Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-10-2012, 11:58 AM   #29
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Very cool photos and build !
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 07:29 AM   #30
dmwhiteman

Drives: 2SS Black w/ Inferno Orange Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
Very cool photos and build !
Thank you very much!
Old 06-12-2012, 06:07 PM   #31
dmwhiteman

Getting rid of the crappy window tint I put on the sidemarkers. Gonna mask them off and paint them just like the tail lights. #3
Attached Images

Last edited by dmwhiteman; 06-28-2012 at 04:15 PM.
dmwhiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #32
dmwhiteman

Took my 3D carbon kit to the painters this morning. I was going to install it myself, but they only charged me an extra $100 for installation. I figured its a good insurance policy should anything happen during or after installation. They wont have it finished by this years GM Nationals at Carlisle (6/22/12) but I should have it back by the weekend after. I was really hoping to be able to show it off. Oh well. There is always next year.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:11 PM   #33
dmwhiteman

Side marker tint

3 months after I bought my camaro, I used window tint to cover the side markers. It looked good for the first year, but soon started to peel and get torn my constantly trying to press it back onto the side marker. Since my tail lights turned out so well, I figured I would give this a shot. First thing was to rip off the old tint and get the glue off.

I used goo gone and an alcohol wipe. Then used meguiar quick detailer to clean the rest off.

It is easier to shoot the passenger side in my garage, but the driver side was worse.

Here is the first layer of masking tape

And added a layer of newspaper and a sheet to help cover overspray

Sprayed on the tint. I put on about 1 1/2 layers of paint. Just a real thin layer at first. I wasnt sure how much I wanted, then put on a bit thicker. Its a lot darker than the film tint was. The fronts I redid with film this past winter and they look pretty awesome still so I think I may wait to redo them.

With all the paper off. After it dries Ill take the tape off and get a better pic

Old 06-25-2012, 07:58 AM   #34
dmwhiteman

Spent this past weekend at the GM Nationals in Carlisle. Had a blast and met a TON of great people. I was also lucky enough to be selected for the Hotchkis Suspension giveaway. A&A Auto Stores is going to do the install. Hotchkis had their Camaro at the show field giving rides on a make shift track. Took a ride in a stock rental and then in theirs. WOW what a difference. Stock would fishtail around every corner, but with the Hotchkis Suspension it hugged each turn tightly.

Here is the picture from Carlisle Events of my car and I being presented with the kit by the guys at Hotchkis and A&A Auto Stores.
Attached Images

Old 06-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #35
dmwhiteman

While my 3d carbon kit was being painted, my younger brother and I took on the task of making some under hood dress up parts. We made the master cylinder cover and ABS Brake block cover.

He is currently in school at Penn College to get a Bachelors Degree in welding. He only has been there for 3 semesters. Doing a pretty good job if you ask me. These are only cell phone pics of the ABS cover. Ill have high quality photos of both when they are finished.

Attached Images

Last edited by dmwhiteman; 06-28-2012 at 04:13 PM.
dmwhiteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #36
Bumble Beast
American Muscle

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS/TF3
That is one sick build bro. I love the step by step walk through with pics. I'm currently plasti-dipping my Bezels black. First real project. Everything ruse on my car was done at a shop, and was just Tint and decals. I want to start working on the car myself so wish me luck. Eventually I might be brave enough to go as far as taking my front bumper off and changing the halos, haha. Did you install your exhaust as well? I'm planning on getting a Borla cat-back system eventually.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bumble Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #37
dmwhiteman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumble Beast View Post
That is one sick build bro. I love the step by step walk through with pics. I'm currently plasti-dipping my Bezels black. First real project. Everything ruse on my car was done at a shop, and was just Tint and decals. I want to start working on the car myself so wish me luck. Eventually I might be brave enough to go as far as taking my front bumper off and changing the halos, haha. Did you install your exhaust as well? I'm planning on getting a Borla cat-back system eventually.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Thanks, I really appreciate that.

I did not install my exhaust system. It came installed from the previous owner. Changing the halos wasn't as difficult as I anticipated. JDP gives an excellent installation dvd that really made things easy.

Just got my car back from A&A getting my Hotchkis suspension put on. Car looks great! Hopefully gonna meet up with my photographer this evening to get some pics. Here are some teasers of the 3d Carbon kit, pre Hotchkis.
Attached Images

Old 06-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #38
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
What a great looking camaro. That is awesome you won the suspension congratz, I never win anything haha.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:21 PM   #39
dmwhiteman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
What a great looking camaro. That is awesome you won the suspension congratz, I never win anything haha.
Thanks! I was shocked to say the least. They announced for me to return to my car and my heart just sank. All I could think of was someone backing into me, or hitting me with their door. I was terrified. Then when I got closer, my brother started hitting me on the shoulder say "check out who's next to your car" then "those look like the Hotchkis guys" and "HOLY SHIT YOU WON!!" My permagrin doubled I was so pumped. It was a great experience getting and I hope they do it again next year. I'd like to watch and see someone as excited as I was.
Old 06-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #40
concrete jungle
Hitman

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Congrat's your build is coming along nicely!

Build your dream one day at a time . . . I did . . .
https://www.facebook.com/tonyrowe1966

*Caution ~ side effects may include soiled underwear if trajectory isn't kept straight...
concrete jungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #41
dmwhiteman

Quote:
Originally Posted by concrete jungle View Post
Congrat's your build is coming along nicely!
Thanks!

Just got some pics of my body kit. #4
Old 06-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #42
MackMan
Camaro CRAZY

Drives: 2019 OC 1SS/1LE
I love how you painted the grill part of the side vents, might have to steal that from you if I ever decide to get them.
MackMan is offline   Reply With Quote