Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 12-19-2017, 11:21 PM   #505
Poppacapp

Drives: 2017 Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEEZYSS View Post
Your pointing out all my points!! You can clearly see the pattern of all the other 18's that have run. No crazy gap between them.
Breathe brah!! Its just a car. I kind of imagine you pulling your hair out when not on the forum looking for more details on 18 GT runs.
Poppacapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 11:28 PM   #506
Poppacapp

Drives: 2017 Grand Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I personally have no problem calling BS when I smell it. Nothing personal, but I'm not gonna hold my tongue if I have something to say. Could Evans go to a random dealership, buy a random 2018 GT, go to the track, and then bust off an 11.8 again at any time of the year? Absolutely not. This all seems very carefully planned out as a marketing tactic. And it works. Heck it even worked for our forum here considering that C6 is now probably the most popular forum on the internet...considering all the trolls coming in and all of M6G watching what we say and flooding other social media sites with quotes from us, lol!! So yea, I'll call it as I see it. What we're supposed to have some sort of fear of him or something? LOL, give me a break.
To be fair, your analogy above of going to any dealership and buying a random GT and busting off an 11.8 anytime of the year also applies to the 6gen. Which also will not do it.
Poppacapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 12:07 AM   #507
Syphon23

Drives: 2008 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppacapp View Post
To be fair, your analogy above of going to any dealership and buying a random GT and busting off an 11.8 anytime of the year also applies to the 6gen. Which also will not do it.
Truth.
Syphon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:39 AM   #508
Fox9350

Drives: 2014 Kia Sorento
Does it concern the camaro owners here, even a little, that the 2018 mustang GT which has been out a matter of weeks and is in the hands of almost no one is already posting hero runs at or near the very best of the current camaro? How about the trap speeds we’re seeing which hover close to 120mph? When I look at the hero list of camaro here I see trap speeds at 114, 115, 116 mph. And that is a car in the hands of public a couple years.....just wait until the public has these (almost no one has one yet, look at the orders page on mustang6g)....probably won’t be until spring next year when we see avg Joes breaking into 11s at 120. As of now I’ve seen 3 YouTube’s with claims of bone stock Down to the tire (NOT DRAG RADIALS) trapping at almost 120 with the worst run 12.0x and Evans hero runs in the deep 11.8x. If you’re not concerned from a fanboy bench racing standpoint based on all that, you should be.

I’ve seen “ it’s a ringer” , “the track was rented”, “he ripped out the seats” , “drag radials”.....only true claim was track rental for Evan, rest fanboy bs. Others did on public track nights......The 2018 GT is a faster car in a straight line than the SS. Denial isn’t a river in Egypt.

Last edited by Fox9350; 12-20-2017 at 04:01 AM.
Fox9350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 04:15 AM   #509
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox9350 View Post
Does it concern the camaro owners here, even a little, that the 2018 mustang GT which has been out a matter of weeks and is in the hands of almost no one is already posting hero runs at or near the very best of the current camaro? How about the trap speeds we’re seeing which hover close to 120mph? When I look at the hero list of camaro here I see trap speeds at 114, 115, 116 mph. And that is a car in the hands of public a couple years.....just wait until the public has these (almost no one has one yet, look at the orders page on mustang6g)....probably won’t be until spring next year when we see avg Joes breaking into 11s at 120. As of now I’ve seen 3 YouTube’s with claims of bone stock Down to the tire (NOT DRAG RADIALS) trapping at almost 120 with the worst run 12.0x and Evans hero runs in the deep 11.8x. If you’re not concerned from a fanboy bench racing standpoint based on all that, you should be.

I’ve seen “ it’s a ringer” , “the track was rented”, “he ripped out the seats” , “drag radials”.....only true claim was track rental for Evan, rest fanboy bs. Others did on public track nights......The 2018 GT is a faster car in a straight line than the SS. Denial isn’t a river in Egypt.
LOL concerned about what? Is a 18 GT going to come have butt sex with their wives or something. The cars are even, it's not like the GT is peeling the paint off their doors as it blows by.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:30 AM   #510
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:

What we are seeing on average in only the 1st month is the GT is faster than the 6th Gen. Expect the conversation to now shift back to handling and straight line speed doesn't mean anything just like it was in the 11-14 years when the 5.0 and 500s were handing it to the SS and ZL1s on the street and strip.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:51 AM   #511
khell86

Drives: 2012 Ford Focus
That 11.835 @ 119 posted by Smith had a 60 ft time of 1.88, which is good but not what these top runs made by Camaro's seem to be doing. If someone can knock that down to a 1.7 or 1.6, we're looking at a possible 11.6 ET which matches the trap speed the mustang is putting down.
khell86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 07:54 AM   #512
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
I think we can leave the Mustang Trolls to continue this thread on their own guys. They fail to accept the fact that while the new Mustang is clearly very fast, it is simply too early to call it quite yet. They wont give up until we declare the Mustang the bench racing champion.

