Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 12-21-2017, 09:53 AM   #631
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox9350 View Post
The revisionist history considering how the 5.0 gen 5 mustang stomped the gen 5 camaro in peformance and the camaro has a checkered history and went into almost permanent hiatus for half a generation due to lack of interest and sales is amusing. The camaro exists because of the Mustang not the other way around. The Mustang aftermarket is far more expansive.
What the Mustang launched the Camaro? No love for the Baracuda?

https://macsmotorcitygarage.com/beat...uth-barracuda/

Don't forget the same A-Body went to house the glorious 340, then the OK 383 and probably one of the fastest Muscle cars the 440 in an A-body Dart. While the mustang took on two? body design changes in the engine compartment area to house the 351 4V, 390FE and 429.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:03 AM   #632
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
So far we have tires as an excuse. And someone was upset that they didn't put the PP against the base SS so there's that. So what will be next? The Camaro's engine? Uh, the GT wasn't broken in? Maybe they don't know how to drive the new GT properly? DA at the track that day favored pushrod engines? There was a strong 50 mph head-wind gust during the GT's run? The Earth's rotation, gravitational pull, and the position of the moon slightly favored the SS on that particular day? Uh...Evans wasn't there to drive the GT? What else??
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:04 AM   #633
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
The Camaro has those world class run flat tires that come on every SS and the lightning fast and easy to launch m6 that comes in every SS. The mustang really got screwed here
I liked the OEM runflats and with practice could break into the high 3s 0-60 on them in DD trim. Once I went to full bolt-ons and E85, the stock tire was near impossible to hook, WOT could not be had in 1st gear at all. I stepped up (now on my third set of rear tires...) to the Pilot Sport 4S, I can now apply WOT in the top of first and no lift shift the rest of the way. My next mod is to widen a set of stock rims and run the 305 version of the PS4, best tire ever made... BTW yesterday I ran my first Hellcat, he smoked them tires on launch and I pulled 3 car lengths, he slowly walked me to about 1.5 lengths still behind me at 120 when I shut down. Meaning the PS4 at least puts me in a drivers race with a Hellcat on OEM rubber...
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:06 AM   #634
2Bowties

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS, 2002 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
But, but, trap speed...LOL!!

You better be glad it trapped faster. Because otherwise it would have been a clean sweep performance-wise. In any case, what matters is the amount of time it takes to cross that line. And the Mustang got beaten. And Edmunds tested the SS to run a 12.4 at 115 with the A8. So even with the advantage the GT still managed to come out behind.

"But, but, tires"...

Yea yea yea...12.6

Yea because they're all crying and kicking and screaming over here, lol!

Hahahah your such a blaqwhole
2Bowties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:10 AM   #635
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
So to recap.... Edmunds tested two loaded non-Performance pack Pony cars and the Camaro came out as the winner on the track.

Better braking, better G, and essentially a dead even in the 1/4 mile and 0-60 time. The only thing it actually lost in was the trap speed.

However, now we've heard the following:

But, didn't have Brembo's...
But, tires...
But, no PP package...

Yet, this comparison was done with the Mustang having it's best possible engine/transmission combo while the Camaro ran it's slower transmission option. The A8 is actually the faster Camaro....

What I took away from this was this....the 2018 Mustang GT is only worth buying with the PP2 option, essentially the 1LE version of the Camaro. Anything less than this is like pissing into the wind..
Old 12-21-2017, 10:13 AM   #636
ULTRAZLS1

Drives: 14 Silverado LTZ Z71, 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I liked the OEM runflats and with practice could break into the high 3s 0-60 on in DD trim. Once I went to full bolt-ons and E85, the stock tire was near impossible to hook, WOT could not be had in 1st gear at all. I stepped up (now on my third set of rear tires...) to the Pilot Sport 4S, I can now apply WOT in the top of first and no lift shift the rest of the way. My next mod is to widen a set of stock rims and run the 305 version of the PS4, best tire ever made... BTW yesterday I ran my first Hellcat, he smoked them tires on launch and I pulled 3 car lengths, he slowly walked me to about 1.5 lengths still behind me at 120 when I shut down. Meaning the PS4 at least puts me in a drivers race with a Hellcat on OEM rubber...
They aren’t too bad. Main thing it’s standard equipment. It’s not chevys fault that’s what’s on base models
ULTRAZLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:25 AM   #637
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I liked the OEM runflats and with practice could break into the high 3s 0-60 on them in DD trim. Once I went to full bolt-ons and E85, the stock tire was near impossible to hook, WOT could not be had in 1st gear at all. I stepped up (now on my third set of rear tires...) to the Pilot Sport 4S, I can now apply WOT in the top of first and no lift shift the rest of the way. My next mod is to widen a set of stock rims and run the 305 version of the PS4, best tire ever made... BTW yesterday I ran my first Hellcat, he smoked them tires on launch and I pulled 3 car lengths, he slowly walked me to about 1.5 lengths still behind me at 120 when I shut down. Meaning the PS4 at least puts me in a drivers race with a Hellcat on OEM rubber...
How do you widen the stock wheels? I didn't know you could do this?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:32 AM   #638
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
How do you widen the stock wheels? I didn't know you could do this?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223944
http://www.ericvaughnmachine.com/

