Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #1261
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Yowsa! That looks sweet.

I couldn't believe how much more fun my car was to drive when I put in bushings and coilovers.

Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #1262
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Awesome deal Russ,

Cant wait to get mine... Be sure to post up your thoughts and impressions...
I only had time to take a quick run, but everything is amazing. It's like driving a completely different car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Very cool Russ....

Geez, if you get cut now you'll bleed Pedders Red...

Hope it drives as good as it looks.
Yea...I asked Pete if I could get everything in orange, but oh well...
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #1263
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Nice!
Old 12-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #1264
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
I only had time to take a quick run, but everything is amazing. It's like driving a completely different car.

Yea...I asked Pete if I could get everything in orange, but oh well...
I said the same thing... I thought the difference in before to after was equal to the supercharger...
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #1265
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
I said the same thing... I thought the difference in before to after was equal to the supercharger...
I agree. The suspension mods are every bit as important (if not more) than the hp mods. I love never touching the brakes on the curves.

Think how much money you'll save on brake pads and rotors?
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:05 PM   #1266
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I agree. The suspension mods are every bit as important (if not more) than the hp mods. I love never touching the brakes on the curves.

Think how much money you'll save on brake pads and rotors?

Ha - not if you get the pads Pete, Chris and I were discussing at PRI.
(remember the X-1/X-3 pads C?) 3 rotors to one set of pads...
Old 12-12-2011, 01:12 PM   #1267
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Ha - not if you get the pads Pete, Chris and I were discussing at PRI.
(remember the X-1/X-3 pads C?) 3 rotors to one set of pads...
did you ever call those guys?
Old 12-12-2011, 01:19 PM   #1268
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Coil Overs are the 2nd best mod behind some forced induction!
Old 12-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #1269
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Russ, Owen, Jay and all the Great H-Town Folks,

Getting out of the office and in the shop with customers is the best part of my position. Every thing was great at ARD , with the exception of Whitney. It took two days before she showed me any love. Strange. The Kindest, smartest most beautiful women in the world all love me. Deb, Ljubica, Anica and Danica

We did learn a few things as we played with Whitney. Since Whitney was delivered she has gained a few pounds with a new block, blower and assorted tanks up front. You gotta love women with bolt-ons up front I am taking an educated guess there is an extra 125 pounds up front with fluids and hardware. That extra weight had the old front lowering coils begging for mercy. The new 8kg coils on the Supercars felt great. We may do a little coil tuning and bump of the front coil rate, but we want to get some miles on before we do that.

To keep Whitney on the straight and narrow we aligned to these specs.

Front
Caster L 6.7 R 7.7
Camber -.7
Toe ZERO

Rear
Camber ZERO
Toe IN -.17

These specs will give Russ a crisp launch off the line while providing a more responsive steering feel with excellent tire wear... unless Owen is melting his rears for 400' We set his sways rear full hard and front full soft. At the strip, pulling one endlink ball stud out of the front sway bar end will allow better weight transfer.

Whitney loves her shoes. They are custom color designer special edition by some Italian guy... Tortelini I think is the name Owen gave me. Russ was very unhappy with Whitney's ride quality on the Tortelini wheels. We went with baseline damper settings of 15 for bound and rebound at all four corners. We got lucky with a much improved ride quality. At the strip Russ with play with Whitney's knobs and set her too 28 hard bound and 2 soft rebound up front. In the rear it will be 15 hard bound and 28 hard rebound to start. Russ, Owen and Jay will need a number of runs to sort through the setting to find the optimized setup. It is a terrible job, but some one has to do it.

It was a real pleasure working with Owen and Jay. They are top notch. Russ is awesome. He bought me lunch and dinner and is as car crazy as I am. We talked watches almost as much as cars. See if you can find one of these through your connections ;-)

http://www.chrono24.com/en/brm/r-50-...-id1297029.htm. Wait I found them here. http://www.super-replica-watches.com...tch-p-486.html That will save us $39,600 with shipping
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:33 PM   #1270
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Well glad he got a nice ride out of his "Rigatoni" wheels. Are the satellite dishes on the wheels for alignment .... stuff?
Old 12-12-2011, 02:39 PM   #1271
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Are the satellite dishes on the wheels for alignment .... stuff?
High speed internet.
Old 12-12-2011, 02:53 PM   #1272
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

