Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-03-2013, 03:31 AM   #1303
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
You're done already?? Dang...this headlight and fog mod is probably going to be the toughest one I'm gonna do in the foreseeable future. Then it's a couple vinyls, my cai, and I'm pretty much done for a while. Speaking of CAIs, there's not really a way to install one with our separators installed, is there? Anybody have an idea?

Sure there is.... check this out. I just used tape.... going to heat shrink it at some point.

tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:07 PM   #1304
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Very nice. Hard to tell exactly what you did from my phone, but looks like it was pretty simple. My cai isn't going in til I get a stock dyno run. Maybe this weekend

OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #1305
Doglife1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE, 2004 Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Sorry, I'm a bozo. When I read this I thought you meant an HP tune up! LOL.

I got the stage one. Just the clutch reservoir.
No worries. Thanks, I think I'm going to go the same route.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:32 PM   #1306
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Clutch reservoir

Got mine done today Just as CrystalRedTintcoat the clamp that comes with the package is too big,glad he let us know so i was able to pick up that hose clamp before i started.I let Jordan know and he will be addressing the issue. I also painted my lug nuts,and of course those aren't original rims,they are in the back bedroom all safe and warm for my track day at Laguna those rims i got from a C5 member from Vegas,and had them powder coated.I painted the center cap,but am not happy,so will be redoing it.
Attached Images

cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:46 PM   #1307
tramtwo

i just used a wire tie on the nipple. Remember to change that clutch fluid OFTEN... that is really the point. Looks good.

tramtwo posted this on the go

Last edited by tramtwo; 01-03-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 05:47 PM   #1308
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Just got my car back this afternoon. Good thing because i was going through withdrawal. Seems the shifter pin was not seated correctly at the factory, so a new one was put in. So mine was a fluke, and not something you guys should concern yourselves with. I couldn't believe all the mods you guys have done recently, and it seems I need to get on the ball. Need to order catch can and clutch reservoir , but was hoping the catch can ordering glitch has been fixed. Don't want order a crystal red and get Ozzys long lost yellow.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #1309
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
i just used a wire tie on the nipple. Remember to change that clutch fluid OFTEN... that is really the point. Looks good.

tramtwo posted this on the go
Yeah i didnt want to use the metal hose clamp,but i wrapped the nipple cover in electrical tape,and how do i change the clutch fluid?
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #1310
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Keep them pics and videos coming guys. Everybody's car is looking awesome

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #1311
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Yeah i didnt want to use the metal hose clamp,but i wrapped the nipple cover in electrical tape,and how do i change the clutch fluid?
I use a turkey baster... change it with every fill-up or after a day at the track.

This is the guy that started it all...

http://www.rangeracceleration.com/Clutch_Care.html
Old 01-03-2013, 09:46 PM   #1312
OzzySS

Drives: 2013 2SS/1LE, 2004 Cavalier
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
Just got my car back this afternoon. Good thing because i was going through withdrawal. Seems the shifter pin was not seated correctly at the factory, so a new one was put in. So mine was a fluke, and not something you guys should concern yourselves with. I couldn't believe all the mods you guys have done recently, and it seems I need to get on the ball. Need to order catch can and clutch reservoir , but was hoping the catch can ordering glitch has been fixed. Don't want order a crystal red and get Ozzys long lost yellow.
well, that's good to know it's an isolated incident...as for the cans, you might want to speak with apex or another vendor, see if the cans are still on backorder. or, consider a different type of can. i ordered direct from revxtreme...can't say i was thrilled with the results.

i decided to back out of the headlight mod for now...the weather's been crap all week, and i don't have any place i can paint my assemblies and shrouds other than outside plus, i really want to take the car out again this weekend instead of work on it if the weather's nice. so, she's all reassembled and ready to rock now
OzzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:37 PM   #1313
Doglife1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE, 2004 Silverado
I'm looking forward to going on some nice drives this weekend too.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:04 AM   #1314
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Sure there is.... check this out. I just used tape.... going to heat shrink it at some point.

Not following. Did you use the oil separator tube and connect it to your CAI intake tube?
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:17 AM   #1315
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
Got mine done today Just as CrystalRedTintcoat the clamp that comes with the package is too big,glad he let us know so i was able to pick up that hose clamp before i started.I let Jordan know and he will be addressing the issue. I also painted my lug nuts,and of course those aren't original rims,they are in the back bedroom all safe and warm for my track day at Laguna those rims i got from a C5 member from Vegas,and had them powder coated.I painted the center cap,but am not happy,so will be redoing it.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:20 AM   #1316
CrystalRedTintcoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by scubadoo7 View Post
Welcome back. Are you still having withdrawals?