Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 07-24-2012, 04:25 PM   #29
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMoach View Post
How is it Patero's fault? He brought it to the ppl tht needed to knows attention (his superiors) then the police D/A nd mother of child knew everything, then to me it's out of his hands, the ppl tht do the hiring nd firing knew everything, so if the knew nd don't cut Sandusky loose like a bad habit how is he the fall guy?
i posted this in another thread...

So, you're saying as soon as Joe mentioned it to someone, he had no responsibility as the boss of Sandusky to FOLLOW UP??? That he continued to work for Paterno, and then was given an office with access to kids even though multiple issues had come up with his possibly abusing kids?

And, most importantly, HE NEVER FOLLOWED UP???? Yes, that is unforgivable.

That's also assuming that Paterno didn't discuss this as mentioned in the report, and that they apparently actively discussed how to deal with Sandusky and agreed that silence was warrented in this case.

Seriously, as I asked in the other thread...If you caught a family member of yours sexually abusing a child in your house, what would you do? The same applies to Paterno.
Old 07-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #30
MikeMoach

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS
No it doesn't y in the world did the school approve him gettin an office after all tht mess?
MikeMoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:07 AM   #31
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
The only thing that is weird here is that Joe Pa did report it....in 2001........In 98 it was investigated, and NO CHARGES were filed........Did Joe Know? Who Knows but even if he did know in 98...the police, DA and Child services could not make a case.

The issue I am having is that just because someone is accused of something is he already guilty? Is he guilty until proven innocent?...Accused...No Charges? So is he still guilty? Hindsight has proven he was but what about others who are accused like Bernie Fine...Accused then the accusers say they lied......Were they paid off? Who knows? certainly not us.

NO ONE except those involved really know the truth...we can only speculate.....No one knows what power Joe had...Could he influence the Police, D/A and child services, could he influence the President, Board of Regents, AD, VP and whomever else was in charge....quite possibly yes but highly unlikely. Sure he made have had influence and probably had alot when it came to the program, players, funding etc.....Just seems real odd that he would have that power over the police, D/A and Child Services...If he did then Penn St should shut the doors.

Alot of this is about money and continues to be...thus no death penalty...Emmert said that money was a factor because people made money off of game days, while true the value of money may have blinded the need for true change.

Every MAJOR college football program in America is a MONEY maker and supports the rest of the school financially. Football finances golf, tennis, softball, swimming etc....hell they even have fishing teams now Lord knows what else they have.

If they truly want to change the "Culture " of college football then do away with bowl games or post season play, then do away with the final four...Do like Div II and be done with it...BUT they won't because of money.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:11 AM   #32
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
Sorry. In this day and age, if you CONDONE the child rape allegations, as which it appears Paterno and the college did by not distancing themselves from Sandusky or firing him after the known reported incident (makes me wonder- how many went unreported?), then they let the potential risk stay and now they are paying the price. Ever notice how in just about every other incident not even as close to this activity, people get canned or fired on just allegations, let alone convictions? Sign of the times.

Is it sad? Yes. Do I feel bad for Penn State's current student body? Yes. Do I think there was widespread cover-up? Yes. Is the penalty stiff? You bet. Do I feel sorry for the azz monkeys who caused all this? Not one bit.

Let the alumni association hunt down and punish those guilty of sullying the Penn State institution name. NCAA had to do this. Anything less would have been a slap on the wrist. I'm willing to bet they won't let ANYTHING slide under the radar at Penn State now. Who wants that bet?

In today's society, it's always the people left behind to deal with the cleanup...always. In other words, "the sins of the father are to be laid upon the children."

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:41 AM   #33
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
The whole thing disgusts me to no end.........

I first feel for the victims...hopefully one day they can get to some semblance of a normal life.

I feel like an idiot for believing that Penn St, Joe Pa, and the whole mess was one of the good guys....Boy was I wrong.

And I feel that Sandusky got away with it....He is now 68 and will never really receive or understand his punishment...until he meets his maker.

A whole bunch of lives destroyed because of one persons actions...really pitiful.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote