Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-17-2009, 10:35 PM   #1
Camaro007

Drives: 2SS/RS Black
Need help with my Zaino products

Just got my products and a little confused on what to use first. I purchased the Zaino Total Protection Show Car Kit with
# ZFX™ Flash Cure Accelerator Additive
# Z-2 PRO™ Show Car Polish for Clear Coated Car Finishes
# Z-5 PRO™ Show Car Polish for Swirl Marks and Fine Scratches
# Z-6™ Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray.
Z-7™ Show Car Wash
My question is
1. Already wash with dawn.
2. Will Clay tomorrow.
3. Wash with Z-7
4. Then Do I use both Z-2 and Z-5? or only one of them and which one?
5. Do I use Z-5 first 2 coats and then Z-2 for the final 3rd coat?
6. Do I use both products with teh ZFX additive?
7. How many coats can I put on in a day? and can I put addtional coats on the next day after 12 hours? and if so how many more?

Any info would be great appricated as I'm testing this process out on my wifes SUV prior to doing on My camaro. Want to make sure I do this right. Also if it matters she has a 2009 SUV only 6 months old.
Camaro007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 09:58 AM   #2
Visual_Perfection

Drives: '02 Bonneville SLE
You can use both Z5 and Z2, but use the Z5 first, as it is meant to fill in and hide swirls, light scratches etc..

Use ZFX with both products.

I think you can do up to 3 coats in a day? Maybe it is more, i haven't done the whole process in a while now. Go on zaino's website and you can find all your answers to that.

edit: from their website: Note: Apply no more than three coats of Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX™ in a 24 hour period. For optimum results, use your ZFX™ enabled polish within 6 hours of mixing. Use a fresh cotton buffing towel for removal of each coat.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...de=APPLICATION

everything you need to know is on that link.

so what I would do is do 1 coat of Z5 and 2 coats of Z2, or vise versa. If her SUV is a dark color and has some minor swirls/imperfections etc.. then do 2 coats of the Z5 and 1 of the Z2..the Z5 does wonders on dark colors for hiding imperfections.

You can always come back after 24 hours and do more coats of Z2.

For reference here is a "flaw" picture of my Black Camaro before Z5:

After 2 or 3 coats of Z5:

Notice the swirls and hazy scratches are gone..

Also between EACH coat of Z5 use the Z6 spray, same goes for between each coat of Z2.

hopefully that answers a few of your questions!
Old 04-18-2009, 11:09 AM   #3
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual_Perfection View Post
but use the Z5 first, as it is meant to fill in and hide swirls, light scratches etc..
I've always heard that Z-5 is mostly for dark colored cars but what about white?
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 01:39 PM   #4
Camaro007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visual_Perfection View Post
You can use both Z5 and Z2, but use the Z5 first, as it is meant to fill in and hide swirls, light scratches etc..

Use ZFX with both products.

I think you can do up to 3 coats in a day? Maybe it is more, i haven't done the whole process in a while now. Go on zaino's website and you can find all your answers to that.

edit: from their website: Note: Apply no more than three coats of Zaino Show Car Polish enabled with ZFX™ in a 24 hour period. For optimum results, use your ZFX™ enabled polish within 6 hours of mixing. Use a fresh cotton buffing towel for removal of each coat.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...de=APPLICATION

everything you need to know is on that link.

so what I would do is do 1 coat of Z5 and 2 coats of Z2, or vise versa. If her SUV is a dark color and has some minor swirls/imperfections etc.. then do 2 coats of the Z5 and 1 of the Z2..the Z5 does wonders on dark colors for hiding imperfections.

You can always come back after 24 hours and do more coats of Z2.

For reference here is a "flaw" picture of my Black Camaro before Z5:

After 2 or 3 coats of Z5:

Notice the swirls and hazy scratches are gone..

Also between EACH coat of Z5 use the Z6 spray, same goes for between each coat of Z2.

hopefully that answers a few of your questions!
Visual_Perfection thanks for the help. Another question? with the Z6 spray. 1. Do I spray directly on the car and wipe with a cotton towel or spray on the towel to get an even coat?
2. Can I come back within 12-15 hours with Z2?
3. After 12-24hrs do I use Z2 with ZFX or by it's self.
Again thanks for the help.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:45 PM   #5
Visual_Perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro007 View Post
Visual_Perfection thanks for the help. Another question? with the Z6 spray. 1. Do I spray directly on the car and wipe with a cotton towel or spray on the towel to get an even coat?
2. Can I come back within 12-15 hours with Z2?
3. After 12-24hrs do I use Z2 with ZFX or by it's self.
Again thanks for the help.
No problem.

