Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

View Poll Results: Which is the your supercharger of choice as a bolt on for a 100% bone stock L99 A6 ?
Kenne Bell 52 16.30%
Magnuson TVS2300 129 40.44%
Vortech V-3 Si-Trim Supercharger Kit 28 8.78%
Magnacharger Intercooled Supercharger 19 5.96%
L99 ProCharger High Output Intercooled P1SC Kit 23 7.21%
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger Street Legal Kit 45 14.11%
My choice is not listed. I will post my choice on the thread. 32 10.03%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2010, 01:13 PM   #99
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I have a quote for having a Maggie installed in my Camaro. I have an L99. I completely trust the judgment of the guys who run the shop I'm working with. I'm just interested in the opinions of folks who know more about motors and superchargers than I do (that would be almost everyone!). Let me start by listing what my car has as far as performance mods go:
Pfadt sport suspension+
CAI intake
Kooks 1 7/8" LT coated headers with high flow cats
Borla touring exhaust
tune dynojet, HP tuners
(My car dynod at 362 rwhp after this work was completed).

Here are the parts the shop has recommended for me:
Magnacharger tuner system (I requested the polished version, I like bling in the engine bay)
3.6" pulley
60 lb.hr injectors
Cooling system components: Tech AFX heater hose relocation kit
Tuning on Dynojet

I am building this car to learn about cars and to have fun. I am not planning to race it, but I'm trying to build the coolest and meanest street car I can within reason (don't ask me what I mean by "within reason." I'm not sure what that means either, but I know I'm not there yet.) I'd like to get the car over 500 rwhp. I think that should be enough to scare me a bit! Reliability and driveability on the street are high priorities to me.

What do you think? Am I missing something important? Like I said, I trust the guys at my shop. They are great. I just like to talk things through and make sure I've thought things through properly before investing this much money.

Thanks to all of you for any advice you can give.

I hope this isn't considered a thread jack. I thought it was a question that is on topic.
Let me start a new thread with this same question. Please forgive me if quoting your response here in this thread over in the new thread is unacceptable. I want 500rwtq with my build (see sig).

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 11:52 PM   #100
calbert1999
Camaro SS Lover

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I have a quote for having a Maggie installed in my Camaro. I have an L99. I completely trust the judgment of the guys who run the shop I'm working with. I'm just interested in the opinions of folks who know more about motors and superchargers than I do (that would be almost everyone!). Let me start by listing what my car has as far as performance mods go:
Pfadt sport suspension+
CAI intake
Kooks 1 7/8" LT coated headers with high flow cats
Borla touring exhaust
tune dynojet, HP tuners
(My car dynod at 362 rwhp after this work was completed).

Here are the parts the shop has recommended for me:
Magnacharger tuner system (I requested the polished version, I like bling in the engine bay)
3.6" pulley
60 lb.hr injectors
Cooling system components: Tech AFX heater hose relocation kit
Tuning on Dynojet

I am building this car to learn about cars and to have fun. I am not planning to race it, but I'm trying to build the coolest and meanest street car I can within reason (don't ask me what I mean by "within reason." I'm not sure what that means either, but I know I'm not there yet.) I'd like to get the car over 500 rwhp. I think that should be enough to scare me a bit! Reliability and driveability on the street are high priorities to me.

What do you think? Am I missing something important? Like I said, I trust the guys at my shop. They are great. I just like to talk things through and make sure I've thought things through properly before investing this much money.

Thanks to all of you for any advice you can give.

I hope this isn't considered a thread jack. I thought it was a question that is on topic.
I was getting 362rwhp stock parts. This seems strange to me. With LT headers, new exhaust, and CAI I'm getting about 418rwhp at last dyno at 30 deg. heat wave. You might want to get a custom tune. And if you want 500rwhp. I'm no expert but I'm sure that's acheivable without an SC.
calbert1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 01:08 AM   #101
Hesh

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro Vin 34334
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
I was getting 362rwhp stock parts. This seems strange to me. With LT headers, new exhaust, and CAI I'm getting about 418rwhp at last dyno at 30 deg. heat wave. You might want to get a custom tune. And if you want 500rwhp. I'm no expert but I'm sure that's acheivable without an SC.

Yes 500hp on an l99 is acheivable without a sc, but the drivabilty wont be the same. You would have to do the ls3 conversion, and have a pretty high lift cam. With the parts and labor you would be close to the price of some vendors for the install of a sc, and not have the "stock like" drive. I have done the research myself for both, and decided the sc route would be the better one IMO.
Hesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:46 PM   #102
Markel

Drives: 2010 L99 2SS/RS
I've been watching this thread with great interest as I'm considering the same option (stock + SC).

Apparently there is more to the story when you throw the TVS1900 in the mix....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101006
Markel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #103
2010 Bumblebee

Drives: Transformers Edition Camaro 2SS/RS
So, It's been 3 years since we've talk about this... What has changed in 3 years ?

What superchargers last, and don't break stock cars ?

People tell me the edlebrock is the best.

Northern Massachusetts & Southern New Hampshire Camaro Club
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=127

The mother of all supercharger questions thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77958

My 2010 Camaro Review
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2025442#post2025442

2010 Transformer Edition Camaro L99 Auto
2010 Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:24 PM   #104
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 Bumblebee View Post
So, It's been 3 years since we've talk about this... What has changed in 3 years ?

What superchargers last, and don't break stock cars ?

