Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-16-2013, 09:46 AM   #141
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
Took Casper into the local dealer today for a look see (OIL LEAKAGE) ...............pulled into entrance bay, several female service writers walking around looking at me ( I thought) as I sat in the car..( signage states "Remain in your car due to insurance regulations"............no other customers waiting.

Anywho's the service writers all oddly disapear into their little cubicles without ever acknowledging they saw me........even though they opened the automated service bay door whenever I pulled up and closed it after I had drove in and parked.................( It was Pouring Rain Outside). So after a short while of listening to my tunes and being a good boy, I decided to exit the car and approach a writer myself. The one I walked up to, "Asked, What I was doing there."............. Duhh! and then she added, "How did I get into the bay area?" I thought she was just joshing.................apparently not! I explained to her that the door opened and I followed the posted signs regarding pulling forwards......................

Anywhose........... I told her that my car had a oil leak somewhere just above the filter.....that I needed to have it checked out and I believed it would be covered under the cars warranty. She then told me I would need a appointment. Which I responded too, by agreeing................she then asks "Wheres the Car?" ................................Mind you, I'm driving a White Camaro, with brightly multicolored nose to tail racing stripes, and its sitting twenty feet in front of her, under the brightest indoor lights known to mankind.............At that point I'm not sure whether I should run, offer her my insurance vision card, bust out laughing, or throw a temper tantrum. After another few minutes of further polite conversation she says.........Sir, I wish I could offer you the help you need , but Chevrolet doesn't offer or do warranty work on Ford Mustangs, with or without stripes. It was at this point, I knew I was going to need real help from someone sober..........that was before I came unglued.

Anyway's after a little more patience's on my part, and a gentlemans smile..........I was able to convince her I was actually standing in front of her and that I simply needed a appointment to begin the process of having the oil problem resolved......................................I must have been getting a little loud which attracted another female employee ( Another service writer) who soon joined the activities, she was a little easier to convince that I was driving the invisible Gen5 .................parked right over there. She did remind me that being that my car was at nearly 40k and well over the 36,oo0 mile warranty, that I would have to pay to have the repairs completed. Oh~ Well .....The saga continues tommorrow............At least I have a appointment at 8am. Maybe and I pray the mechanic speaks and understands manspeak:-).........................updates to follow.
If you would like us to address anything with this dealership, please contact us via PM. Also, please let us know how your service appointment is handled.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 01-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #142
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
If you would like us to address anything with this dealership, please contact us via PM. Also, please let us know how your service appointment is handled.

Brandon
Thanks for the offer Brandon, Surprisingly things went rather smoothly today.........................almost like they knew I was coming.................and expecting results. The service dept was right on top of things as soon as I pulled in. Paper work in hand........handed her the keys and shuttle driver on standby to take me home. The Tech had no problems diagnosing the issue ( Dye Test), replacing faulty oil cooler gasket, oil replaced and completing the 27 point service.............ready to pickup in two hrs or so. All covered under the warranty as expected without any problems. Great Service, Casper and I are Happy and Appreciative campers
Attached Images

Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:05 AM   #143
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
Thanks for the offer Brandon, Surprisingly things went rather smoothly today.........................almost like they knew I was coming.................and expecting results. The service dept was right on top of things as soon as I pulled in. Paper work in hand........handed her the keys and shuttle driver on standby to take me home. The Tech had no problems diagnosing the issue ( Dye Test), replacing faulty oil cooler gasket, oil replaced and completing the 27 point service.............ready to pickup in two hrs or so. All covered under the warranty as expected without any problems. Great Service, Casper and I are Happy and Appreciative campers

Great to hear things went very smoothly for you! We are here if you have any other questions.

Brandon
Old 01-17-2013, 01:20 PM   #144
coreyk

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Great to hear things went very smoothly for you! We are here if you have any other questions.

Brandon
Brandon,

Are you the Chevy Service Department? Basically i had the issue with the one Chevy dealer, a case manager was appointed to my case so they did start taking care of it. But he was saying all they really deal with is a district of Chevy dealers and their service department so he can help me get the service I need. Which is now happening at a different dealer instead.