Something like that...
Old 12-21-2017, 10:36 AM   #639
islander033
SLOBRA1

Drives: GT500/Cruze/DMax/Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Honestly, I know there are variables like wheel spin that while producing a slower time will increase trap speed but I am no expert in drag racing so should keep my mouth shut on that hahaha.

I think what we will see is the Camaro consistently being a little bit faster, but the Mustang consistently having equal or better trap.
All that comes into play and not all cars react the same.

Looks like a drivers race to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmackisback View Post
A10 GT 12.6....LOL! And to the guy making childish remarks about "sucking off" ... The traps were basically within 1 mph of each other, so you must agree the GT trap was poor too.
So, the faster car trapped less? Less top end for SS I guess. All that bottom end TQ and no top end. Sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
The A10 is a very good transmission. It's already drawn a ton of raves regarding it's performance.

I'd say the biggest factor is just the better launch off the line for the A10 vs. the M6...
Looks like the Ford designed A10 is the real deal, good thing GM paid cash to use it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULTRAZLS1 View Post
Guess you haven’t seen the fast list. Look at all the times and honestly tell me the trend favors the m6. Noooo

They have also been tested same day

No trap advantage for m6
See above for A10 comment.

Quote:
But, but, trap speed...LOL!!

You better be glad it trapped faster. Because otherwise it would have been a clean sweep performance-wise. In any case, what matters is the amount of time it takes to cross that line. And the Mustang got beaten. And Edmunds tested the SS to run a 12.4 at 115 with the A8. So even with the advantage the GT still managed to come out behind.

"But, but, tires"...

Yea yea yea...12.6

Yea because they're all crying and kicking and screaming over here, lol!
So you race but don't think trap speed is an important metric? Damn benches!

Where your slip for your m6 hellcat?????
Old 12-21-2017, 10:42 AM   #640
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by islander033 View Post
So, the faster car trapped less? Less top end for SS I guess. All that bottom end TQ and no top end. Sweet!
The Mustang makes more power, so all that shows is the 5.0 isn’t making much power down low.

The LT1 makes the torque to get the SS off the line and through the traps quicker. That shouldn’t be a surprise.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:47 AM   #641
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
It's a bit too early to take one set of performance figures and declare victory or defeat for either car.

Hell if performance figures from magazines were to be believed as set in stone law then the Gen 5 Camaro wouldn't have ever been capable of breaking into the 12's stock (LS3 or L99) when we all know it was easily capable of doing so.

Hell the 2010 Challenger R/T's were tested at 14.0 flat and 13.9's yet I've personally watched bone stock R/T's hit 13.4 in less than good air.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:48 AM   #642
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The Mustang makes more power, so all that shows is the 5.0 isn’t making much power down low.

The LT1 makes the torque to get the SS off the line and through the traps quicker. That shouldn’t be a surprise.
Additionally, all that low end LT1 torque is what makes it so satisfying to drive around town.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:53 AM   #643
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post

The SS makes 5 less hp and the manual trans car has trapped 118mph in other tests (reference C&D long term Camaro. I would not read too much into the trap speed on one test (being 1mph lower) and draw a conclusion that it has less power.

The cars are very close, so any small noise factor (ambient conditions, driver, etc) could tip the scales either way -- based on results from this test at least.

I'm anxious to see more comparison tests!

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 10:54 AM   #644
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
. In any case, what matters is the amount of time it takes to cross that line. And the Mustang got beaten.
no matter how big your bias 12.6 is not faster than 12.6 sorry dude
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
So to recap.... Edmunds tested two loaded non-Performance pack Pony cars and the Camaro came out as the winner on the track.
False... Edmunds tested a no option 1SS to a loaded with every option but the ones that improve performance GT and never bothered to even critique those options in their review... excellent reporting imo
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote