Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 05-21-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
xpanda305x
Banned

Drives: Dark Knight
bcm or battery problem and dic

Okay well lately I've been getting messages on the DIC like put driver window down and ut it back up. And so with the passenger side too....I've also been getting the service stablitliykit or w.e. it is. But I took it to the delaer and they told me that maybe the footwell lights have messed up the bcm. But I don't know what it can be. I connected the footwell 2 the dome light and its working fine. I think its the battery because I have fogs lights all led lights and a subwoofer connected. All 2 the battery. Could this be the fix? A bigger stronger battery?
xpanda305x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 01:38 PM   #2
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
Disconnect your battery (in the trunk) for 5 minutes and you should be good to go.

Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:00 PM   #3
xpanda305x
Banned

okay i did that but the Service Stabilitrak is still there. like its just a message in the DIc adn not in the dash ljight no cel or anything like that shows up on the dash light
Old 05-21-2010, 05:31 PM   #4
Darth Martel
Darth Martel

Drives: Black 1SS with 20% tinted windows
OK something is funky then. I got that message along with a check airbag message after I did a read of the vcm/tcm. The way the modules communicate with each other is a bit clunky and you can get weird errors because of that. Unhooking my battery reset everything and they didn't come back. If you do that and they come back then it may be an issue with one of your modules. It may be as easy as you reseating your VCM/TCM connectors. You might not be getting a good connection on one or more of the pins and reseating it may take care of it. I would disconnect the battery and reseat your connectors and then hook the battery back up. If that doesn't work then just for argument's sake, disconnect the footwell lights you put in and see if the problem goes away. I don't see how the footwell lighting would cause that but, I've seen some strange stuff in my day so nothing surprises me. Try that out and post up how it goes.
Darth Martel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:13 PM   #5
xpanda305x
Banned

im seeing if the service stablitrack comes on every time. if it does im going to try that .