Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-21-2017, 11:02 AM   #645
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by islander033 View Post
All that comes into play and not all cars react the same.

Looks like a drivers race to me.
I agree, A10 GT v any SS configuration appears to be a drivers race. I do not think the M6 GT will peroform near as well as the A10 version, but am excited to watch it all play out.

I am honestly just glad we have a reason to compare performance between these 2 again!
Old 12-21-2017, 11:03 AM   #646
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Looks like the Ford designed A10 is the real deal, good thing GM paid cash to use it too.
Ford/GM teamed up to develop TWO transmissions that they would both share equally.

Ford led the engineering on the A10, while GM is leading the engineering on a 9 spd auto for FWD cars. BOTH companies are paying to design/engineer this.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:05 AM   #647
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilsReject97 View Post
Yep, my point exactly.

You would expect some variation due to track locations and DA, but you wouldnt expect that huge of a variation.

I actually graduated HS not far from where Little River Dragway is located. It's the perfect kind of area for drag racing, especially in November. Great air, good DA, good weather typically.

There is simply no way that a car that ran in Florida of all places, is going to somehow magically be that much faster than a car that was modified with a pro driver. Not if it is stock...
I race at Little River, its track prep it poor to non-existent especially in the 90s and early 2000s. Things are better at pro nights, but test and tune um you are better off at the average stop lights. I can spin the stock run flats anywhere in 2nd gear for example...
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:05 AM   #648
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
no matter how big your bias 12.6 is not faster than 12.6 sorry dude

False... Edmunds tested a no option 1SS to a loaded with every option but the ones that improve performance GT and never bothered to even critique those options in their review... excellent reporting imo
Actually, the other guy was correct. It's clearly a 2SS in the Edmunds test. You can tell by the leather seats, dual mode climate control, and phone charging pad.

Best 1/4 Mile: 12.24 @ 115.9 mph
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:08 AM   #649
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:

False... Edmunds tested a no option 1SS to a loaded with every option but the ones that improve performance GT and never bothered to even critique those options in their review... excellent reporting imo
it was a 2ss as they said it had HUD. Cant get that in a 1ss.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:09 AM   #650
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
I'll give Blaq his credit he called a mid 12 and it happened. Disappointing time for sure.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:11 AM   #651
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:

And what exactly did the SS have that was performance improving? It had all the standard BASE equipment that an SS has when you buy it. Additionally, they started off by saying that these WERE NOT the performance package cars.

Also, the Camaro is a 2SS with the Redline Edition visual upgrades.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:15 AM   #652
islander033
SLOBRA1

Drives: GT500/Cruze/DMax/Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
I agree, A10 GT v any SS configuration appears to be a drivers race. I do not think the M6 GT will peroform near as well as the A10 version, but am excited to watch it all play out.

I am honestly just glad we have a reason to compare performance between these 2 again!
Agreed!
Quote:
Ford/GM teamed up to develop TWO transmissions that they would both share equally.

Ford led the engineering on the A10, while GM is leading the engineering on a 9 spd auto for FWD cars. BOTH companies are paying to design/engineer this.
Yup. Ford had the lead on the RWD A10 and GM has the lead on the FWD A9.

GM knows who does what modern trans better I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I'll give Blaq his credit he called a mid 12 and it happened. Disappointing time for sure.
Both had disappointing ET... that happens with poor prep.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:20 AM   #653
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEEZYSS View Post
Ahhh I love when new platforms come out and everyone tries to corner the market.

So real talk.....

LMR'S car ran in negative DA when it made its passes both stock 12.0@117 and modded. I live right down the road from that track. The car was also tuned when it made its 11.8-11.9 passes. Know some peeps that work there. Was also done at a track rental Not taking anything away from the times..

But again everyone is out to corner the market right now.

HEMI on youtube trapped 119 in -1300 DA. He even posted the DA during the video. There have been 6th gens that have done the same.

Both Beefcake and Carlyle went 12.3's@115 on drag packs bone stock. they ran the DA's were 500 and down into the negatives.

Funny that Beefcakes car on 100hp shot went 123 mph and somehow LUND's E85 TUNE also went 123.. e85 is like nitrous now.

The real deal is that right now just like every other car that comes out they will be all over the place. There will be shops posting up insane times that will draw people into buying their products. And things are usually alittle skewed... Its just business. Some will run good times and some wont.

All 6th gens don't run 11's and all 18's aren't gonna trap 119 stock. Yes DA makes a massive difference along with the track ,the prep and the driver. People that can do track rentals have a drastic advantage over everyone no matter what the car is....

we could all run better times at a track rental in -1400 DA at a track prepped so street tires get crazy 60fts. And some could benefit from better drivers running their cars

Every car no matter the brand is all over the map. 6th gens have trapped 110-120 bone stock. Hell my GF's stock 17 was quicker the my stock 16 ss and both are A8's. There is a kid named SAL that posts on youtube with his stock A8 SS. Has run a handful of stock 18's from a dig and a roll. Has pulled some from a roll and even pulled around some from a dig. He has also been beat by one. Which tells you they also have a gap in MPH and ET.

Are they a better car then the 6TH GEN........................that comes down to the people that have owned and or driven both. The 6th gen is 2 years old and has the A8. The 18 is brand new and has the A10 with alittle more weight.

Don't get caught up in the hype.... only thing that really matters is what they do in your area or track. I have coyote owners all around me barking that FBO E85 coyotes runs low 11's and trap 125 yet at the track they run 12's between 117-119. Listen to them say stock they run mid 12's and watching them run low 13's and barely 12.9's.

I also see guys posting 1.7 60ft's on F1's in 6th gen's but at my local tracks its 1.9-2.0's.