I suspect years of poor performance has them all worked up, and that pent up desire to go fast has them foaming at the mouth now that Ford has clearly made the '18 GT a clear competitor. They just need a mountain to scream from the top of, and I guess C6G is their mountain.

I am more interested to see how it sells now that isn't a bargain anymore. As many Stangers have proclaimed, performance doesn't matter. Not sure what will keep sales up if that is true, considering they are spending for to gain nothing that 'matters'.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:54 AM   #513
islander033
SLOBRA1

Drives: GT500/Cruze/DMax/Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

And I love how you just keep posting nonsense just to get some attention. Saying that we're mad didn't work, you got ignored. And you're still trying. So here, you got some attention.

Says the guy in a Scat Pack...shoulda got a Hellcat bro.

And you got a little more attention. Good for you. So what does it matter to you what someone else does with their car? What makes your particular preference better or more respected than theirs? Some people don't care to beat their cars on the track. Not everyone has an old car that can be put together cheap if something breaks. If someone prefers to dyno race and thinks that what you do is stupid then what makes them any more right or wrong than you. I personally prefer roll racing. But I'll get on the strip and drag race too. You might beat me on the strip, but if I whup your ass in a roll race and that is more important to me then does that make you lame?
You are one of the mad bench racers I was referring to. lol

I'm sure you couldn't beat me at the track or on the street. Because you don't race more than your bench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Islander likes to roll race as well and knows his stuff

But I don’t think he is totally unbiased. He leans team mustang no matter what he says

No one is totally unbiased, but I have given GM way more cash since 2012 than any other car maker. (3 new vehicles)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmoon View Post
What we are seeing on average in only the 1st month is the GT is faster than the 6th Gen. Expect the conversation to now shift back to handling and straight line speed doesn't mean anything just like it was in the 11-14 years when the 5.0 and 500s were handing it to the SS and ZL1s on the street and strip.
No doubt. lol
Old 12-20-2017, 08:03 AM   #514
Pitufina

Drives: 08 Corvette C6 MN6
Quote:

True to a certain extent. We are at the peak of borderline excellent DA and too cold for traction here soon. The mustang is posting some really good trap speeds, which I account for the possibility of the engines being somewhat underrated (still can be accounted for the low temps) and the current DAs, but the majority of the gains come from the A10. I bet we won't see the M6 trapping that high of a mph or ETs that good with a bone stock non-drag radial car. Ford increased the peak, but the gearing on the M6 is now worst than the previous MT-82. Do people pay attention on why the GT350 is such a dog being a 526hp car? Answer: High RPM engine, somewhat heavy with non-matching gearing! Put some 4.30's and a short tire and it will be a different car. I understand the car was built for road racing, but those that insist in drag racing it should learn some things before.

Based on Lund video, the 18 mustang is very well tuned from factory with little to gain on 93oct. He had to resort to e85 for good gains and he put it in perspective when he talked about the gains in the 15-17 which were better, especially in the mid range, where the coyote needs it the most.

I'm not discounting the mustang. What I am seeing is a bunch of blind fanatics that can't differentiate what they have in front of them. I started with mustangs back in 1991, and have had 4 all built and I drag raced them regularly. Now I also own an LS powered that has been the easiest to hit goals IMO. My biggest disappointment has always been how ford and other mustang owners claim the mustang can run this et/mph and it's like finding a needle in a haystack at the track with one actually running good times. The only one that has impressed and met the expectation was my buddy's 12 Boss which ran a best of 12.4@117 bone stock on stock tires with some practice. I jumped in it and ran 12.7@115 with absolutely no practice. Drag radials installed and ran 11.7-8@121! Later it broke the transmission.

I like both the Camaro and the mustang, but ford priced the mustang way too high IMO. That's Stingray territory. I'm waiting to see what happens within the next year, it should be exciting!

