Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-06-2010, 10:59 PM   #29
RED10LS

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/RS Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfclan View Post
I cured the drone with Rattle Trap sound deadener, lined the entire trunk.
Where do I get this sound deadener at?
Old 08-06-2010, 11:30 PM   #30
Red Jewel RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
:5thgenvert:Welcome Flowmaster! I ordered my about a week ago. Unfortunately, it seems that AutoAnything ran out of them again so they are to be shipped the begin of next week. Anixous to hear them on my Camaro. From what others are saying it is just what I am looking for.
Red Jewel RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 04:57 PM   #31
SILVER BULLITT

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS/RS MONSTER
cam is a great guy , he is one of the big boys at flowmaster and he sponsored my car , and let me just tell you how great it is . not only does my kit sound great but he was an absolute pleasure to work with . thanks again cam and flowmaster !
HP MONSTER' SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA BUILT, LMR CAI, CUSTOM GRIND CAM, CUSTOM BUILT CNC PORTED AND POLISHED HEADS, FAST 102MM INTAKE MANIFOLD,ARH LONG TUBES AND HIGH FLOW CATS, BIGGER INJECTORS, VALVES SPRINGS RETAINERS, MGW SHORT SHIFTER, EIBACH SPRINGS, FACTORY CHROMED WHEELS, BLACKED OUT EMBLEMS, BLACKED OUT ROOF,BLACKED OUT MARKERS, 3.5 INCH ELECTRONIC CUTOUTS, FLOWMASTERS, ZEX WET 150 SHOT, FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF =630 REAR WHEEL TORQUE ,AND 600 REAR WHEEL HORSEPOWER
MY JOURNALhttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...02#post2023802 SOON TWIN TURBO SETUP
SILVER BULLITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 10:03 PM   #32
kga10734
Don't Feed the Troll

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS & 1999 Corvette
I have used Flowmasters on many cars over a few decades, I love 'em.

I was itching to change out my stock exhaust and didn't wait on your axle back. I used your 40 Series Delta Flow mufflers and was able to achieve almost the same exact sound as your American Thunder axle back for the V6 Camaro. They were a tighter fit but they worked. I am very pleased with your products and have been for years. I just want to thank you and everyone at Flowmaster for putting out a very nice product.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:22 PM   #33
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by flowmann View Post
Those of you with drone questions might want to have a look at the Hushpower systems. They are popular with racers who have dB restrictions, yet they still make good power.
I don't see any Hushpower system for the V6 Camaro?
Toasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 12:58 PM   #34
Darkone

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT/RS SIM
Did any of you guys only use the clamps to hold it in place (no welding), and have no problems with it?
Darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 01:11 PM   #35
Droid6

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkone View Post
Did any of you guys only use the clamps to hold it in place (no welding), and have no problems with it?
I used the clamps and have no plans to get it welded. It works perfect the way it is.

2010 Camaro LS: Eibach Pro-Plus Kit, K&N Aircharger, Flowmaster American Thunder, Pioneer Audio
Droid6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 04:31 PM   #36
DEW

Drives: Hoopdee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkone View Post
Clamps and no welds, no problem here. If for some crazy reason I need to remove/ replace them I can. Only had them on for a week and love them more every time I drive it.

BUILD - 6/12/2009
Airaid V2, Flowmaster AT
DEW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #37
Master Shake

Drives: Camaro LS
Yes, there definitely is a serious drone issue inside the cabin for some installs, and it is not the normal louder sound that is expected with after-market. The best way to describe it is a loud (as in dB level) steady tone that is somewhere around the 60-80 hz range, specifically when the engine is right around the 2k RPM level and with a load (in gear) -- for example, in 6th gear @ around 70-75 MPH.

Take a look at the Solo J-Pipe thread regarding the tube that is designed to cancel out the drone frequency. Or the fact that Corsa specifically states no drone due to pipe tuning, etc. Even the stock GM muffler has a small drone canceling tube built into the muffler itself (why it's so big). *Thanks to the person who originally posted this cutaway picture.

Like a few others here, I've tried to add my own drone canceling tubes to my Flowmaster install, similar to the Solo J-pipe idea, but the drone is still there as I don't know how to cancel out this frequency myself.

I think it is more than just a few people with these drone issues. For those of you who can accept it, or can tune it out (or even just ignore it) yourselves, than you are lucky. For the rest of us, it is enough for us to consider other vendors.
Attached Images

Master Shake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 12:48 PM   #38
KATCMRO

Drives: 2010 2LT CGM
Did anyone have issues installing their Flowmaster American Thunder onto their non-RS V6? My husband has installed many exhaust on his trucks before, we followed the directions and video and cut the 9" off - however, no fit. We were beyond frustrated last night with Flowmaster. Both he and I checked our measurements and were right on the money. Why didn't they fit? This morning we had to take it to a muffler shop and have it welded up. A little disappointed.
KATCMRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #39
FirstCamaro2k10

Drives: 2010 Silver Ice Metallic Camaro LS
i have an LS, had it installed by a muffler shop, they diodnt have any issues.
FirstCamaro2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 06:02 PM   #40
flowmann

Drives: 1972 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATCMRO View Post
Did anyone have issues installing their Flowmaster American Thunder onto their non-RS V6? My husband has installed many exhaust on his trucks before, we followed the directions and video and cut the 9" off - however, no fit. We were beyond frustrated last night with Flowmaster. Both he and I checked our measurements and were right on the money. Why didn't they fit? This morning we had to take it to a muffler shop and have it welded up. A little disappointed.

Hi Kat -

I'm sorry to hear you had a fitment issue. Did you call our tech line? We'd be interested to hear about any problems you ran into.
flowmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:27 AM   #41
Red Jewel RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Well the Flowmaster American Thunders are installed and the sound perfect!! Just what I wanted. Nice mellow sound but you can tell that there is something different other than stock. Thanks to FirstCamaro2k10, Brownhornitt and many other satisfied customers you are the ones that helped in making my decision. I would recommend these to anyone who wants a nice "rumble" sounding exhaust.

Red Jewel RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 10:05 AM   #42
Droid6

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KATCMRO View Post
I have an LS and I followed their instructions and had zero issues.

2010 Camaro LS: Eibach Pro-Plus Kit, K&N Aircharger, Flowmaster American Thunder, Pioneer Audio
Droid6 is offline   Reply With Quote