Getting out of the office and in the shop with customers is the best part of my position. Every thing was great at ARD , with the exception of Whitney. It took two days before she showed me any love. Strange. The Kindest, smartest most beautiful women in the world all love me. Deb, Ljubica, Anica and Danica

We did learn a few things as we played with Whitney. Since Whitney was delivered she has gained a few pounds with a new block, blower and assorted tanks up front. You gotta love women with bolt-ons up front I am taking an educated guess there is an extra 125 pounds up front with fluids and hardware. That extra weight had the old front lowering coils begging for mercy. The new 8kg coils on the Supercars felt great. We may do a little coil tuning and bump of the front coil rate, but we want to get some miles on before we do that.

Front
Caster L 6.7 R 7.7
Camber -.7
Toe ZERO

Rear
Camber ZERO
Toe IN -.17

These specs will give Russ a crisp launch off the line while providing a more responsive steering feel with excellent tire wear... unless Owen is melting his rears for 400' We set his sways rear full hard and front full soft. At the strip, pulling one endlink ball stud out of the front sway bar end will allow better weight transfer.

Whitney loves her shoes. They are custom color designer special edition by some Italian guy... Tortelini I think is the name Owen gave me. Russ was very unhappy with Whitney's ride quality on the Tortelini wheels. We went with baseline damper settings of 15 for bound and rebound at all four corners. We got lucky with a much improved ride quality. At the strip Russ with play with Whitney's knobs and set her too 28 hard bound and 2 soft rebound up front. In the rear it will be 15 hard bound and 28 hard rebound to start. Russ, Owen and Jay will need a number of runs to sort through the setting to find the optimized setup. It is a terrible job, but some one has to do it.

It was a real pleasure working with Owen and Jay. They are top notch. Russ is awesome. He bought me lunch and dinner and is as car crazy as I am. We talked watches almost as much as cars. See if you can find one of these through your connections ;-)

http://www.chrono24.com/en/brm/r-50-...-id1297029.htm. Wait I found them here. http://www.super-replica-watches.com...tch-p-486.html That will save us $39,600 with shipping
Thanks again for everything. We've got a few more things to finish up, and then I'll be able to enjoy that ride.

Everyone loved hanging out, and it was great having your expertise. There were plenty of guys at the shop foaming at the mouth, so I'm sure there'll be some more justice packages going on soon at ARD. Now we just need to schedule that H-Town Pedders day.

I added that watch of yours to my Christmas wish list. If the wife doesn't get it, I'll order it myself.

Don't know why you posted that BRM. I don't buy any watch that costs less than $50K...that's just how I roll. Not sure about the replica watch either. The website shows it at 1000lbs, so it may get kind of old wearing that thing on my wrist.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:56 PM   #1273
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

Front
Caster L 6.7 R 7.7
Camber -.7
Toe ZERO

Rear
Camber ZERO
Toe IN -.17

Quote:
Thanks again for everything. We've got a few more things to finish up, and then I'll be able to enjoy that ride.

Everyone loved hanging out, and it was great having your expertise. There were plenty of guys at the shop foaming at the mouth, so I'm sure there'll be some more justice packages going on soon at ARD. Now we just need to schedule that H-Town Pedders day.

I added that watch of yours to my Christmas wish list. If the wife doesn't get it, I'll order it myself.

Don't know why you posted that BRM. I don't buy any watch that costs less than $50K...that's just how I roll. Not sure about the replica watch either. The website shows it at 1000lbs, so it may get kind of old wearing that thing on my wrist.

I can't wait to hear you think after some real driving time....

Oh and thanks Pete. I'll be wasting HOURS. On that watch site.... and no, not the replica one... LOL

I thought everyone has a watch that costs more than their house????
Old 12-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #1274
JusticePete

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

I can't wait to hear you think after some real driving time....

Oh and thanks Pete. I'll be wasting HOURS. On that watch site.... and no, not the replica one... LOL

I thought everyone has a watch that costs more than their house????
I saw those watches while in Vegas for SEMA 2010 I asked Santa for one. He let me down. If he doesn't come through this year I am sure my friends on C5 will take up a collection and come through on my birthday. Pedders RED of course

I just counted my C5 Friends. Looks like GTAHVIT and Dangeruss are in for $10,000 each. You guys are the BEST