Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #1
PewterPhil

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
Talking Noob. Just got a call from a local dealer.

Newly registered but long time lurker. Love all you guys.

So last week I was driving home from work and decided to stop by the local Chevy dealer that I drive by every day. I saw a group of salesmen standing around talking and asked them if they could tell me when they would have the new Camaro actually on the lot. One of the guys came over to my car window and told me that they were getting two 2SS Camaros and they should be in by late April or early May, and that one was already spoken for. I gave the guy my name and number and told him to call me when they get 'em in.

One week later. I get a call from the nice lady who is responsible for ordering these new Camaros and she asks me if I would like to special order this other unspoken for Camaro. I said hell yes. I knew everything I wanted because I have built it several times on the new Chevy website. Essentially I was given a second chance to preorder a Camaro just the way I want it. She told me that if I change my mind no big deal and that a deposit wasnt required. She just happen to have my name and had to order it anyway and decided to call me and let me pick it out. Except it now has my name on it. She said she would call me regularly with status code updates and delivery would be first half of May. She gave me her cell number to call her with questions any time.

Here is what I ordered:
2SS, Victory red, grey leather, auto trans (she said the Hurst was on constraint), RS package, sunroof, ground effects, 20" polished aluminum, painted engine cover, black rally stripes.

Needless to say this is a great day and I look forward to the whole process of acquiring my new Camaro. I could not be happier. Thanks to all of you for posting your progress on your existing orders. It is great information.

By the way, I saw on the Chevy build site the option for a high-wing rear spoiler. Not sure I really want it but why is it not available on the SS? Just curious.
PewterPhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:24 PM   #2
Miamimatt

Drives: 2 LT RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Miamimatt
congrats and what luck!
Old 03-21-2009, 05:32 PM   #3
infernoinandout

Drives: 2010 camaross/rs
I would insist on them taking a deposit and getting a workbench order, if its verble it doesn't mean anything. To many horror stories of people losing their car because of a bad dealer. Protect yourself.
infernoinandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:34 PM   #4
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
and msrp or less in writing
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 05:41 PM   #5
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Good advice. And welcome to Camaro5, Phil!
Old 03-21-2009, 05:48 PM   #6
PewterPhil

Inferno, she asked me to come in Monday to get the order paperwork, what should I take? I have read here that $500.00 is about right for a deposit. Yes or no?

Scotty, I will ask about this while I am there. What if they refuse to give it to me in writing? Drop the whole thing right there? I would be willing to do that. I am not looking to get screwed.

Thank you both for the advice.

And thank you also Roadrunner.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:00 PM   #7
infernoinandout

Drives: 2010 camaross/rs
Just make sure the order shows all the exact codes for what you want, search site for those, give them the deposit (100% refundable in writing). Then get your 6 digit order code number and find out how many are in line in front of you. Once you have all this just watch the site and call your dealer once a week and see if your car got pulled for production. Once paper work is done before you leave you should be at 1100 status code. I'm not a dealer so I would pm scott about any further advice. Good luck.
infernoinandout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:02 PM   #8
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
This sounds great! Hopefully, everything works out, and you have a pony car in a couple of months!
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 06:11 PM   #9
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Sounds like someone probably had to cancel their order. So you had a Camro fall into your lap. How cool is that?
Old 03-22-2009, 10:32 PM   #10
yotaman96

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS1LE 2000 Trans Am WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PewterPhil View Post
Here is what I ordered:
2SS, Victory red, grey leather, auto trans (she said the Hurst was on constraint), RS package, sunroof, ground effects, 20" polished aluminum, painted engine cover, black rally stripes.
You realize you can get a manual without a Hurst shifter don't you? Plus, I doubt the Hurst will be on constraint very long.
2015 Ram Crew Cab Cummins
yotaman96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:36 PM   #11
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
Great luck and congrats!

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:43 PM   #12
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
What luck... and you were informed and ready to go.

Get it in writing. My dealer whipped out a standard MSRP or lower guarantee form and I didn't even have to ask for it. Now that I hear the horror stories I'm glad I have it.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:46 PM   #13
PewterPhil

Thanks for all the congrats. I wanted to give a quick update to everyone.

Met with my dealer today to haggle price and leave a deposit. The salesman told me (and this may or may not be true) that the first preorders were going to sell at MSRP or better and the actual new invetory will go for as much as $5000.00 over MSRP. He actually presented me a price that was $510.00 under MSRP at least according to the website and price sheets. I told him I would not leave a deposit until I got the FINAL price after destination, taxes, and license in writing. So He brings me a Workbench order sheet (which was correct as far as options go) and a final price worksheet that includes a doc fee (of course) of $350.00. No other surprise charges. I thought, am I really going to argue over $350.00 when I feel pretty lucky that I am at a dealer that doesnt seem to be trying to screw me. I said "sold" and left a $1000.00 deposit. I am more than happy to give them a decent profit and get this car in 6 weeks, possibly sooner. After all, I dont want to see GM go under and I consider any profit they make a donation to the cause. Destination charge was the normal $750.00.

Another thing they told me while I was there is that they have not been able to preorder any LT or LS models at all. They were only allocated 1SS and 2SS. Anyone know why this may be true?

I am pretty happy about this turnout. April is going to be a long month. Good luck to everyone else.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:03 PM   #14
fazm

Drives: ex-500hp v6 mustang
there will be a lot of upset people out there that ordered their car forever ago, and u will get yours first if thats true lol
fazm is offline   Reply With Quote