Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Exterior Parts & Accessories

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 12-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #99
954camaro

Drives: Camaro SS/RS inferno red interior
So based on what Diode said then you do have the wrong bulbs because they still are not out yet??? But I do see what you are taking about they seem to be on there website so I am also confused on what you bought.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #100
MedicalCowboy
Save lives? Hahahahaha

Drives: An ambulance, a 2ss/rs, x-wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diode Dynamics View Post
We will have the RS-switchbacks available shortly. The shipment of product is expected any day now so I will update the thread and give you all more information as promised.

As far as the switchbacks functionality,

They are designed to stay white when functioning as a running light and "switch" to amber when blinking as a turn signal and "switching-back" to white again to act as the running light.

Our switchbacks have a timer built into the bulb to prevent the white from ever flashing with the blinkers. As many of you many already know, white blinkers are illegal.

If you have any questions about which size your vehicle needs, or would like more information about the load resistors that have to be spliced in, please send me an email: contact@diodedynamics.com or feel free to call: (314) 205-3033

I often miss posts on some of these threads, but I will always work with you to make sure you are taken care of.

Thanks everyone,
Nick C.
Email sent!
MedicalCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:35 PM   #101
MedicalCowboy
Save lives? Hahahahaha

Upon further inspection, I found that my DRL's/fog lights are also not functioning now that I've installed these bulbs. I returned everything back to stock, and everything worked fine. So... HELP PLEASE
Old 12-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #102
MedicalCowboy
Save lives? Hahahahaha

Ok just to clear everything up, they do not have them in stock. There website has had problems, but Nick has made it right so no worries at all! As soon as they get them in stock nick will let us know. Diode dynamics is an awesome company, but sometimes problems slip through the cracks. It's all good though! Thanks Nick and diode dynamics!!!
Old 12-10-2013, 07:22 AM   #103
Diode Dynamics

Drives: Camaro Lighting Experts
Sorry about that mix up Jonathan!

Thanks for the email, glad I could help you out

Nick C.

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 12-10-2013 at 10:32 AM.
Diode Dynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:31 PM   #104
kosmo
Finally Satisfied

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicalCowboy View Post
Ok just to clear everything up, they do not have them in stock. There website has had problems, but Nick has made it right so no worries at all! As soon as they get them in stock nick will let us know. Diode dynamics is an awesome company, but sometimes problems slip through the cracks. It's all good though! Thanks Nick and diode dynamics!!!
Glad to hear all has been cleared up! Although I have not dealt directly with Nick, I have purchased a few items from DD and have been very happy with their quality and quick shipments. If these new switchbacks for RS Camaros work as I hope they do, I will be one of the first to order.
kosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #105
Diode Dynamics

I am really looking forward to providing the updates and videos when the new RS switchbacks arrive. I've been anxiously waiting for the new products and I'm confident you all will love them.

It's a simple upgrade, but it makes a big difference in your Camaro's appearance.

Nick C.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #106
kosmo
Finally Satisfied

Drives: 2017 Hyper Blue 2SS M6
Quote:
I am really looking forward to providing the updates and videos when the new RS switchbacks arrive. I've been anxiously waiting for the new products and I'm confident you all will love them.

It's a simple upgrade, but it makes a big difference in your Camaro's appearance.

Nick C.
You're killing me Nick!!!! You are such a tease If they are as good as you keep telling us they are going to be, you have a guaranteed sale here!
kosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:07 AM   #107
Klepton

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS, LS3, SW w/ IOM package
Quote:
We will have the RS-switchbacks available shortly. The shipment of product is expected any day now so I will update the thread and give you all more information as promised.

As far as the switchbacks functionality,

They are designed to stay white when functioning as a running light and "switch" to amber when blinking as a turn signal and "switching-back" to white again to act as the running light.

Our switchbacks have a timer built into the bulb to prevent the white from ever flashing with the blinkers. As many of you many already know, white blinkers are illegal.

If you have any questions about which size your vehicle needs, or would like more information about the load resistors that have to be spliced in, please send me an email: contact@diodedynamics.com or feel free to call: (314) 205-3033

I often miss posts on some of these threads, but I will always work with you to make sure you are taken care of.

Thanks everyone,
Nick C.
1) It is absolutely ridiculous that it's December and you're still stating that you'll have the RS switchbacks "shortly", when you said they'd be available in a couple of weeks back in July. 5 months = "a few delays"?

2) Based on what I've read previously, and on how my car behaves, the RS model uses the "fog lights" (not the turn signals) as the Daytime Running Lights (DRLs). On the other hand, the non-RS model uses the turn signals as the DRLs.
Klepton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #108
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Switch backs for 2013 1LS? I want to remove the amber lights, and just have them flash amber when in use, but clear when looking at the car with no lights on.

Do you have a link for this? I will be replacing my headlights and would like to do this along with it.
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:16 PM   #109
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Looking forward to seeing pics of these supposed switchbacks for the RS.
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:49 PM   #110
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Subscribed to see what's up for the front turn signals of the RS package.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:15 AM   #111
Diode Dynamics

I will have the promised updates on the RS switchbacks as soon as they become available.

We are developing in-depth guides and videos to make the installation as easy as possible for Camaro owners. I realize they were expected much sooner, but we don't want to rush the product without having every resource available to clear up any confusion.

Nick C.

Last edited by Diode Dynamics; 12-23-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:25 PM   #112
layzurguy
Ride On!!!!

Drives: 2012 SS Ragtop
Simple plug and play. It's quicker using the DIY video than waiting for a phantom part.