Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-29-2010, 09:29 PM   #1
5thGenOwner

Drives: 2010 SS
Keep it under a' hundred!

So I've had my Camaro since 11/6/09... and have yet to have any interaction with law enforcement, well... until today?!?

8am-ish this morning... I'm heading to work in my daily driver, which just happens to be my Camaro SS! I'm crossing an intersection and as I get into the middle I see a Motorcycle Cop just staring my Camaro down... with a huge-ass grin on his face. (& I mean HUGE!) I believe I rolled my eyes behind my sunglasses right then, because from his smile I 'thought' I knew what was next.
(I have no front license plate, and I live in CA…doah!)

As expected... the cop makes a quick right, putting him right on my bumper. He follows me through a couple green lights... so close, I was just waiting for his lights & the sound of his siren. We finally come to a red light... I stop and he pulls up on my passenger side motioning for me to roll down my window. I oblige (along with turning down my radio).

(btw, extra info you don't really need... I only look like a hippie from the hair up, and I just happened to have the February issue of Camaro Performers on my passenger seat.)

He ducks his head down, almost straining his back to look in, "How much does one of these SS's run, now-a-days?"

I lean over and reply, "This one was Thirty-Five Thousand." while subconsciously returning the huge grin the cop still had on his face.

The light turns green and the Cop gives my Camaro a 'once-over'. He leans in again... and with a sh*t eatin' grin on his face says, "It's a beautiful car! Keep it under a’ hundred!".

"Will do!" I respectfully replied. And before traffic started getting rowdy behind us, the Officer proceeded on his way, and I continued onto work... both of us grinnin' from ear to ear! (I still got mine!)

(NOTE: There is so much permagrin in this post, I didn't wanna 'over-do' it with emoticons)
Old 04-29-2010, 09:31 PM   #2
lock

Drives: 11 2SS/RS E-Force Supercharged
Cool story!

lock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:34 PM   #3
LazyYoYo
Yep, that just happened.

Drives: Norma Jean, '10 Black 1SS/RS
Right on.I had 3 SP's (AF cops) standing around mine when I walked out of a gas station and all they wanted is to look under the hood. Great story.
Flowmaster American Thunder Catback
BMR Stage 1
JRE Tune
LazyYoYo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:39 PM   #4
Taz_FL

Drives: 1LT/RS Yellow/Black
thats cool, good story
Old 04-29-2010, 09:55 PM   #5
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
that was cool.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 09:58 PM   #6
HALFFAST

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro
firken eh rights- cool
Old 04-29-2010, 10:00 PM   #7
youngoliver

Drives: 2SS/RS SIM -- Lifted 99' GMC
thats cool haha
youngoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:10 PM   #8
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
I like it!
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #9
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
You should of just romped up on it !!! lol
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:13 PM   #10
marcao

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Great story bro. I keep getting the thumbs up from everywhere. No cop story yet though. And honestly, I would prefer keeping things this way too...
marcao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 11:01 PM   #11
ahart04
most bang for your buck

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS CGM/BLK RALLYS
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10s.c. View Post
You should of just romped up on it !!! lol
lol this is what I was thinking! Nothing would have made the event more exiting for him than to see that 4.9 0-60! He meant keep it under a hundred right now
Old 04-29-2010, 11:27 PM   #12
MillerTime
Blowin the doors off!

Drives: A 2013 SS RS 6M SR
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5thGenOwner View Post
So I've had my Camaro since 11/6/09... and have yet to have any interaction with law enforcement, well... until today?!?

8am-ish this morning... I'm heading to work in my daily driver, which just happens to be my Camaro SS! I'm crossing an intersection and as I get into the middle I see a Motorcycle Cop just staring my Camaro down... with a huge-ass grin on his face. (& I mean HUGE!) I believe I rolled my eyes behind my sunglasses right then, because from his smile I 'thought' I knew what was next.
(I have no front license plate, and I live in CA…doah!)

As expected... the cop makes a quick right, putting him right on my bumper. He follows me through a couple green lights... so close, I was just waiting for his lights & the sound of his siren. We finally come to a red light... I stop and he pulls up on my passenger side motioning for me to roll down my window. I oblige (along with turning down my radio).

(btw, extra info you don't really need... I only look like a hippie from the hair up, and I just happened to have the February issue of Camaro Performers on my passenger seat.)

He ducks his head down, almost straining his back to look in, "How much does one of these SS's run, now-a-days?"

I lean over and reply, "This one was Thirty-Five Thousand." while subconsciously returning the huge grin the cop still had on his face.

The light turns green and the Cop gives my Camaro a 'once-over'. He leans in again... and with a sh*t eatin' grin on his face says, "It's a beautiful car! Keep it under a’ hundred!".

"Will do!" I respectfully replied. And before traffic started getting rowdy behind us, the Officer proceeded on his way, and I continued onto work... both of us grinnin' from ear to ear! (I still got mine!)

(NOTE: There is so much permagrin in this post, I didn't wanna 'over-do' it with emoticons)
Were not all @$$e$ like some people would paint us as...

2G1FS1EWXD9163847

MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:10 AM   #13
Black_2SS

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS HotWheels Edition
Cool story. Yeah, some cops are just car guys too. I had one pull up next to me at a gas station and start talking to me about mine. Came right out and said bet that thing is fast, you could probably out run me. I was kinda speechless. I wasn't really sure how to respond to that. So I just said well I hope I don't have to find out!
Black_2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:39 AM   #14
first one

Drives: SSRS - black, GFX, SSX wheels
Cool story, and you tell it so well!
first one is offline   Reply With Quote