Real world..............take every race one at a time. You may race 2 cars with the same mods and one could be faster then the other.
this should be a sticky...
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:21 AM   #654
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
And what exactly did the SS have that was performance improving? It had all the standard BASE equipment that an SS has when you buy it. Additionally, they started off by saying that these WERE NOT the performance package cars.

Also, the Camaro is a 2SS with the Redline Edition visual upgrades.
you're correct it was a 2ss. when you look at the caption under the video they list all options for the GT but only mention the SS MSRP or 37995 and mention no options...thats where I assumed 1SS.

my point is Ford packages the GT diferently than the SS, you can buy a base GT without performance suspension and tires for less than you can purchase a SS because the SS has those items standard, so why take a Mustang without those items load it up with tech crap and then compare performance capabilities. the Cars are available with similar features, they should compare them that way.

you would still be able to say the 1LE will trounce it on a road course
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:27 AM   #655
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
All that comes into play and not all cars react the same.

Looks like a drivers race to me.

So, the faster car trapped less? Less top end for SS I guess. All that bottom end TQ and no top end. Sweet!

Looks like the Ford designed A10 is the real deal, good thing GM paid cash to use it too.

See above for A10 comment.

So you race but don't think trap speed is an important metric? Damn benches!

Where your slip for your m6 hellcat?????
Dude, no matter how hard you struggle to rationalize it and no matter how many excuses you come up with the simple fact is you're disappointed that the GT didn't blow the SS away or do better than a mid 12. And you're upset that it didn't come anywhere close to what you Mustang guys have been bragging about. We all know it.

As far as my slips for the HC, who said anything about the HC anyway? So do I have to take all my cars to the track all the time to prove something to you? LOL! GTFO here man. But incidentally I did take it to the track. I didn't get it until July this year so after break in I went. The night I went it was packed and we had a 2 hour wait. When we were up to run some kid broke down on the track (probably in a Mustang) so there was an additional 45 min wait for clean up. So after sitting and waiting for damn near 3 hours I left. It was almost closing and they were going to hot-lap me which I don't like doing. Plus I was tired and frustrated and that is no way to run a car like a Hellcat. So I have a return slip to go back. Unfortunately that was the last time I went as my work schedule picked up and tons of OT was available. And between going to the track and getting that money Imma choose money every time. So that is my story. I will hit the track in both of my cars this coming season. So if you're in NJ then you're more than welcome to come out there in one of your cars bro. I'll be out there.
Quote:

Bias? LOL! No matter how salty you are the GT still did not do better than we said it would. Disappointed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
LOL!! The Mustang guys should not be disappointed tho. It is clearly 3-5 tenths faster than the 15-17 based on the same type of testing. And that is with only a 25 hp increase and the A10 trans. It is disappointing only because these Mustang guys were expecting a 1 sec improvement and that is just not logical. Look at what it took for other cars to consistently do 11s in this same type of testing. Hellcat with M6, 11.7s. That is with 707 hp. ZL1 with M6, 11.7s. That is with 650 hp. GT500 with M6, 11.7s with 663 hp. They really thought a 460 hp GT with A10 trans would do those numbers consistently in any conditions in this type of testing? That is why I said mid 12s from the start. It takes a lot of power for these cars to do those types of performance numbers. Heck even the 15-17 GT guys at the track with boost are only doing mid to low 11s. Same with boosted SS Camaros. We will see faster times by about 2 tenths tho. M&T and C&D will likely get 12.4 or 12.5 out of the GT and 12.3 or 12.4 out of the SS making them driver's races. But that would still be in the area of mid 12s for the GT and low 12s for the SS. I personally am not impressed. But the GT guys should be happy even if the GT comes in behind, which will happen A8 to A10. Hey they are right on our tails now. It is soo close. It is basically 2011-2014 all over again this time with the SS ahead. None of us were ashamed of the SS during those years. So they shouldn't be ashamed or disappointed either. And they need to stop trying to get us to be impressed or gain our approval, lol!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:35 AM   #656
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Bias? LOL! No matter how salty you are the GT still did not do better than we said it would. Disappointed?
Why would I be salty I drive a 5yo GT because I cant afford a new car , remember. I should be stoked because now I can justify my lack of finanacial capability by saying the '18 is no faster than a '11 .
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 11:38 AM   #657
islander033
SLOBRA1

Drives: GT500/Cruze/DMax/Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

As far as my slips for the HC, who said anything about the HC anyway? So do I have to take all my cars to the track all the time to prove something to you? LOL! GTFO here man. But incidentally I did take it to the track. I didn't get it until July this year so after break in I went. The night I went it was packed and we had a 2 hour wait. When we were up to run some kid broke down on the track (probably in a Mustang) so there was an additional 45 min wait for clean up. So after sitting and waiting for damn near 3 hours I left....
Geeeze, was it so hard to say that you hadn't run it yet? LOL

I already kinda knew that you didn't run it. and

PS. SS and GT are now a drivers race. That's not a bad thing.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:44 AM   #658
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Quote:
you're correct it was a 2ss. when you look at the caption under the video they list all options for the GT but only mention the SS MSRP or 37995 and mention no options...thats where I assumed 1SS.

my point is Ford packages the GT diferently than the SS, you can buy a base GT without performance suspension and tires for less than you can purchase a SS because the SS has those items standard, so why take a Mustang without those items load it up with tech crap and then compare performance capabilities. the Cars are available with similar features, they should compare them that way.
The problem with that rationale is that the whole purpose was to test the normal V8 models, which is what most people buy. Most people do not care about the Performance this, 1LE that options... The general masses so to speak...

More to the point, it's not our fault that Ford makes you pay for basic, quality suspensions/braking that come standard on the SS. It's just an excuse. Just like the Lund car not having the Drag mode or whatever other nonsense can be come up with.

I'm not saying you're making an excuse, it's just how it comes across.