People tell me the edlebrock is the best.
I've had my KB now for 2 years and have been to the track numerous times. I've never had any issues other than needing tires and gas. If you maintain the sc just like a motor it should last as long as one. If your talking about breaking things I'm sure it will all depend on th boost you run and how you drive it. If your like me and track it you might break a half shaft or a weak posi, if the tune is not good you run a risk of motor issues. I have 15,000 miles on the SC and 50,000 on the car pushing a mild boost of 8lbs and 550rwhp.
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:17 PM   #105
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
Keeping the dead alive in this thread.

How are the L99s holding up with forced induction without the LS3 conversion?

I like top mounts for just bolt ons and go, but I do like pinning the crank
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 10:55 AM   #106
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
Keeping the dead alive in this thread.

How are the L99s holding up with forced induction without the LS3 conversion?

I like top mounts for just bolt ons and go, but I do like pinning the crank
+1.....year that is.
I'm interested in finding out how the L99's are holding up also without a lifter change. Also, what have you found to be the best, most useable rwhp for the street with street tires for the quickest times, best drivability and gas mileage. Which SC would you choose. TVS2300 vs eFORCE?
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 04:17 AM   #107
Aggressive's Camaro

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2010 SS/RS Black
What is a SAFE level of boost for the motor, tranny, and rear end?
A: 10 PSI
Will the supercharger be safe to put on a car with 30K to 60K miles on it?
A: yep
Will the stock fuel system need to be modified for my goals?
A: you only need to change your fuel injectors
Can the torque converter, tranny and rear end handle it?
A: yes
Can I keep the traction control system ??
Can I keep the stock GM tune??
A: No
Are they all liquid cooled ??
Which kits are you all using ?
A: Kenne Bell
What are the HP & torque ratings with 6 psi of boost?
A: 460 rwhp / 483 rwtq in summer "50+C"
Is the thing noisy ? I'd like a quiet one.
A: no
How much did your supercharger cost you start to finish??
A: 5300$ including installment + tuning
Any regrets ???? Final tips or Suggestions ?
A: No regrets
Mods : Forged Internals / Kenne Bell 2.8L LC Supercharger/ Custom cam from Patrick G / LS3 conversion / Meth Injected / Built transmission from Circle D / 3200 Stall triple disk converter / American Racing Headers 1 7-8 / 3 inch x-pipe & X-force mufflers with cut-outs / SLP coil overs /Eibach sway bars / HURST paddles / Nitto NT05
Aggressive's Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 07:55 PM   #108
sehovarter
HomezSS

Drives: 2014 SS/RS Camaro, 2011 Silverado
so - I will admit up front, I read page one and then the last page, but the voting buttons do not appear to include the new Magnuson Heartbeat in the options? Anyone have the Magnuson with a "mostly" stock L99? I am looking at this when my warranty is gone, and while I know it is expensive, like the overall package due to how it integrates so easily with a mostly stock vehicle after an appropriate tune. my mods are: a Cold Air Inductions intake, BMR trailing arms and toe rods, and cradle inserts, a ZL1 rear sway bar (these mods REALLY changed how the car handles/drives, for the better) and a Borla touring cat back exhaust. running a Diablo 91 octane tune, mostly to turn off AFM. Living in Golden CO, my ONLY beef is the lack of HP due to the altitude. My solution will be the heartbeat - but I need to save up some serious cash first. anyone using and loving the heartbeat?? just curious..... Love my Camaro, and plan to keep it for a long long time!
2014 SS/RS, FR Style 41's, 20x10x4, Borla CatBack with Touring Mufflers w/Magnaflow Glasspacks, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Diablo 91 Octane Tune, Firm Shift, AFM off, BMR cradle inserts, trailing arms and toe links, 1LE/ZL1 Rear Sway Bar, Jannetty Custom Tune for mods noted above (noticable change to how the car drives!!), JL Audio XD700/5 amp and 10 inch Sub, Focal PS 165K's, special wiring kit and amp board, and lots of dynamat (Amazon version) - Sounds GREAT, Runs Even Better!
sehovarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 08:00 PM   #109
sehovarter
HomezSS

Drives: 2014 SS/RS Camaro, 2011 Silverado
one more thing - even with the altitude issue, on my 3rd set of tires at 42K miles - so something must be working right - maybe the heartbeat isn't necessary - LOL!!! (FYI - Stock tires 12K - great tires/terrible wear, Nitto Motivo's around 25K - hated them, now on Goodyear Eagle Sports and really like them - lets see how they wear!!)
2014 SS/RS, FR Style 41's, 20x10x4, Borla CatBack with Touring Mufflers w/Magnaflow Glasspacks, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Diablo 91 Octane Tune, Firm Shift, AFM off, BMR cradle inserts, trailing arms and toe links, 1LE/ZL1 Rear Sway Bar, Jannetty Custom Tune for mods noted above (noticable change to how the car drives!!), JL Audio XD700/5 amp and 10 inch Sub, Focal PS 165K's, special wiring kit and amp board, and lots of dynamat (Amazon version) - Sounds GREAT, Runs Even Better!
sehovarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 09:19 AM   #110
racesloth
Dan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IOM
Wake ye thread...

2010 IOM SS
YSI-B, Pat G Cam, Ported CTS-V Heads, ARH LTs MBRP 3" exhaust
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...&highlight=ysi
racesloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 04:23 PM   #111
Livernois Motorsports

Drives: 2010 Camaro 454 LSX (SOLD)
Hey everyone wanted to let you know we do install a few different options on these but the one we prefer is a whipple. They are the most efficient. Now we also do the magnuson or even the edelbrock. Let me know if anyone has any questions my name is Jake message me or call me at 313-561-5500 thanks
Livernois Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote