your finger tips.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #61
Ozzie RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Correct....and you won't need the extenders. Over all the 2" wholes are small. Here are some pics...taken before we put in the desk groments. With the carpet down you see nothing. Want to make an adjustment then just pull the carpet back and adjust with your finger tips.

I think I like the look better without the extenders now that I have seen the picture. I can see the extenders getting in the way possibly. Thanks for the pic.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:43 PM   #62
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Curious, what did your installer do to hide your adjusters? Mine come out of the hole about 6". I cut holes in my carpet in order to feed them through.

I have to take my car back to my shop this weekend because my shop did not follow Mike's thread. They only cut a 1" hole and I am unable to adjust my rears. :( Since I have to take my car back in I'd like to have my adjusters look like yours do in the pic.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:00 PM   #63
Squintz Palladoris

Drives: 2010 IOM 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Curious, what did your installer do to hide your adjusters? Mine come out of the hole about 6". I cut holes in my carpet in order to feed them through.

I have to take my car back to my shop this weekend because my shop did not follow Mike's thread. They only cut a 1" hole and I am unable to adjust my rears. :( Since I have to take my car back in I'd like to have my adjusters look like yours do in the pic.
Sounds like your installer shortened the extenders. The shocks come with 2 options in the box. You can install either the extened adjusters or the ones that attach directly to the top of the shock (Like Caverman's photo).

If you use the extenders you only need a hole big enough to fit the knob through. The 2" hole is to be able to get your fingers down to the adjuster for the non extended knobs. Just pull the carpet back and adjust, If you leave the carpet in

Brad
Squintz Palladoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:08 PM   #64
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squintz Palladoris View Post
Sounds like your installer shortened the extenders. The shocks come with 2 options in the box. You can install either the extened adjusters or the ones that attach directly to the top of the shock (Like Caverman's photo).

If you use the extenders you only need a hole big enough to fit the knob through. The 2" hole is to be able to get your fingers down to the adjuster for the non extended knobs. Just pull the carpet back and adjust, If you leave the carpet in

Brad
Thanks!!
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #65
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post

Quote:

Brad
Squintz is right on the money. Sounds like your installer installed the extenders and cut a 1" whole which is big enough to put the extender through. Have him go back and cut the whole to 2". Take off the extenders (hopefully one of you still has the non-extended knobs) and use a 2" desk grommet which you can get from any hardware store or office supply store. You put that in the whole so that it will keep you from cutting your fingers on the cut metal of the whole. Use some silicone to hold it in place.

I neeed to get a pic of the final install but I there is probably a pic in Mikes thead.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:31 AM   #66
AutoAgenda

Drives: 69 Camaro, 02 Escalade, 67 Eleanor
Quote:

Brad
+1, That is exactly right.
AutoAgenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #67
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Just wanted to clear a few things up. The Extenders attach directly to the Adjust knobs. The Adjuster knobs use a small allen that goes into the top of the shock body in order to adjust them. If you do not use this knob and try to install the extenders, it will not work.

You can play around with hole size and try to make it just large enough for the extenders to fit through if you wish. But for ease of install, cutting the 2" makes for quick easy adjustments and eliminates the need for extenders altogether.

We have sold over 100's of BC racing coilovers to G8 owners, GTO owners, and now Camaro owners. Our goal is to make installation as easy as possible for the end user. That's why before we sell a set of BCR coilovers we install them on one of our shop cars first. We try to eliminate all the "gotchas" before the end user gets them.

If ANYONE has any questions on how to install a BCR unit, regardless of where you purchased, you can call us at 972 542 0255.
Old 10-09-2011, 10:15 PM   #68
Ozzie RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside Customs View Post
Just wanted to clear a few things up. The Extenders attach directly to the Adjust knobs. The Adjuster knobs use a small allen that goes into the top of the shock body in order to adjust them. If you do not use this knob and try to install the extenders, it will not work.

You can play around with hole size and try to make it just large enough for the extenders to fit through if you wish. But for ease of install, cutting the 2" makes for quick easy adjustments and eliminates the need for extenders altogether.

We have sold over 100's of BC racing coilovers to G8 owners, GTO owners, and now Camaro owners. Our goal is to make installation as easy as possible for the end user. That's why before we sell a set of BCR coilovers we install them on one of our shop cars first. We try to eliminate all the "gotchas" before the end user gets them.

If ANYONE has any questions on how to install a BCR unit, regardless of where you purchased, you can call us at 972 542 0255.

Can you recommend an installer for the BC coilovers in the Houston area?
Old 10-09-2011, 10:35 PM   #69
Whiteside Customs
Account Suspended

Quote:
Can you recommend an installer for the BC coilovers in the Houston area?
I honestly don't know of any shops in the Houston area with any experience on the BC racing product. The ER series coil overs require a little more care and attention during install the the BR series. Although they are very similar there are a couple of variances between the two models.

If you're willing to drive up to Dallas on a Saturday I'd be glad to get these installed for you. I can guarantee there's no one in the country with more experience on the BC product on Camaro's.
Old 11-21-2011, 10:11 PM   #70
Ozzie RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by klatterblast View Post
it looks good but would look great without mud flaps, sorry not trying to be an ass but it just looks funny with em
I recently purchased the BC coil overs but went with the one up ER series. They aren't installed yet. Mike in Dallas and I can't get together, mostly my wife's fault, lol. I have to blame it on her. Anyway I washed my car for the first time (real hand wash & detail) and I am seriously considering the quarter flares. I only have 712 miles in the last six months and DO NOT drive with a cloud in the sky. I could not beleive the dirt and road grime behind the wheels. I have the SIM color and the car looked spotless. To me it would be a greataddition and I kind of like the look anyway.