What I would like to do is file a complaint against the original dealership so that chevy is aware of their dishonest practices. I think it is very important that the dealers remain honest since they are the face of Chevy when it comes to the consumers. If it wasn't for me being knowledgeable of certain laws, and knowledgeable of how a vehicle works to begin with, they would have been able to get away with their lies. I am sure they have done this to many other customers in the past, who were unfortunately not aware of the avenues they could have taken.

I think it would definitely be in Chevy's best interest that this dealership be reprimanded for their practices because Chevy's name is being tarnished. I have mentioned Global Automall's name to several friends in the past week, due to my issues, and they all throw their arms up and say they are horrible.

Please let me know what I can do.

Thanks
Old 01-17-2013, 03:14 PM   #145
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreyk View Post
Brandon,

Are you the Chevy Service Department? Basically i had the issue with the one Chevy dealer, a case manager was appointed to my case so they did start taking care of it. But he was saying all they really deal with is a district of Chevy dealers and their service department so he can help me get the service I need. Which is now happening at a different dealer instead.

What I would like to do is file a complaint against the original dealership so that chevy is aware of their dishonest practices. I think it is very important that the dealers remain honest since they are the face of Chevy when it comes to the consumers. If it wasn't for me being knowledgeable of certain laws, and knowledgeable of how a vehicle works to begin with, they would have been able to get away with their lies. I am sure they have done this to many other customers in the past, who were unfortunately not aware of the avenues they could have taken.

I think it would definitely be in Chevy's best interest that this dealership be reprimanded for their practices because Chevy's name is being tarnished. I have mentioned Global Automall's name to several friends in the past week, due to my issues, and they all throw their arms up and say they are horrible.

Please let me know what I can do.

Thanks

Would you happen to remember the case that you had previously? Please let me know any details in a PM.

Brandon
Old 01-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #146
MikeOD

Drives: 2010 M6 2SS
Mine leaks too...to be honest, I'd almost rather just remove it and throw it away lol.

2010 Camaro SS M6. Heads/Cam/Intake/Headers/Exhaust/Suspension
MikeOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 06:09 PM   #147
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
I had a leak in the oil cooler gasket in March of 2012 while getting ready for the big wow car show here in Chicago, uh oh, cleaning the car today while underneath it, leaking again same area.
I have some machining experience, I wonder if the tolerances on the gasket are not right, or could be everyone is afraid to tighten the bolts too much and strip the block threads ? maybe the gasket needs to be thicker OR some stainless lock washers ? Or is there a problem with the aluminum casting? I'm hoping they will figure it out . I have a show car, an oil leak is totally out of the question, the underside of this car has been re-painted high gloss rally yellow to look like the outside, the last thing I need is an oil leak! Geese !
it's going back just as soon as I get a clean street between me and the dealer. I'm about 4 blocks away, LOL

Last edited by lawdog; 01-29-2013 at 10:25 PM.
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #148
WaxZ28

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM M6
Looks like I have the same oil cooler leak, has a TSB been issued for this yet? I'd rather not waste time with gasket replacement if I can get the cooler swapped out first...
WaxZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:35 AM   #149
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
No TSB. In fact, if you ask them about this issue, the service dept. will tell you that they've never heard of it. lol.

They have a process that you unfortunately must follow and it begins with the cheapest thing first - the gasket.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #150
presholt33
Account Suspended

Drives: too numerous
I have a oil leak on my 2010 ls3 with 5,600 is this covered under the 5/100,000 ?
presholt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:33 AM   #151
nyadk5thgen

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6 JRE cam & tune
oil leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by presholt33 View Post
I have a oil leak on my 2010 ls3 with 5,600 is this covered under the 5/100,000 ?
Yes no doubt, as long as the motor hasnt been opened up (1.e cam change etc) and the car hasnt been "tuned" it will be covered
nyadk5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:41 AM   #152
presholt33
Account Suspended

Drives: too numerous
No tune or motor work
presholt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #153
Jer4251
Camaro Addict

Drives: too many
they replaced the oil cooler on my tuned 2010. shouldnt be a problem either way