Last edited by Pitufina; 12-20-2017 at 08:14 AM.
Pitufina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:23 AM   #515
TEEZYSS

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppacapp View Post
Breathe brah!! Its just a car. I kind of imagine you pulling your hair out when not on the forum looking for more details on 18 GT runs.
Brother this is straight internet fun. The 18 is not the first car people will sit back and argue about it and it wont be the last...

I remember when it was about the TPI 350 vs the 5.0...Then LT1 vs the 5.0..

How there was no way the LS1 was that fast stock... And a ton of people not being able to run times in stripped down LS1's that Evan did in a loaded up car.

I remember Bob Crosby running 11's in his 99 cobra and both the cobra owners and the LS owners called BS because guys could barely run 12's with them

I remember the big feud between the C5Z owners and the 03-04 cobra guys. Arguing who was faster and how ford needed a blower.

Nitrous is cheating, Nitrous blows up motors, blowers are the best, turbos are better,carb is the way to go,efi is the way to go.... yada,yada,yada

This is nothing more then good ole internet trolling.

I just love how blinding brand loyalty can be.... Evan could have ran a 11.1@123 and ford boys wouldn't have blinked. I look forward to seeing the 18 click off 10's with upgraded spark plugs and walmart house brand tires. LMAO... but even more so looking forward to watching a ton of people try to run what he did and scratch their heads because they cant. I mean PRO DRIVER in a A10 with drag mode.... Aside from cutting down the tree how much work did he actually do aside from tire pressure changes??????????
GFORCE DRIVESHAFT,LME 174 T-STAT,ATI UDP up next...

Last edited by TEEZYSS; 12-20-2017 at 08:53 AM.
TEEZYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:24 AM   #516
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I think we can leave the Mustang Trolls to continue this thread on their own guys. They fail to accept the fact that while the new Mustang is clearly very fast, it is simply too early to call it quite yet. They wont give up until we declare the Mustang the bench racing champion.

I suspect years of poor performance has them all worked up, and that pent up desire to go fast has them foaming at the mouth now that Ford has clearly made the '18 GT a clear competitor. They just need a mountain to scream from the top of, and I guess C6G is their mountain.

I am more interested to see how it sells now that isn't a bargain anymore. As many Stangers have proclaimed, performance doesn't matter. Not sure what will keep sales up if that is true, considering they are spending for to gain nothing that 'matters'.

LOL I think this for the most part has all been in good fun. I also think a lot of it is there were a few select people here that said the HP bump and A10 wouldn't make a huge difference in the Mustang performance from 15-17. Seems like the mustang guys want those people to eat crow now LOL.

Like I said earlier, KM had the best view. Straightline the cars seem to be pretty damn even now, in the turns the Camaro will still probably have a significant advantage.

Why is this good news? It clearly shows that GM is pushing Ford hard to compete. From these early numbers, the 18 is much better than the 15-17 cars. That normally doesn't happen in a refresh. Now some like Blaq or hotlap might say Ford is just getting to the party big deal. Yes it is a big deal, you might even say Ford got caught with their pants down with how good the 6 gen was/is while the S550 was just good enough. GM clearly was a bit more forward thinking performance wise with the 6th gen, than Ford was with the Mustang.

Why is it good the Mustang seems to have caught up? Competition makes everyone better. GM seeing how much Ford put into just a refresh, might make them do a bit more than they had planned in a refresh or might make them push the 7th gen car even further than they were planning, bc they see the competition across the street is ready to respond and not going down without a fight.

While its fun to come on a forum and go haha look how bad the competition failed, we should want all refreshes/ next gens to out do the competition. BC that makes the next round of cars even better.

And a side note on the Evan Smith Hero run that I think a lot of people are glossing over, he straight up mentioned several things that are "tricks" to getting best ET. I think people are underestimating how much short staging can help knock E/T down.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:27 AM   #517
TEEZYSS

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 2SS
Quote:

Not trying to rain on the parade but there have been guys in NEGATIVE DA that have trapped 118-120 in the 6th gen stock. Well 119.68... I shouldn't round up.
GFORCE DRIVESHAFT,LME 174 T-STAT,ATI UDP up next...
TEEZYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 08:31 AM   #518
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEEZYSS View Post
Not trying to rain on the parade but there have been guys in NEGATIVE DA that have trapped 118-120 in the 6th gen stock. Well 119.68... I shouldn't round up.
Car and Driver trapped 118mph in their long term 2016 Camaro SS (both in the initial test and at 40k miles):

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews...rm-test-review

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote