Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-31-2013, 07:17 AM   #15
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 2SS/RS 6M View Post
The stock clutch definitely is at hi R's, never had any issues besides hearing the input an output shafts breaking, but can be strengthened with better steel and the rear output shaft bearing, I hear RPM does a really good job at this.....IMO, I'd rather have a auto with a lot of boost anyway! it's easier on the rest of the drivetrain, and with a perfect converter......That's the way I always went and seems to be the most consistent at the track.
had a twin disc at the time, no issues with the actual clutch, just the slave
Old 05-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #16
carrs_crew
Livin the Dream

Drives: sold
Issue is fixed. Can't praise the service team at my dealer enough!! Great team to work with, and communication is top notch. Clutch feels strong. I don't plan on adding any power adders so I will concentrate on the few upgrades to the stock clutch system (ideal master cylinder, braided clutch line, lpe return spring kit, fluid). The charge was for needing the extra time to drop the exhaust, have jba shorties, jba high flow cats, borla atak axle back, stock pipe from cats to axle. Totally worth it for what they do there!

"I need to shout it from someplace...a very high" Luigi from Cars
carrs_crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 07:00 PM   #17
10 2SS/RS 6M

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 bone stock 9K miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
had a twin disc at the time, no issues with the actual clutch, just the slave
I meant the slave also, I can't stand the clutch pedal sticking about a half inch (estimate) from the stop when shifting at hi rpm's, although it's not bad enough that it causes missed shifts or anything like that, but it shouldn't be happening and can be annoying and may even be the slave causing it! I'm hoping the LPE spring works as well as I've heard.
Did you try an after market slave cylinder before you went with the auto?
SLP- long tube headers, hi flow cats w/full SLP 3'' PowerFlo exhaust incl/X-pipe, 160 degree stat, SLP Blackwing CAI. Dyno tuned by ECS-407/409RWHP&TQ. BMR- trailing arms w/poly knuckle bushings, toe links, cradle bushings and differential bushings. QA1 rear lower control arms. Hurst short throw shifter, SS- level 4 axles, DSS- aluminum driveshaft, Pfadt- sport 1.5" rear sway-bar. SPOHN 1.25" front sway-bar. Monster LT1-S twin clutch. Prothane motor mounts. Best 1/4 mile so far- 12:70ET @ 112.24 MPH w/ 2.06 second 60'.
SOLD.
10 2SS/RS 6M is offline   Reply With Quote