I am sure there are others who are more "hard core" with Zaino than I am but they havent chimed in yet so I figure I will help you the best I can.

Like I said all the info should be on their website, and directions for use of the ZFX should be on the product

ZFX can only be mixed with the product for a certain amount of time.. after that the product goes bad, so only mix a small amount at a time otherwise you will end up wasting it. (again all this info is on their website with more detail)

Z6 is just to be sprayed on lightly (this stuff is highly concentrated and you don't need to "soak" the vehicle, just mist it on one panel at a time) then wipe it off with a towel. I actually wipe it off, then fold the towel to a dry side and make sure it is all buffed off, as you don't want to leave any residue (although it doesn't matter as much if you are planning to put another coat of Z2 or Z5 on after)

Z5 is indeed for dark colors, and you really don't need it for light colors. So if it is a color that doesn't show swirls etc.. then just stick with the Z2.

You NEED to use ZFX if you plan on applying Z2 or Z5 and wiping it off after 20 minutes or so... if you ever put Z2 or Z5 on without mixing in ZFX with it, it will take like 12 hours for it to cure before you can wipe it off.

Again I am not a pro with this stuff, I just use it because I love it. So any questions you have should be able to be found on their website or someone who is very experienced with this stuff can chime in.

Hope that helps you out again.
Old 04-18-2009, 03:10 PM   #6
Camaro007

Thanks again. Do you know if you can use this stuff on windows or not? Last question.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:58 PM   #7
Visual_Perfection

They make a glass cleaner, but I have used it on my SIDE windows before, just because I was on a roll doing the car I figured I would just put some on the glass as well.

Came off great made the windows shine, and the water would bead up and run off of them like crazy just like on the paint.. so yes you can use it on glass if you wanted.. don't use it on the windshield though, it will mess up your wipers.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:14 PM   #8
Eddy9

Drives: 2010 Camaro
If you have any questions or need help with your Zaino contact the man who knows all about the product. He was a great help to me.
He is Nexus6!
He is the best with any questions regarding Zaino and is a great help!
Good luck with the Zaino!
Eddie
Eddy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:25 PM   #9
Camaro007

Guys. Thanks for the help. It took all day, but the car came out great.
Thanks,
Bill
Old 04-18-2009, 07:30 PM   #10
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Sorry i haven't chimed in sooner,but i'm in Austin for the Camaro event.The ZFX is to accelerate the curing time,not the dryin time.Dry and cure are different, in order to apply a second or third coat it needs to cure.The dry time is the same,with or without the ZFX it should only take 20 or so minutes till you need to wipe off.if you dont want to use the ZFX you will need to wait 24 hours for it to cure in order to put on a second coat.The window polish IMO is for windows with scratches,if you have good glass a white 3m scrubbie pad works great.Those are what window tinters use to clean the glass right before the tint it.Just use it when your washing the car with the car wash.

No matter the color,if you do not have scratches there is no need to use the Z5

Remember,Never polish in a circular motion

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #11
Visual_Perfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro007 View Post
Guys. Thanks for the help. It took all day, but the car came out great.
Thanks,
Bill
Glad to hear it turned out good!

Now um...

Old 04-18-2009, 08:20 PM   #12
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6 View Post
The window polish IMO is for windows with scratches,if you have good glass a white 3m scrubbie pad works great.Those are what window tinters use to clean the glass right before the tint it.Just use it when your washing the car with the car wash.
Do the pads get off acid rain spots and hard water spots? This is a problem I have with my car and I've tried everything to get it off and nothing works. I'm ordering some Zaino in a couple weeks and was going to order a bottle of their glass polish as well.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #13
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
Do the pads get off acid rain spots and hard water spots? This is a problem I have with my car and I've tried everything to get it off and nothing works. I'm ordering some Zaino in a couple weeks and was going to order a bottle of their glass polish as well.
they sure do . its 3m pad 07445

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:05 PM   #14
Eighty-Six Z
2G1FK1EJ0A9109635

Drives: '10 CGM Camaro SS/RS
I'm leaning towards grabbing a Zaino kit for my Camaro. How often do you guys apply the Zaino??
4/28 -3300
5/11 - 3400
5/13 - 3800 VIN #9635
6/16- Arrived & Delivered!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrigan View Post

I don't think I have ever had this much fun in a car...by myself.
Eighty-Six Z is offline   Reply With Quote